20 of us went to this location again (2 years in a row) and to be honest I think it has improved a lot form last year and is getting better and the prices are dropping.
We had 2 bedroom suites with full bathroom + a 2nd small bathroom with toilet & shower, a lounge with TV which unfiortunately only had BBC news for English channles.
We were B&B and although not great there was a good selection of fresh fruit or cooked breakfast although cooked in a definite spanish way i.e. lots of garlic oil.........if you deceide to have bacon then ask the person cooking the omelettes to put the bacon on the hot plate for 5mins as this will crisp it up, unless you like rare fatty bacon that is. The staff in the restaurant were good, except for one miserable waitress who scowled at everybody if they asked for coffee or tea.
We went into Benidorm most nights and in my opinion the best places were the front were they have lots of live music playing, the square was as tacky as hell and was best avoided unless you like that type of enviroment.
We played 4 rounds of golf - 2 x Levante OK, 1 x Bonalba OK, 1 x Font de Llop POOR
Although we enjoyed ourselves we will be going somewhere else next year but I would use the hotel again if I were to go the area in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 20 minutes from Alicante, Melia Villaitana has two hotels Melia Villaitana 4* y The Level at Melia Villaitana 5*. Melia Villaitana has been designed in the form of a Mediterranean village, lying between 2 golf courses designed by Nicklaus Design and boasting some wonderful views of the Gran Bahia of the Costa Blanca. Its 25 individual buildings and its unique architectural style replicate picturesque squares and historic corners of the region, making the hotel an innovative experience for both leisure and business, and positioning it as a new concept of exclusivity, comfort and service on the Costa Blanca.Accommodation: The hotel has 455 spacious double rooms, including 99 rooms of The Level (5 star) category.Services: The hotel has 2 golf courses, 5,000 m2 of outdoor pools, as well as a wide range of cuisine, 2 tennis and 6 paddle courts, an outdoor childrens play area, a kids club, artificial beach and a complete Spa & Wellness Center with 13 treatment rooms, thermal pools, gym and relaxation room. A Convention Centre with 6,000 m2 of flexible space, divided into 17 meeting rooms to meet every requirement in relation to conferences and large events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia and Priceline so you can book your Melia Villaitana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaitana Wellness Golf & Business Sun Hotel Benidorm
- Villaitana Wellness Golf And Business Sun Resort
- Villaitana Wellness Hotel Business Sun
- Villaitana Wellness Resort Business Sun
- Sheraton Benidorm