“good hotel”
Review of Hotel Alameda

Hotel Alameda
Ranked #87 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and that is why I rebooked again...Yes,the hotel is Spanish and the food is spanish and it IS in Spain and that is why I like it...Room is basic compared to what I am used to in Ireland but one has to go with what is on offer in another country.
I enjoyed another week here at the Alemeda and just because I do not speak the language does not mean that the management have to speak english just to suit me.After all,I am in their country..It pisses me off when people come on here and expect everyone to tend to their language needs and food needs when one is dealing with a different culture.Get over it...!!! Good hotel and close to all that is going on..I will be back again without a doubt..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
15  Thank Patrick C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alameda

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is my second visit to the Alameda and I can't fault it. You get exactly what it says on the tin, Spanish food, well cooked and a friendly staff and clientele. If you are from the UK and want it to be the same as back home...............stay home !!! Or better still get a handle on some Spanish, (a few phrases goes a long way) and enjoy this place for what it is. You won't get a better location or a better price. Some of the English reviewers should just go to Blackpool and write reviews complaining about the weather.

Room Tip: Front facing high floor gives a sea view and a great place to people watch on the lovely tree lined...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Guitarm4n
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Booked this hotel with two other couples for a three night break. First impressions from outside and entering the reception and having a drink in the bar area were ok.The location for the old town and the beach was perfect, however its downhill from here.
Despite making it exceptionally clear when booking, my request for a "quiet" room resulted in being plonked facing the lift on the second floor. The noise from people waiting for the lift and coming up the stairs was dreadful. I'm not talking about British people partying on holiday, but extremely loud Spanish people slamming doors and shouting all over the place.
Sleep was available for about 5 hours a night.
I asked if we could change rooms on arrival but the hotel was full and I was refused my request for our money back to enable us to go somewhere else.
Room although very basic was clean, The air-con system was a bit noisier than usual but the shower was perfectly adequate. There is no pool here but the beach is very close by.
If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a superb location and are just looking to throw your luggage in, sleep a little and eat somewhere else this may be ok for you but otherwise do your research. If we'd have been located in a different room my review may have been more positive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank grrays
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The hotel from the outside looked reasonably nice all black and white very modern and it is situated right in the middle of the old town. Staying at the hotel was a different story it was awful, staff didn't interact with us one bit, more or less avoided us, we believe this was because we were english. The rooms were tiny, very basic but that was to be expected, what we didn't expect was the food to be how it was, no choice, looked disgusting, no English alternative, the restaurant was like a school cafeteria and stank of sewers, we also had to pay for water with our meal even though we paid for half board. I could go on forever it was the worst 4 days of my life. We were treated like outcast as if we had the plague or something, all I will say is never ever again and urge any english people to please avoid I can't stress how bad it was.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Louise2662
Reviewed June 11, 2011

just got back from the alameda, very basic excellent location, very quiet at night. the food is not for the english only english couple there , the tv is in spanish, and you do feel a bit out of place in the dinning room.but you do get used to it ,the view from our balcony was grim,but the location as i said before is excellent ,very near to the beach and old town,

Room Tip: asking did not do us any good.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank boon0114
Reviewed March 15, 2011

stayed at alameda march 09-13 2011 just got back, the staff were friendly enough and everything very clean but the food was not for english people entertainment not for english people tv not for english people (not even news channel} doors banging at all times and i was with my husband and 2 grandchildren and was supposed to be in a twin room well we had room about 11ft x12ft and they had squashed 4 single beds into it 3 across the room and 1 at the bottom there was no table and only one chair so every time we came back to the room we had to lie down as there was no space inbetween the beds to put your feet down. Dont think it would have been allowed here in england because you could not move around and would not have got out easily if there was a fire there was no balcony which was just as well because the veiw was only the back of the other hotel yards,when it rained the water was banging of the air con caseing which was all night one night, we only had 4 nights thankfully and was glad to get home for a rest and decent food

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank callybear
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Booked one night full board, dinner was atrocious, did not sample breakfast or lunch as, due to the incessant noise from the thoroughfare outside, checked out at 3am.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple