“Best of basic”

Hotel Iris
Ranked #112 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
“Best of basic”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service with lovely owners. Location in the old town is spot on with lovely shops and bars close by and easy access to both beautiful beaches. The new town is only ten minutes away so you can do it or not, your choice!

1 Thank Joanne H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and couldn't be more pleased. Cleanliness and location are excellent with all local amenities close by. Above all else, the owners were the most welcome hosts that mede us feel that nothing was too much trouble. Thank you both. Regards, Paul & Les.

Room Tip: If you speak directly to the hotel and explain your needs they will be nothing but honest about what...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Les G
Ciudad Quesada, Spain
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Sabby and her brother couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. They should pat themselves on the backs for being the best hoteliers in Benidorm. The rooms were adequate for what we needed for our two night stay and very clean. The beach and shops are within a minute or two's walk making the hotel an ideal location. We will be returning.

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant at this hotel but you can get a coffee and tea in the mornings.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraceyA920
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute as I had to rush to Benidorm for a family emergency. When I arrived at the hotel it was very late and was greeted by the lovely owner.

I was not expecting much from the hotel as it was only cheap but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and the owners could not do enough to help us.

The hotel is basic but clean and you even had air conditioning in you room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The hotel is located in the old town of Benidorm and is only a short work from the local shops and amenities.

As a young woman I felt safe in the hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there by myself. I even took their business card in case I need to return.

I really cannot thank the staff enough for all their help and assistance whilst I was there.

2 Thank WelshRaskino
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well what can I say? This is exactly what it is, a great priced but basic hotel. It is so close to the old town and is close to anywhere you need. The owners are amazing and went out of their way to help me and looked after me during my stay and it was great to chat about traveling and the UK. Would highly recommend to any one needing cheap but extremely cheerful accommodation. The only negative thing I can say is no blackout curtains but I never travel without an eye mask so wasn't a problem. Thanks again to the owners who were amazing :)

Godiva

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank godivauk
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

You will not find a nicer hotel keeper ever!!! We were slightly concerned at first but ended up being the best accommodation and a perfect compliment to the holiday! Keep doing what your doing Wendy!!!

1 Thank Garrold86
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of ten for a stag. At first I could see the owners were concerned that we may be a little rowdy but once she met us all I think she enjoyed all our company as did we. What a fantastic little place in a quiet area of the old town. Easy access to local amenities and shopping. The owners were so welcoming and friendly helping us with anything we needed. A first you worry when you have to hand your room key in when you leave but we were able to come in at any hours of the morning and believe me we did! Nothing was a problem and was nice to sit and chat in the bar area while waiting to go out.
The facilities are adequate, everything was clean and to be honest that's all you need. Other reviews i Can't really understand as this is a lovely little place with fantastic owners and service. Try it........ Scott

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends