“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL”

Ranked #104 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Birmingham UK
“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Good hotel at a budget price.

My wife and I recently got back from four nights at the Mont Park in Benidorm. We paid £250.00 each for flights, transfers, and four nights at the Mont Park on a half board basis. We stayed on the last bank holiday weekend in May. We were looking to book on a self catering basis but half board was coming up at the same price! It was still the cheapest hotel on the websites we were looking at so thought we would just risk it as previous reviews were generally positive on tripadvisor.We were expecting a good hotel but on a budget price and the hotel easily gives you value for your money.

Firstly, location of the hotel is very good. Levante beach is literally round the corner. Down the road and look left and the beautiful beach and promenade are in front of you. Although the hotel is at the end of the Levante Beach, it makes a good starting point for exploration! There is a Burger King, Mcdonalds and Subway at the bottom of the road. These were great although only the subway stays open all hours. The other two close at around midnight. There is also a pharmacy at the bottom of the road and a whole lot of shops and small restaurants.

The hotel itself is about half way up what is commonly known as “Cardiac Hill”. The road is not particularly steep and only those with walking difficulties will find it difficult but honestly, there is nothing for anyone to worry about. There is another hotel at the very top of the “hill” and we say many people pulling their suitcases to the very top to their hotel. As others have said, there is a pub a little way up for those who need the break!

The hotel looks quite modern and well kept as you approach the main entrance. There is a small garden to the left and the swimming pool to the right. Both sides were always clean and well inviting. The hotel pool has a friendly atmosphere around it and there is a bar behind it in the hotel with a seating area and flatscreen tv showing sport. There were plenty sunbeds and no shortage whilst we were there. We are beach lovers however so always went out to hit the beach.

Checking in was easy and we were in our room in minutes. The man behind reception greeted us with a smile, gave us some good information regarding the hotel and half board package, keycard to the room and safety deposit key. He asked if we needed help with our luggage but we were travelling light

Our room was basic and clean – see the pictures. We knew what to expect but it still surprises you a little when walking in. The walls are orange, the doors to the cupboards are orange, the floor is grey tiling, it looks like a room from the sixties! But, it is clean and the beds were comfortable. The beds were twin beds separated by a small unit fixed to the wall. We moved the beds together thereby making the room seem larger – the cleaning ladies didn’t seem to mind as they left the beds as they were for the duration of our stay. They cleaned the room daily, around 3pm, and provided fresh towels and loo roll each day. There was plenty of cupboard space for us for a few days stay and there is a very heavy metal looking safe in the cupboard. You will not be able to store a laptop in it – it was barely large enough to hold our passports, mobiles and a few small bits and bobs. The lock to the door to the balcony was not working upon arrival but a phone call got it sorted in a jiffy. There was only one spare power point in the room and it wasn’t working! Rather than report that as well, we just pulled out the tv and used that power point instead. We didn’t watch the tv at all. You get a good sized balcony – its definitely worth asking for a pool view as this also faces the sea. Although its to a side, you get great views of the sunrise and at night, the lovely lit promenade. Also, you can leave your room key and safe key with reception whenever you go out of the hotel.

The bathroom was a surprise – although small, perfectly usable and functional. There is a good hairdryer hanging on the wall to boot. You get a full bath and shower which is always a bonus. Look out for the all in one handwash/shower gel and shampoo. Its industrial strength! You will know what I mean when you try it! The main public areas such as reception, bar area have been refurbished and if the rooms also get a refurb, then this will definitely be a good hotel.

I didn’t think much of the restaurant. I found it too basic and didn’t find there was much choice at all. This is just me being too fussy. I can’t really complain at the price we paid but I would definitely be disappointed had we paid more. The room was quite small and cramped with many tables squeezed in, the food didn’t look appetising to me and there just wasn’t any choice. The juices were really bad – I wasn’t expecting fresh juice but the ones coming out of the machines they had were particularly sour. Needless to say, we only ate breakfast once and didn’t bother eating at all in the restaurant in the evenings. We did however discover some nice restaurants!

As far as breakfast was concerned, my favourite place was the wetherspoon where we had really good breakfasts with cider! There are many places on the promenade to get food – just walk into whatever takes your fancy!

Levante Beach is lovely, soft brown sand. Its very clean and there are no stones or other debris. There were many jellyfish in the water when we were there. We saw many people pulling them out of the sea with their spades! Be careful!

We loved the Benidorm nightlife too. We went to the beachfront bars and also the main square. We even saw some of the cabaret shows – its very similar to the tv series – Benidorm. We loved it! Our favourite club was Beachcomber. This was our first trip to Benidorm and certainly wont be our last. I can’t believe we never visited before. Its cheap, has a great beach, a mad choice of hotels and restaurants/bars and is only two and a half hours away.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view to see the sea!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amospring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

stayed at the mont park 7th-11th may with a friend and we really enjoyed our stay , rooms bright and clean good shower with plenty of hot water and nice fresh towels room cleaned daily the pool area was good with plenty of loungers and tables and chairs dining room was clean and we thought the food was exellent plenty of meat ,salads pasta dishs and lots of deserts and fresh fruit to choose from 4 euros for a bottle of wine to have with your meal and 2 euros for a large bottle of water , the bar was good with a friendly spanish bar man 1.20 euros for a pint of san-miguel which we thought was good spirtis was cheap enough too , location was on a slight incline no way was it on a cardiac hill it wasnt a problem at all , very close to the beach and a short walk to the benidorm night life , i would recomend this hotel to other people we stayed in room 204 and had a lovely veiw of the beach .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank mbjensen
scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

After having read all the reviews about the MONT PARK I was looking forward to going there,I had known before that the hotel was on a hill but not named CARDIAC HILL (see photo)The bus dropped me off at the bottom this was not good,the man at reception was just interested about what he was doing at his computer and after having checked my accommodation receipt and pasport took him all of 10 seconds put up key 216 saying lift round corner I asked for a high floor he said NO single rooms above 2nd floor,did not even give me leaflet about what times meals were or where restraunt was,oh and by the way during my stay I NEVER saw a menu board to let you know what was available,getting into my room which was big enough BUT no balcony,the toilet well there was so little space between the loo and the washhand basin I found it easier to sit and have a pee (see photo) and i'm MALE,on SUNDAY morning as I was having a pee well the loo erupted and I was given a good spraying of water right up my !!!!!!!!! and no it was'nt the didet there was none in the room reported to reception but when the man came up to see it did'nt do it ,Breakfast tables you had to get your own utensils,I was not greatly impressed with the food not enough selections at lunch or evening meal,sometimes I ate out and I was there FULL BOARD,and full of noisey Spanish and French,restraunt waitressess very noise with trollies and the girl who restacked the plates just banged them in,the man in charge of restraunt if you did'nt speak spanish he did not talk to you,later in my holiday I discovered a little hotel down and round the corner and was going to just leave MONT PARK and book in there for the last 10 days, if you dont believe me go and find out AND ASK FOR ROOM 216, SO I SAY AGAIN I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jock1942

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I have just been reading through the reviews left since we travelled last year and am very surprised by some of them !!
I think that for the price you pay for this hotel it cannot be beaten, we have stayed in many different hotels in benidorm and this is the only one we have decided to return to.
The food is great, I am quite picky but always found something to eat.
Pool area was lovely and very peaceful we never had an issue with getting a sunbed. The rooms, yes they are basic but very clean and perfectly adequate for the amount of time we intended to spend in them.
And I must say we never had any issues with any of the staff.
At the end of the day if you want 4 or 5 star treatment then go to a 4 or 5 star hotel but if you want clean and comfortable accommodation then this will suit you perfectly

Room Tip: Great food at Regents bar at the bottom of the hil
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Monicaboo
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

A friend and I went to Benidorm for the first time and therefore had no knowledge of the areas or hotels etc. We struck gold here- we paid £122 for flights and half board. We read the reviews and thought we would be struggling with our cases up cardiac hill- not at all- its at the lower end of the hill and easy to get to.
The room was tangerine orange which we thought highly amusing- we got a sea view room with a fairly decent sized balcony. The linen was clean and the beds comfortable. I removed the sheets on our last day and the mattresses were spotless. The bathroom looked fairly newish and clean. Absolutely no complaints about the room. We were in room 203. A safety deposit box which we didnt use and a cleaner who knocked everyday to clean our room for us.
Reception were present and allowed us to put our cases in their holding room when we checked out. I cant say they were unfriendly but not friendly either! But then again when everything is ok what need do you have to speak to reception very much?
The restaurant was very clean and fairly busy. I would recommend going down to dinner when they begin otherwise you will have to stand on the steps for 10 minutes or so to wait for a free table. We were asked to pay for our water whenever we ate there which I thought should have been included in our meal. The food choices were several- I can recall seeing a different soup everyday, veal, chicken, pasta, escalopes, chips, fish, rice, red sausages, and lots of fruits, mousse type desserts, rice pudding, jelly. Its more spanish style of cooking but of a good standard. the serving bowls dont appear to be very large so they are changing them regularly and so large amounts of food are not sitting out for long periods- I liked this.
When we arrived there was some live entertainment in the hotel downstairs and the pool area looked clean. We did not use them- having been more interested in getting out and exploring the place.

We didnt intend to eat at the hotel all the time- just a way of reducing costs. There are a variety of bars and restaurants. The beach is clean and beautiful. This is a lovely area and hotel for locals, brits, older folk, families and nope we weren't bothered by stag parties or noisy people.

No Wifi.

Keep up the good work Mont Park!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ctd3exw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

we stayed in the mont park 8th may to the 15th. brilliant hotel close to the seafront and pubs,clubs and great entertainment. rooms are basic but cleaned everyda.y the walls are thin,so you could hear people in the next room the hotel has a lot of spanish holiday makers but the are pleasant. .the hotel is clean and staff are pleasant, especially the restarant and bar staff. food was very good,we were full board ,my husband is very fussy and he said the food was good,we always found something nice to eat and the rice pudding is really nice .pool was cold but clean and you didnt have to fight for a sunbed might have to in high season. there were pubs near us but we went in to the square every night to watch the acts. there are 3 micheal buble tributes but we do recommend the micheal buble tribute in steptoes 2 (jamie summers) FANTASTIC.if you go to the mont park its up a hill but i didnt find it to hard and i have a bad hip just walked slowly. if you have the transfer it drops you off at burger king at the bottom of the hill so getting up with the suitcases was difficult but my husband is farely strong lol.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bo'ness Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Just back from the Mont Park in Benidorm.This is the fourth time I have been there
It is situated at the corner of Beni, just 40 yards form Burger King ie about 100 yards from the Levante beach.This is a basic no frills hotel which is visited by about 80% Spanish 20% Brits.
It has recently been renovated, nothing fancy but the food is really good and the price is about the cheapest in town, Going back in June for 10 days, what more can I say?

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple