“Basic!”
Review of Milord's Suites

Milord's Suites
Ranked #92 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Me and my partner booked a sea view room but when we got there we were put in a 1st floor basic apartment.... the room was pitch black and our view was someone else's window, when we complained and asked for a sea view apartment (we were willing to pay extra, even though we had already paid!) we were put in to another basic apartment on the 3rd floor which was brighter but still facing someone else's window. The sun couldn't even get in to the room at all.... it was constantly like night time!!!
There was an empty sea view room after 2 days of us staying there but reception insisted there was someone staying there....

Reception staff were ok... one woman in particular came across quite rude when we were speaking to her and she answered the phone and ignored us.

Hotel wanted 50 euros for keys and remote when we arrived (deposit) which was fine - then when we took the remote and went up to bed, a member of reception staff knocked us up to ask for another 20 euro at about 2 o'clock in the morning????? 70 euro for keys and a remote???? deposit or no deposit that is steep!

We also needed to use the phone to confirm our shuttle... the manager wanted 25 cent a minute. Room was only cleaned once while we were there - only got clean towels once. We stayed for 7 nights!.... hotel owner came across tight!!!!

Good location if you want to be in the old town most of the time. The walk to the new town is about 1 and half mile.

Make sure you get a sea view room if you book one and if you don't want to feel like your in a dark cave constantly!!!

Pool is not how you see in the pictures, not very clean and not very well maintained. Pool is on the roof, about the size of a large paddling pool (pictures are misleading!) and only room for 2 sun lounges.. defo not child friendly! I understand it is only a 3* hotel... but service, reception staff, room and how tight the management is... was very poor!!! However, can't fault the cleanliness of the room.

Wouldn't stay here again.... very basic!

spa? what spa?
gym? 2 treadmills in a box room!...

Room Tip: make sure you get a sea view room if you book one!! all other standard rooms are dark all of the ti...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roisin f

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Milords on b+b basis. We paid extra for front facing apt with balcony. One bedroom apartment was clean and view was of beach at dove park.
Full kitchen but strangely no kettle or pots/pans, you do get the usual plates, cups and cutlery.
I think you can rent kettle etc but we just bought a small pan for boiling water for tea/coffee as we ate out everyday apart from breakfast at Milords.
Excellent location for the old town and 2 minutes from tapas alley.
Reception and cafe/bar staff all nice and friendly and helpful.
Room was cleaned everyday and towels changed also.
I would only go back if I paid for and could be guaranteed a front facing apt with balcony as internal rooms face internal courtyard where your windows look into neighbours apt and vice versa, so you would need to close blinds/windows for some privacy as they are quite close.
There is a roof terrace for sunbathing.

Room Tip: Front facing room with balcony is a must
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melmer07
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and could not fault them at all. Modern well equiped apartment located right on the sea front opposite dove park in the Old Town. Only thing I would suggest is make sure you go for the sea view and make sure you visit Cafe Klee for very funny drag acts in the evening

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed at Milords suites for the third time. Paid 450 Euros for nine nights for two of us which was an incredibly generous offer for a seaview apartment with a balcony.

Milords has a fantastic location across the whole of the old port, the Poniente beach and the old town. Staff, as ever, are very friendly and welcoming and for the prices they charge and the fantastic central location this cannot be beaten.

Milords is in the Old Town - not the package filled location of Levante with all the Brit bars. This is a very Spanish part of town full of lovely little restaurants and bars. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Graeme J
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I and my girlfriend stayed here from the 16th - 23rd of October for our second visit to Benidorm. We chose the hotel based on reviews we had read and its superb location, minutes walk from tapas alley and overlooking the beach.

When we booked we requested a room with a balcony however on arrival we were allocated a room without a balcony that's bedroom wall backed onto the lift. The windows all looked onto tiny courtyards that let in very little light which didn't matter anyway as you could not have opened the windows or even the curtains as they looked into apartments on the other side of the courtyards, a mere 5 or 6 feet away. This meant we had to have the lights on all the time and the windows covered, not what you hope for when picking a hotel right on the beach.

We did request a room change the following morning and were met with a shrug and an irritated member of staff who was not to pleased at being interrupted whilst on what appeared to be a personal call.

That aside though the rooms were large, clean and modern and all of the other staff were very friendly and polite. Unfortunately though the air conditioning did not seem up to task during October so I dread to think how it would cope in the height of summer.

The hotel has a nice sun terrace and a small pool on the roof which were both quiet during our visit most likely because most of the guests were far to busy slamming doors all day and all night. Not conducive to a good nights sleep or in fact a well needed siesta in the afternoon.

We still enjoyed our stay thanks to some lovely weather and much wine and tapas however we would not stay at Milords again, unless we could be guaranteed a room with a balcony.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bonjaxter
Reviewed September 20, 2011

clean,safe and friendly.must request sea view or just dont go.lovely location right on sea front in old town

Room Tip: sea view a must
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank baltymore
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had booked these apartments for 3 nights on a relaxing girly weekend in November 2010. I had a list of requirements and the apartments seemed to tick the boxes as had everthing we needed in the location we wanted. Unfortunately my friend took ill the day before we were due to fly and my hubby couldn't get the time off work to come with me, so it was 'should I cancel, or go anyway?' I decided the latter and bravely went to Benidorm alone, armed with a few good books and an open mind.

When arriving at the apartments, I was told that the sea view room I had booked months in advance, would not be available until the next day, as the previous occupant had taken ill and could not be moved and there were no other sea view rooms available. As I'm an understanding person, I was fine with being put in another room until the next day, I just didn't unpack and moved the next day. They kindly reimbursed me the difference in the price I had paid to upgrade and all was well, or so I thought....

Once entering the 'none sea view' room I immediately was filled with dread. There was one pokey window overlooking the opposite rooms in a courtyard and the apartment seemed very dark and claustraphobic. For a lady alone, I felt really uncomfortable in this room and stayed out for most of the evening, browsing shops just so I didn't have to go back to this depressing room! I couldn't wait to be transferred the next day and didn't sleep well that night.

I was so relieved the nest day to enter the sea view room with its bedroom with balcony and patio doors I could open and let some light in and sit outside - phew!. I couldn't fault the size of this apartment and the equipment. Luckily I'd taken a travel kettle, as I'd read on here that there wasn't a kettle, so I was able to make tea and coffee, so that was fine. The bathrooms were modern and clean. The only down side was the noise from the bedroom at night, it wasn't as quiet as the claustrophobic standard room, but to be honest I was just so relieved to have some air and a nice view, I stuck my ear plugs in and accepted it was on a noisy street.

I'd booked bed and breakfast and wish I hadn't paid for the breakfast as it was warm crusty bread and a pot of jam and a cup of strong coffee you could stand your spoon in and wasn't worth the money paid. I decided to decline breakfast for the remainder of the holiday and found a lovely cafe on the sea front to the right about 2 min walk away, I think its was Welsh? I had a full english breakfast with a nice cup of tea for 3 Euros which was wonderful, so I went here each morning and felt comfortable alone, eating breakfast watching the ocean. I have to say the cake shop underneath the apartments (where I had breakfast initially) was wonderful for pastries and cakes, so do induldge in those, as this is worth going in for elevenses or afternoon tea.

If you are self catering in the apartments, then there is a Mercadonna around the corner from the apartments down a side street to the right which has everything you need there. For restaurants at night, I would recommend Michaels in the Old Town, which was lovely.

Overall my experience of the Milord Suites was pleasant and due to its location and facilities, I would return again with friends or hubby, but ONLY if I booked a Sea View room and on a room only basis.

It's also a handy location if you book the shuttle direct bus from Alicante airport, as it drops off on the road infront of the apartments and picks up there, so ideal and no lugging cases very far, which was great for me.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo