“brilliant location”

Ranked #89 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
manchester
“brilliant location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and could not fault them at all. Modern well equiped apartment located right on the sea front opposite dove park in the Old Town. Only thing I would suggest is make sure you go for the sea view and make sure you visit Cafe Klee for very funny drag acts in the evening

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed at Milords suites for the third time. Paid 450 Euros for nine nights for two of us which was an incredibly generous offer for a seaview apartment with a balcony.

Milords has a fantastic location across the whole of the old port, the Poniente beach and the old town. Staff, as ever, are very friendly and welcoming and for the prices they charge and the fantastic central location this cannot be beaten.

Milords is in the Old Town - not the package filled location of Levante with all the Brit bars. This is a very Spanish part of town full of lovely little restaurants and bars. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Graeme J
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I and my girlfriend stayed here from the 16th - 23rd of October for our second visit to Benidorm. We chose the hotel based on reviews we had read and its superb location, minutes walk from tapas alley and overlooking the beach.

When we booked we requested a room with a balcony however on arrival we were allocated a room without a balcony that's bedroom wall backed onto the lift. The windows all looked onto tiny courtyards that let in very little light which didn't matter anyway as you could not have opened the windows or even the curtains as they looked into apartments on the other side of the courtyards, a mere 5 or 6 feet away. This meant we had to have the lights on all the time and the windows covered, not what you hope for when picking a hotel right on the beach.

We did request a room change the following morning and were met with a shrug and an irritated member of staff who was not to pleased at being interrupted whilst on what appeared to be a personal call.

That aside though the rooms were large, clean and modern and all of the other staff were very friendly and polite. Unfortunately though the air conditioning did not seem up to task during October so I dread to think how it would cope in the height of summer.

The hotel has a nice sun terrace and a small pool on the roof which were both quiet during our visit most likely because most of the guests were far to busy slamming doors all day and all night. Not conducive to a good nights sleep or in fact a well needed siesta in the afternoon.

We still enjoyed our stay thanks to some lovely weather and much wine and tapas however we would not stay at Milords again, unless we could be guaranteed a room with a balcony.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bonjaxter
tyne and wear
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

clean,safe and friendly.must request sea view or just dont go.lovely location right on sea front in old town

Room Tip: sea view a must
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank baltymore
Chorley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had booked these apartments for 3 nights on a relaxing girly weekend in November 2010. I had a list of requirements and the apartments seemed to tick the boxes as had everthing we needed in the location we wanted. Unfortunately my friend took ill the day before we were due to fly and my hubby couldn't get the time off work to come with me, so it was 'should I cancel, or go anyway?' I decided the latter and bravely went to Benidorm alone, armed with a few good books and an open mind.

When arriving at the apartments, I was told that the sea view room I had booked months in advance, would not be available until the next day, as the previous occupant had taken ill and could not be moved and there were no other sea view rooms available. As I'm an understanding person, I was fine with being put in another room until the next day, I just didn't unpack and moved the next day. They kindly reimbursed me the difference in the price I had paid to upgrade and all was well, or so I thought....

Once entering the 'none sea view' room I immediately was filled with dread. There was one pokey window overlooking the opposite rooms in a courtyard and the apartment seemed very dark and claustraphobic. For a lady alone, I felt really uncomfortable in this room and stayed out for most of the evening, browsing shops just so I didn't have to go back to this depressing room! I couldn't wait to be transferred the next day and didn't sleep well that night.

I was so relieved the nest day to enter the sea view room with its bedroom with balcony and patio doors I could open and let some light in and sit outside - phew!. I couldn't fault the size of this apartment and the equipment. Luckily I'd taken a travel kettle, as I'd read on here that there wasn't a kettle, so I was able to make tea and coffee, so that was fine. The bathrooms were modern and clean. The only down side was the noise from the bedroom at night, it wasn't as quiet as the claustrophobic standard room, but to be honest I was just so relieved to have some air and a nice view, I stuck my ear plugs in and accepted it was on a noisy street.

I'd booked bed and breakfast and wish I hadn't paid for the breakfast as it was warm crusty bread and a pot of jam and a cup of strong coffee you could stand your spoon in and wasn't worth the money paid. I decided to decline breakfast for the remainder of the holiday and found a lovely cafe on the sea front to the right about 2 min walk away, I think its was Welsh? I had a full english breakfast with a nice cup of tea for 3 Euros which was wonderful, so I went here each morning and felt comfortable alone, eating breakfast watching the ocean. I have to say the cake shop underneath the apartments (where I had breakfast initially) was wonderful for pastries and cakes, so do induldge in those, as this is worth going in for elevenses or afternoon tea.

If you are self catering in the apartments, then there is a Mercadonna around the corner from the apartments down a side street to the right which has everything you need there. For restaurants at night, I would recommend Michaels in the Old Town, which was lovely.

Overall my experience of the Milord Suites was pleasant and due to its location and facilities, I would return again with friends or hubby, but ONLY if I booked a Sea View room and on a room only basis.

It's also a handy location if you book the shuttle direct bus from Alicante airport, as it drops off on the road infront of the apartments and picks up there, so ideal and no lugging cases very far, which was great for me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Jayne C
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here in August 2011 as a family. Apartments were very clean and in a great location however the air conditioning was appalling!!! It was practically non exsistent!A tip to take your own kettle from home if you want a hot drink as they charge 2 euros a day to hire one which seems a bit rediculous when you are self catering??? We were allocated a first floor apartment and the noise from the other guests was shocking! These guests were mainly spanish families with young children coming in at 1,2 and 3 in the morning making as much noise as they could, slamming doors and then proceding to rearrange their furniture in their rooms by dragging the chairs etc across the floor with no consideratioin for peoplke who were trying to sleep! I would never stay there again as non of us slept properly for the whole week we were there! I have never been so glad to come home from a holiday. It is a shame because overall the apartments were not too bad (apart from the air con!)

Room Tip: ask for a high floor at the back of the hotel! its probably quieter!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed here in April for 4 nights after moving ourselves out of Magic Crystal Park hotel. This is a really nice, welcoming and quiet hotel. Reception staff very good, cafe staff good except for one girl. The suite apartment was nice so to were the little pool, the roof terrace and the downstair terrace accessed at reception area. Breakfast was good value. Good location to sit outside at cafe and watch the world go by. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is in a great location just next to the beach and marina.

Room Tip: Front room for balcony, back room for quiet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple