“good location. spanish orientated”
Review of Voramar Hotel

Voramar Hotel
Ranked #115 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
“good location. spanish orientated”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

stayed here july 28th to 2nd august. this hotel is spanish orientated but its not that bad. the place was clean and the maid is lovely. very helpful. food was my worst nightmare i wanted to cry. i have a gluten wheat intolerance so all could have was salad which was basic. pool is small but decent. best advice get up there early. its close to beach and new town is 5mins walking distance for the clubs./restaurants really good there. new town is better for food n nightlife. ps walls are extremely thin. all in all not too bad if your going out

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

the hotel is in a great location and is just yards away from the beach but found the hotel mainly catered on the Spanish tourist with all signs in Spanish the all inclusive food was made for the Spanish palate .The hotel itself could be doing with a wee refurb with a lick of paint and some new carpets the rooms themselves were ok clean enough but unfortunately no views with my room looking onto a bricked up carpark it did have air-con which was needed as it was very warm when we were there .Staff were ok but there was 1 who constantly moaned about people drinking to much or ordering to many toasties even suggesting 1 of woman should cut back because she was already to fat which didn't go down to well .
If you get a great deal then hotel is ok but would avoid otherwise

Room Tip: they put family's and couples on the second floor and groups of boys or girls on the 5th floor w...
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stay in this hotel from 23th July to 28th July pay £450 for two people.
This is the worst hotel I stayed in.

The food was horrible the best meal was dinner.
Night meal started at 8 and you had to get it quick as the Spanish where rude and push you out the way as you where trying together your food.
The was a old mad waiter who walked around with his zip down and would come over and take you plate as you where eating of it. He take you cup full and and clear the table up as you where eating and take the table cloth away.
The staff would ignore you if you ask for anything.

They would not let you take a bottle of water they make you show them in your bag as you where leave in to make sure you not tuck anything.

One dinner time a plant fell on me and a Spanish lady and they where more interested that the Spanish lady was not hurt.
I went and complained and they said don't worry it's clean now tuck me and showed me how clean it was. I then spent 3 days back and forward to the desk waiting fort the manger they say come back at 1pm we go they say come back at 5 we go and they say 8pm we go and they say come back at 11 tomorrow this went on for 3 days and we left not seeing the manger.

I lived on toastie this was the best food you could get. You could not get drunk on the alcohol. You could only have two drinks at a time even if the was more than two in your group the bar man would follow you with your drinks and check where you when with them.

The staff when you had a problem use to say we don't speak english.
The place is dark and dirt .

The food and everything was geared up to the Spanish from the food to the eating times.
Drinks where in plastic cups and paper cups for the English
Where the Spanish had mugs and glass cups

The pool is on the roof the is only 4 umbrella the is a fight for sun beds in the morning and then in the afternoon the Spanish come and take over if your in the pool they move you towel off your bed and sit on it. The pool is deep and its salt water all young lads and men bome in the pool and near and they don't care about your kids in their.

The also no thing for the kids just a pool the a disco with just music playing in a room with no bar in it so that's next door.

This is not a all inc hotel.

It's is in a good local for the beach and the old town but that's it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

cheshire
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in July. The hotel is about 50 meters from the beach. The hotel was cleaned from top to bottom each day, our room was clean every day between 12 and 4 plus new towels too. The room we had was at the back so the view we had was of a white wall and a pool next door but that did not bother us as you could not here the night life (quite night sleep). The pool opens about 10am & there is a bar next to it but it did close from time to time but you can alway go down stairs and bring one up. They is a rule of one drink pre person but I only ever saw that when the hotel manger was at the bar witch was once.

The hotel is for the Spanish people so 99% of the signs are in Spanish, we found that all then staff do speak English with some only just understanding us, the food was fresh each day with serving salad, different oils, bread (made before each meal), different meats and deserts. There is a bar in the dinning room but you can not leave with any drinks. The only thing I can pick up on is the food is not hot witch we found out its because the Spanish don't like there food like that plus it a buffet style.

The room was basic with 4 walls, 2 beds, bathroom and free tv(all in spanish) and aircon which was a plus as is was hitting 40 degrees. For those who like their sports they is a bar called vincents across from the hotel. If you come out the hotel and turn right it's about 25 steps to the bar witch will play all sports because is has English sky tv.

Over all, the hotel was clean and very friendly and, we were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: The out side of the hotel has blacans but your facing other hotels or a run down one, the rooms on t...
2 Thank bunglebeast
Aramadale Scotland
Reviewed August 4, 2013

my wife and I spent ten days in this hotel and won't be back near it,after paying all inclusive we had one meal in it.after our first night we went down for breakfast sat down to boiled eggs n toast but the egg was BLACK inside and the rest ef the meals were terrible,staff were ok apart from cleaners just walking into your room,most of the people in the hotel were Spanish and made it clear you weren't wanted,Benirdorm was a fantasic holiday but not this hotel...never again

1 Thank Malcolm J
coatbridge
Reviewed August 3, 2013

First off i cant fault the hotel for cleanliness,rooms cleaned daily fresh towels ect room decent size with balcony for 3 ppl we were in room 101,the air con was a bonus as it was 39 degrees most days,the staff where friendly and polite and no hanging about waiting on a table in the dinning area,

The food was fresh but not to my taste we really only ate the breakfast,it was mostly pork of some kind and chicken on 2 occasions and a fish dish like monk fish,dogfish after about 4 days i was sick of he sight of chips then i was having crusty bread with cheese and onion i am really a fussy eater and had read the reviews regarding the food but still went AI for the 9 nights and there will be something to eat for everyone if that fails the snacks where lovely we had toasties most days we still benefited from AI for the soft drinks and water as it was really hot and where constantly drinking,coffee was lovely to the fancey fresh stuff like cappichino expresso ect,

The pool area was lovely small pool but was fine and a terrace round the corner if you wanted out the road and just to relax the views where lovely,there where groups of fells who where all great really pleasant,so was everyone really friendly,

I would go back to this hotel the only thing is if they had more variety at lunch and dinner it would be excellent,comfy beds clean rooms and great location 1 min from beach 7 euros in a taxi to the main square for all night discos and entertainment all in all had a great time with my 16 year old daughter and 18 year old cousin needed a holiday when i got home lol.

Room Tip: room 101 has a balcony with a great view mibby not so good if your a light sleeper but dident bother...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Worcestershire
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am amazed at the really mixed reviews for this hotel. I usually holiday 3 times a year, an early and a late holiday where we tend to go to a resort in Turkey or Egypt that is usually 5 * and are always fab. We then like to get away in July or August for a break and try and book this as cheap as we can. I booked this hotel and got a really good deal - about £750 for both of us, all inclusive for 7 nights from the 22nd to the 29th July. I wasn't put off by the reviews as location and cleanliness were the most important things to us.

I do though think its really important and fair to the hotel to write this review.

I was right, the whole of the hotel is really clean and in a great location, seconds from the beach, shops and bars. It is an older hotel and yes all of the staff and most of the guests were spanish, but for heavens sake we were in Spain! I cant believe that people have said the staff and other guests are rude, no, they didn't speak great english but always smiled back at you and were very helpful. It is not true that you can only have one drink at a time, we always got two and never had a problem. What do people expect? I want a good friendly service from the staff which I got, but don't need to become best frinds with them!
Rooms: I did email the hotel before we went as I had read that not all of the rooms have balconys, this was fine they gave us a room at the back of the hotel with a balcony, no view but nice and quiet, with a nice bathroom, fab shower and good air con. The maid came in every day. The area is so nice you shouldn't really spend much time in your room, we didn't.

Food: Fine, I am a bit fussy even in a 5* as I don't eat much meat or fish but there was plenty to keep us going, you can have a bottle of wine on your table lunchtime and evening and a large bottle of water. Snacks are available all day and evening, okay it's only toasties or hotdogs but you can ask for crisps, olives and nuts in the bar too. Only moan I think is the drinks in the bar, although very available are not too strong the gin and vodka is only 29%, I just got a little bottle from the shop next door and topped up!!
Pool: There is a nice area on the roof with a small pool, enough to cool off, a nice subathing area and a bar thats open for drinks and snacks from 12 to 7, This is a real suntrap and we did use it quite a bit but loved the beach opposite the hotel so tended to go there a lot.
Location: Brilliant, if you wanted to venture to the new part of Benidorm its an easy 20 min walk either through the shopping area (nice) of along the beach.
Overall, For a cheap week in the sun I would recommend this hotel and would return. I thinks its a little gem with lots of character, nice staff, very clean,with a fantastic location

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms hava a balcomy, contact the hotel before you arrive and ask for one. The roo...
6 Thank JulieWorcestershire