“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #6 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked the AI holiday quite last minute and chose this hotel on the strength of the reviews. We were very pleased with our choice overall. Firstly the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main strip, you can safely get into the old town without being harassed on route and if you choose to go into the bright lights then it feels both safe and short enough to walk back. The hotel is adult only and is true to its word in that they wont even allow families with children to have a drink in the outside lounge area, I have nothing against children but was very grateful of the peace and quiet without getting splashed in the pool or tripping over a child in the dining room.
The food itself was pleasant and plentiful, there was fresh fruit (not chopped up to go brown but with skins on), a choice of yoghurts, cereals, pastries, continental and full english for breakfasts, one day there were pancakes which went down a treat! Lunch and Dinner were on a similar vein, freshly cooked meat, veal, pork, chicken or fish usually. There was usually a paella option, pasta, a full fresh range of salad, breads and on some nights some fajita or kebab mix. Desserts were great too, there was a house cake every night (the one with the marshmallow creme topping is fab!) ice cream, some sort of egg custard and other little treats such as coconut macaroons.
The staff in the restaurant were fantastic, friendly and really went the extra mile (one girl who didnt wear a name badge was especially good) and the bar staff were brilliant too. You got your own drinks during the day and then at night you were waited on.
The rooms were clean and modern and usually the balcony caught the sun at some point in the day, the floors are covered in carpet too so the rooms stay fairly quiet at night.
Reception staff were great, helpful, attentive and with good english, again Racquel was especially helpful.
To finish just a couple of little niggles, both the lifts and the room doors required a card key. On a number of occasions the card key packed up working and needed to be reprogrammed, not sure why it happened but it was inconvenient more that anything else. Also on a slightly more serious note, after the room was cleaned the window had been left open. These windows would easily fit a body through and we closed them before we left the room in the morning. Rooms come with a safety deposit box and we were high up but i felt it was wrong for the cleaning staff to leave the room unsecured in this way (just a suggestion for future reference). Lastly in reference to a recent review, the internet worked on the 9th floor but it falls out and requires you to re-login every time you use it. If you select the tick box "Keep me signed in" and type into address bar "Login" then it should bring a Login Success page after you do it for the first time, then you just press login and so long as you are kept signed in you wont need to put the code in after the first time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JadeLois
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Good Morning Jade,

From a very warm sunny morning in Benidorm. Thank you for writing about our “Fantastic Hotel” RH Royal.

Great to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one with peace and quiet! Great to hear you enjoyed the food from breakfast to dinner.

I have shared your review with the whole team who were very pleased with your feedback it is very motivating for them Jade which I am sure you will understand and it makes everything they do worthwhile.

I have noted your comment on housekeeping and this has been addressed.

We all look forward to seeing you again in the very near future,

Hotel RH Royal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Anna I think your hotel is fantastic. Great food.great rooms very clean lovely pool etc.i have had a fantastic stay and i am still at the hotel on the 4th floor. Here with a friend who has been put on the 9th floor room 906.
The only issue with the hotel we have found is getting you to deal with a problem. My friend has had issues with his wifi access for the past 5 days on the 9th floor literally none. He has complained over and over again to your reception and has even asked to speak to you. In today's age when we need access to the Internet for business etc this service is not good enough .I read on the other reviews We should complain to you but we haven't seen you since you have been here. Maybe you will see this before we leave on Sunday and resolve the issue

• Stayed: July 2013
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Good Afternoon Kodiak1234,

Thank you for your review.

This has now been resolved. The issue wasn’t actually the WIFI with the laptop as the iPhone he has worked fine. I am sure he will explain everything to you,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked this hotel on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews. Well heres my review. Good points - hotel very clean,very friendly staff,carpeted floors in bedroom,tv with english channels
Bad points - very noisy,constant banging of doors which are extremely loud,wafer thin walls you can hear everything from next door,WIFI in bedroom poor,food average
We had very noisy neighnours (Spanish) who on the first day were building a bicycle on the balcony(I know I couldnt believe it either) clashing and banging all the time.
Would not stay there again

Room Tip: Wherever you are take ear plugs, you will need them
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boobar
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hello Boobar,

Firstly my thanks for taking time to review the Hotel RH Royal.

I can see that there were good points and bad points. What is a shame is if you had noisy neighbours, why you didn’t report this to us. We encourage guests that have any concerns to let us know so we can address them, I am just sorry you never mentioned anything. We could have solved this without you going home unhappy and saying you wouldn’t return.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

stop here for ten days 9/06/2013 my wife and myself, on arrival we were given a room on the 6th
floor we had reqested aroom on a lower floor as my wife hates hights the recepitionist was very
helpful we only had to wait till the next day he had moved us to the 1st floor by 10 o clock

rooms have carpet never once seen a hoover and the bathroom and balcony never moped.
Towels not change every day they just fold them again. The bar staff or should I say lack of
you can wait 10 to 20 minuets to get served unless you are spanish and if you are spanish
even if they are staying or not staying at the hotel they always get nuts and crisps with their drink
not once in 10 days did we get the same service.
Breakfast very good best orange juice I have had in any hotel . The evening meals starting with the
soup all tasted exactly the same only the labels different.main meals not bad if you like veal and
pork, sweets mainly the same every night, beware of the apple crumble as you need a hammer and chisel and very stronge teeth, the hotel can not have happy hour and entertainment on the same night
better with the happy hour as the entertainment was very poor. At 11.45pm the bar staff take the
cushions off the outside chairs and close the bar at 12pm. The pool area is very nice

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jak46 from Bolton!,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Royal.

I can see from your review that you had likes and dislikes, but I am pleased our Hotel has performed better in your eyes than other hotels in your previous reviews.

All your comments have been reviewed with each head of department and we thank you for your feedback

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Spain but have never previously been to Benidorm. Trying to book a hotel there is not so easy, purely because there are such a huge number from which to choose. Finally after too much clicking all over the web I gave up and the choice was made for me when I got a package deal with British Airways to the RH Royal.

From what I have seen of Benidorm this hotel is in the ideal part of town, in a bustling area with a bit of a buzz going on but at a nice safe distance (10 minute walk) from the truly insane nightlife. My impression is much the same as earlier reviewers in that this is a lovely clean modern hotel with a relaxed feeling about it. The staff are very pleasant and helpful although one or two of them did seem a little bit on edge about something, as though we had somehow annoyed them but they were not going to say anything.

Not much to say about the rooms beyond clean and tidy. The beds are not fantastic but perfectly adequate for a short stay and there are plenty of facilities such as hairdryer and small clothes-drying thing on the balcony. TV gets plenty of English-language channels if you like that sort of thing.There is no in-room tea/coffee although there is a card saying you can somehow get hot drinks sent up or something but we never quite figured it out. When we checked in the guy seemed pleased about offering us a free safe deposit box which weren't really bothered about but I have heard it is a must-have for some people.

General areas such as lobby and pool are up to a good standard. There is a gym which is actually worthy of its name and I was impressed that it even has a squat rack. There is free wi-fi (although with an irritating need to keep re-logging in all the time) which seems to work fine in most areas apart from the restaurant.

Various bits of entertainment are on offer from the cheerful "animacion" guy although at night this mostly means Spanish people dancing to traditional boleros or "Tengo la camisa negra" style pop music which you will either find fun or not depending on taste! Personally I think it is a mark of quality when hotels attract locals and not just international tourists.

Negative points: the lifts are a bit clunky and the food is definitely "average". Great place otherwise though and I would stay again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ultrak3wl
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Good Evening Ultrak3wl,

From a warm 34 degree evening in Benidorm! My thanks for taking time to share your thoughts of the Hotel RH Royal, very kind of you.

I am very pleased that on your first visit to Benidorm, you chose to stay with us and obviously enjoyed your stay too.

Just to explain if you request at reception Tea & coffee facilities are sent to your room. Sorry if this was not clear with the sign in your room.

If you decide to pay a visit to Benidorm, we will be very happy to welcome you back,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself and my husband gave just returned from the most fantastic 10 night holiday, staying in The Royal. The hotel was everything we could have asked for. We were all inclusive, and ate in the hotel every day, there was always a likely fresh salad bar, and plenty hot meals to choose from. All of the staff were pleasant, and although they were busy they were always helpful. The hotel is very secure and you need your room key to be able to aces the lifts, and although we would always get a safety deposit box, really didn't feel we needed to do this. Hotel is perfectly located, five minute walk to the old town and about ten minutes from the main strip. The jacuzzi round the pool was a welcome treat, I'm not one for swimming, but would love a relax in the jacuzzi when it got too hot. Thanks to all of the staff, we had the most relaxing break and we will definitely be returning in the not to distant future.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Lathaen,

All the team at the Hotel RH Royal sends sincere thanks for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor after your “Perfect holiday”.

It’s such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us from the location of the hotel to the food, room and general facilities we offer.

Great news that you will be returning again soon, it was our pleasure having you stay,
See you soon,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned today from a weeks stay at RH Royal in Benidorm. I have stayed many times in various hotels in Benidorm but this was the best by far. Lovely clean rooms,the maid was so very nice and pleasant,the restaurant was great but my favourite place was the pool...no rushing out with towels to bag a bed that you won't use til 2 in the afternoon here! A nice bar with reasonable prices. Everything was just great and I look forward to staying at The Royal again in the near future. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Karen D

Hello Karen,

What a great start to the week you have given mw with your review of the Hotel RH Royal after your recent holiday with us, “absolutely marvellous”!!

I am very proud your opinion is that our hotel is by far the best in Benidorm, especially if you have travelled here so many times.

Sounds like the Hotel was just what you were looking far. I will pass your kind thanks onto all the team.

We look forward to your return to the Hotel very soon,