“Surprised just how much we enjoyed Benidorm but especially HR Royal”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #6 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute, literally ~ 5pm Saturday night & flew early Sunday morning.
I have to be truthful, this was our first visit to Benidorm and I had some reservations, but I am glad to report we had a fab holiday.
The Hotel Royal was lovely, it is in the perfect location for the Old Town / the harbour / beaches.
We spent most of our days walking the promenades & stopping to watch the aerobics along various stretches of the 2 main beaches, there are a lot of fit, energetic, very elderly people out there put me to shame, got tired just watching them. Also on a weekend singers congregated , again mostly the older spanish residents but lovely to watch . One thing we weren't too impressed with was the "tourist bus" bit like going through the centre of Manchester in parts, but we did laugh about it, once our bones had recovered from the good rattling they got.

Getting back to the hotel royal ~ we were on the 8th floor, which gave you a bit of a tickley tum when you looked down but we had a view of the pool and the jaccuzzi which was being installed that week.
The room was large enough, plenty of wardrobe space, a mini fridge and 2 complimentary bottles of water (usually you drink it to find out it just cost you 4 euros).
Only a minor moan was the lifts, if you don't like them or enclosed spaces, you'll be getting fit during your stay climbing the 8 floors of stairs. Two lifts and each fits 4 people, which surprised me for such a large hotel.

We stayed half board and the food was delicious , loads of choices, buffet style, the dining room never felt crowded and you never felt rushed. We thoroughly enjoyed every night dining at the hotel & every morning for breakfast. The breakfast was great. We had more than enough food & choices.

There were a lot of Spanish customers in the hotel which I think is always a good sign.

The staff were friendly and helpful. On our home day we were being picked up at 8am (sods law - the time the dining room opened for breakfast), we got down to the lobby early to wait and the lady on reception offered to have the dining room opened early for us to have some food before we left. Just another example of the excellent service delivered by this hotel.

Would I go back to Benidorm & this hotel , Yes and most certainly Yes...... enjoyed it all.

2  Thank CatR0n
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Good Morning CatRon,

What a great start to the week with your review of the Hotel RH Royal, thank you very much.

It appears that you enjoyed your holiday with us from start to finish, great location, food, service and friendly staff. Sounds great doesn’t it!

I had to laugh at your comment on the rattling bones!! LOL

Next time Benidorm is on your agenda, we are waiting to welcome you back,

There are newer reviews for Hotel RH Royal

Reviewed May 30, 2013

What a lovely Hotel, we had the best nights sleep of any hotel we have stayed in, in Benidorm.
The Service was first class and the food was excellent. This is an Adults only hotel, so no noisy kids and is just a couple of minutes walk to the old town and a couple of minutes more to the beach.
We will certainly be coming back next year and may even pay a visit in late September or early October this year. This is certainly the best hotel we have stayed in, in Benidorm,and we have been coming for over 20 years.

Room Tip: We requested a high floor at the front of the hotel and that's exactly what we were offered. We...
3  Thank lezzer
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Good Morning Lezzer,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Hotel RH Royal on Tripadvisor, after your “Spring Break”.

Great to hear, that a Benidorm expert with 20 years of holidaying here, rates our service first class and the food excellent. I am also delighted that our adult only concept is proving to be very popular too. I will of course share your review with the whole team,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Royal and we look forward to seeing you again in the autumn or next year,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We are currently at the Hotel Royal. I will post a full review when I get home. For now, the hotel is great, the staff fantastic and the sun is out! We were here two years ago and the hotel was good then, it is even better now. The location is excellent for exploring the old and we have some excellent tapas.

1  Thank McPhin74

Hello Mcphin74,

I am so very happy you have chosen to return to the Hotel RH Royal and extremely pleased you find it even better now.

Continue to enjoy the sun and our great hotel; we hope that you have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having stayed in many of the 'main stream' hotels in the Levante and Rincon areas, we decided this time to stay nearer the old town. The Hotel Royal was ideally located being set directly between old town and new. It is a very well run hotel and one of the cleanest in Benidorm. ALL of the staff were excellent. All very polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The barmen were all very polite and efficient. Isabella on reception was a real star. She helped us with our booking both by e.mail and telephone before we left England and was supurb when we checked in. We were by far the minority nationality at the hotel, Dutch being the majority. The food was excellent. The room service was A1 and non-intrusive. We would recommend this hotel to anybody. It would never stop us staying at the Royal again, but as an observation, if you can't swim, the pool is 1.55M at the shallow end and lunchtime snacks were very limited and some days not available at all.
Summary: Best hotel we've stayed at in Benidorm in 20 years.

Room Tip: For very little extra cost, go for the superior rooms.
3  Thank pagltd
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hello Pagltd,

Being a regular Benidorm traveller, I am very pleased you have taken time to write about your stay at the Hotel RH Royal and for deciding to move location; it appears to have paid off!

I will share your review with the team and I am sure like me they will be delighted with the excellent feedback; it makes me very proud of the whole team.

I have noted your comment and the snacks not being available and will review this now.

The best hotel you have stayed in for 20 years in Benidorm is waiting to welcome you back soon and thank you for recommending our Hotel to fellow travellers,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is the first time I have returned to this hotel with my dad since the RH group took over and it is fair to say the managers have really put their mark on this wee hotel as it has vastly improved in many areas. Let’s start with reception that is an area that still has the same warmth friendly staff. They will do all they can to offer information , advise and even help you fiddle your card into the lift when you stroll in at 2am after enjoying a great evening of tapas and cava in the heart of the old town. There was no need to ask for additional pillows or tea/coffee facilities as they were already in the rooms. It is also a nice wee gesture to have a chilled bottle of water in the fridge waiting on your arrival. The beds are so snug and it adds to the cosiness off having a light duvet. The rooms have got a bit more modernized with the addition of the flat screen TVs which offer a good variety of music/TV stations. As always these rooms are very clean and fresh towels supplied every day, I think the maid also had fun tucking my wee teddy bear into bed, every morning. We did have a room facing the sea (or RH Hotel Victoria) there was no problem at all with any extreme noise maybe just the typical hustle bustle of a street but nothing that the hotel can be held responsible for. Plus it’s nice to hear the happy cheery laughter. We were on the 6th floor and it is just nice to look over and people watch.

Now the bit that has a lot of debate of this page THE FOOD….I am someone who can be a little fussy but it looks like the managers have actually sat down listen and took note of people’s issues. Every night there is a good variety to choose from and always chicken, fish , and a red/pork meat dish, and I think it is a nice touch that the chef is always there cooking a different cut of meat every night on the grill, and on that subject remember if you like your meat food to be well done the chef will keep it on the grill a little longer for you if you ask and if you feel eating such fine tasty food every night is too much then you can choose the simple comfort food of chicken nuggets and chips…I’m a big kid at heart. Care has even been taken to provide vegetarians with hot food also. Plenty of fresh fruit and desserts and here is the tastiest dessert…my hot custard!!!! Breakfast is the usual hot cooked dishes , cereal plenty of cold meats and cheeses, with a new juice machine that actually is real orange juice. I found all the girls to be very hard working and very cheery including the lovely gentleman who ensures everyone is happy with the service

The poolside is just lovely kept and is never too busy but the pool is deep and so either keep floating on your back, take water wings or just stick to the top end where is a little less deep, (or maybe it is just me because I am so small)

In the evening it is nice to unwind with a lovely drink and listen to some really great singers who do a really good mixture of songs in several languages. The entire bar staff work so hard and step it up a bit to ensure everyone can take advantage of the happy hour.
I really do enjoy returning to this hotel and it is always nice to see the familiar friendly faces of the staff but also there are always the same regular guests who return. The hotel although adults only (16 +) it seems to attract the 40 + age groups of mainly Spanish, Dutch, and British which seems to give it a nice relaxing atmosphere. We also got an RH loyalty card (ask at reception) and that really is a lovely addition to the hotel. I am trying to think of something negative to balance my review out but I really cannot think of anything I enjoyed my stay so much. Thank you Elena, Ana , and all the lovely staff. Have to end my review now so I can get my next trip here booked 

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank amre
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Good Afternoon Amre,

Thank you very much for your glowing report! I am delighted that you have noticed the changes we have made over the last year and that they are an improvement.

As you know our staff work very hard to provide a top class service and I am so proud of your review and general description of the Hotel, you have made my day.

We all look forward to seeing you again very soon and thank you for being so loyal to our brand,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

we stayed at the royal hotel for 3 nights it was in a perfect location in between the old and the new town,the staff were very helpful and friendly,the food was excellent something for everyone a very good choice,breakfast was great full english or fresh fruit,cakes,or cold buffet,just perfect.the hotel was very clean throughout,rooms had fresh towels,tea/coffee in rooms and fridge,pool area was great very clean,gym,sauna,bar staff were excellent,the hotel is a must to stay in if going to benidorm,if u can not get booked up in this hotel our friends janet & brian stayed in the hotel victoria across the road which is the sister hotel this hotel is great hotel to.

Room Tip: we stayed in a room on the first floor looking over the pool at the side of the hotel,it wasnt a bus...
1  Thank leslisa
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Lisa and Les,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Royal for your recent stay and for your review.

It’s really good to have your feedback and also great for the whole team too who are doing a great job.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel, the food and facilities along with the cleanliness, also thanks to your friends Janet and Brian who chose the Victoria.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the enar future,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My six friend & I stayed at the RH Royal for 5 nights from 2nd - 7th May 2013 & we fully enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very spacious, three of us in one room with ample space. The Hotel was immaculately clean, service we gave 10 out of 10. Very friendly staff & very willing to help out. There was a good choice of food & the waiting staff promptly put two tables together at every evening meal without us asking. This was my 50th Birthday celebration & they really made a memorable occassion. The bar man Juan even went out & purchased fresh mint for me when I requested my favourite drink Mojito! Excellent hotel. Would definately recommend to my friends & will return soon. Yorksha Girls

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sonia63m

Dear Sonia and the Yorksha Girls,

Firstly many happy returns on your recent 50th Birthday, good for you celebrating it in style with your friends at the “Top Hotel” RH Royal.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with fellow travellers Sonia; we are very happy you have taken time to write about your experience at the hotel and for recommending us,

Hope to see you again very soon,