Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only
Hotel Agua Azul(Benidorm)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,569 results
All reviewsold townjuan antoniogreat hotelbar staffsmall hotelsuperior roomevening mealplenty of choicetea and coffee making facilitiesfree safehalf boardshort strollpool arealovely roomfantastic stayfew minutes walkchristmas day
FilterAll languages
997 - 1,002 of 1,569 reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from ten days at this hotel. Where to start this review is difficult, because most reviewers give a good overall decent picture of this hotel. First impressions of any hotel is at reception, there you are met with exceptionally warm friendly staff who make you feel you are special to them, they are very efficient and have a wide knowledge of most guests problems,(lost luggage, passports ).Next is your room, were you will notice immediately how fresh and spotlessly clean it is, this standard is maintained throughout your entire stay. While on the subject of cleanliness the entire hotel is maintained to this very high standard. The restaurant is bright and air conditioned and offers an excellent and varied choice of hot and cold food, accompanied with a large selection of fruit and salad, one thing to remember is, that this hotel is European and so the menus have to reflect the many guests, varied tastes, it is not a British only hotel. Entertainment is varied, the two girls whom I seen, on separate nights could sing in at least four different languages. The bar is comfortable and the lounge is quite large with a small dance floor. The terrace area is exceptionally nice and depending on wither you like sun or shade you can choose the sister hotel just across the road which is the Victoria. There are many details I have omitted because other reviewers have covered this exceptionally well. To end this review, you might ask what makes this hotel an exceptional cut above the rest, well that is the easy part, It’s the entire staff from the very bottom, some of whom you will never see, to the very top, who work tirelessly to give their guests a very memorable royal stay in the Hotel Royal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank furrypaws
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Good Afternoon Furrypaws,

Thank you once again for choosing RH hotels and for taking time as always to write a review.

I can see how much you enjoy your stays with us and we are very grateful for your loyalty and kind words about the team who do indeed work tirelessly to give the best service they can.

We look forward to seeing you again and send you our best wishes

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by friends and I booked for a solo trip from 8th to 15th May.

All booked as usual through Travel Republic, with the air carriers being Ryanair and the transfer to and from Alicante being Flybus. Flight from Edinburgh to Alicante took off and landed on time, flight back to Edinburgh took off about 30 mins late but landed on schedule. On arriving at Alicante the transfer bus was easy to find - took about 25 mins to fill up then a transfer time of 40 mins to the hotel. I was one of the last to get picked up on the return journey which took about 40 mins - all perfectly acceptable to me when there are the views of the mountains etc to look at on the journey. Note - Flybus drop off and pick up the Royal Hotel people outside the Poseidon Hotel which is about 100 yards away from the Royal.

The hotel was as expected and described by other travellers. Located about 5 mins stroll from the old town and about the same to the beach and promenade. The way I went to the beach there was a bit of a slope downhill but for those a bit less mobile it would be better to head to the old town and cut off down one of the side streets which is flatter.

I was given a room on the top floor (the 9th) - single room which was fine for me with a balcony looking away from the sea. Well fitted out but not a lot of space to put stuff from your case (although I didn't bother emptying mine). Nice bathroom with a walk in shower (no bath). Lots of soap and shower gel so you really do not need to take any. Good quality colour tv with good reception,free fridge. A good safety deposit box (big enough to take my Ipad) for E1:50 a day. Floor in room carpeted as was the rest of the hotel. Room cleaned every day. Balcony had a small rack to hang clothes on to dry.

Good sized pool at which I always got a sunbed even after 9:30 or later. Nice quiet relaxing atmosphere (no kids) with bar right by pool. Happy hour from 12:00 - 1:00 on a 2 for 1 deal. Price of a large beer E2.70. All drinks reasonable. Think there was also a happy hour in the evening from 8:00 till 9:00. Seemed to be some evening entertainment but did not stay in for it.

Well appointed restaurant - food was as you expect on holiday - nothing out of this world but good enough with a reasonable choice, I was on half board and tended to have breakfast then some buffet food at lunchtime.

Nice sitting area at the front of the hotel and a spacious lounge inside with a tv showing sports etc.

Internet available on a pay as you go basis by the bar but free wifi available too - need to get username and password from reception. Wifi good on ground floor, pool area, bar/lounge but not much good in room - the hotel could do with installing some cheap wifi boosters.

All staff were attentive and helpful- just remember you are in Spain and things don't happen with the speed you might expect in the UK.

By the pool area there was a small gym which looked well kitted out, as well as a sauna. As I was leaving they were in the final stages of installing a hot tub by the pool. Pool got the sun from about 10:00 am till 2:00 pm (in May anyway). Sun then swung behind the hotel but if more subathing was required there was a sun terrace set up to catch the afternoon sun. Sun then emerged from behind the hotel at about 4:00 pm and hit parts of the pool area again.

I noted that there seemed to be a nightclub or something under the hotel but this was not open while I was there.

Had a look at the RH Victoria which is across the road but would say that the Royal is the superior of the two. However the Victoria seemed to be more into the provision of entertainment than the Royal - think it is deliberately set up this way between the 2 hotels.

To summarise, I had a really nice time at the Royal and would most definitely recommend it to others, and go back again myself. The only one thing I would suggest to management is that they look at the air conditioning setting in the rooms as a min of 15c is too high for us from colder climes at night, Drop it to 5c or something. However, many thanks for a nice holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the sea are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank C Saloux
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Good Afternoon C Saloux,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel RH Royal and thanks to your friends for recommending our Hotel.

You have written a very detailed review of the Hotel and I am very pleased that your week with us was an enjoyable one.

Great to hear that you would came back and most definitely recommend.

Your point raised on the aircon has been noted, however the full system was switched on last Friday, so I think maybe during most your stay it was the fan system in place that doesn’t cool as much as the aircon.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Hotel RH Victoria

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is great value for money,very clean and the service is very good.please don't listen to the reviews re the food there is a good choice from the buffet which for the price we paid more than exceptable!!!!!I would definatly stay at the hotel royal again if I go back to benidorm.

• Stayed: April 2013
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Hello Sarah,

Thank you very much for your review of our “Great Hotel” RH Royal.

We are very pleased with your feedback about the great value for money you enjoyed. We hope you decide to come back to Benidorm, we will here to give you a warm welcome,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a half board basis for 10 nights and weren't disappointed.
It is an adults only hotel with a good sized swimming pool and ample sun loungers.
Everything about the hotel is geared for customer comfort.
The staff were quite amazing and couldn't do enough for you, really helpful.
The hotel is cosmopolitan with different nationalities staying there so the retaurant has an abundance of food varieties to suit everyone.
We couldn't fault the food and there's even a carvery every day.
The hotel is carpeted throughout so there's no annoying noise from furniture being dragged across the floor and the rooms are nipping clean and towels were changed every day.
You can telephone from your room and we were amazed at how cheap the phone rates were.
The hotel is situated in an ideal location and only a short walk into the old town where there is plenty of bars and shops.
We would definitely return to the Royal as it's one of the best hotels we've stayed at.

Room Tip: Best view is from a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tynesider_8
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hello Tynesider8,

I was very pleased to read your review of the Hotel RH Royal, thank you very much for dedicating time to share your opinion with fellow travellers.

It looks like you had a very enjoyable stay with us from comfort, service, food and general facilities. Great feedback for us and we are delighted you will definitely return.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fabulous hotel, great location and great food, rooms spotless, hope to return to it soon.
However be wary of booking with Easyjet our flight from Glasgow took 2 hours and 45 minutes which was great but from touchdown to arrival at hotel was another 3 hours.
Easyjet use a local company for transfer and it fills the transfer coach with passengers from a variety of flights, if one flight is late then everyone has to wait at Alicante airport until it arrives.
Bit off when transfers are an extra on the Easyjet booking site.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view its quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martybare
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Good Morning Martybare,

Thank you very much for your short review of the Hotel RH Royal.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our fabulous hotel, great location and food, with spotless room.

I am sorry to hear about you plight with the transfer, unfortunately this is not something I can comment on given that we don’t provide this service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the near future,