“Overnight stay !” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 26 Benidorm B&B and Inns
Calpe, Spain
“Overnight stay !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Four of us were going to the Benidorm Palace for the dinner and show and thought staying overnight might be a better option. We only stay 30km away !!! So I looked up the net and could only find this hotel near the venue at a cheap price.

So wasn't expecting to much, and that's what we got. It was although clean and tidy, but not a suitable holiday location unless your on a very tight budget.

Breakfast was basic, a orange juice, a coffee and a tostada with marg and jam.

Pool doesn't look very appealing !!!

Room Tip: I think there are only 2 floors of 8 rooms all facing the same way ??
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Arnietw0
Alex G, Director de Recepción at Hotel Europeo Benidorm, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello sir, first I would like to apollogyce for the time that took to us to answer you.
We have introduced some changes on behalf of improving our service like changing the restaurant manager to satisfy the espectations of our customers. We have also improved some of our settings like the pool or the hot water sistem.
I am grateful with your useful observations and glad to say that we are doing the best effort to keep improving our services.

Alex

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night to get an early start for aqualandia. Little farther out of Benidorm than we expected so expect to pay €8 to get to the town centre. Rooms were clean and functional but the lack of curtains on both the kitchen and bathroom windows meant we had to hang t-shirts over them and the bathroom door didn't have a handle on so I couldn't shut it. As it was right by my bed every time someone went to the loo- you can guess the rest. I agree with the previous review breakfast was a joke so would suggest you get up a little earlier and go straight to Benidorm if you want to eat. Reception staff were very helpful but my main complaint was the damn cockrill that started to crow at 3am and never stopped until we left the room at 9:30. I had a gun I would have shot it because the restful nights sleep we wanted we didn't get. Not the hotels fault I know but none the less you need to know if you are going to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank doodle186399
Hello, the first thing I would like you to Know is that I am sorry that it took so time to answer your coment.
We continue to improve the installations of the complex, taking special care of this little things you mention, also we have talked to the cocks' owner to fix this uncorfortable situation.
I thank you so much for your coments on behalf on doing things better each year.

Alex.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We eventually found this hotel after a drive around as the road it is on is not yet on any satnav but we had the latitude and longitude numbers on the booking form and on putting that in we found it straight away. we easily parked the car and the young man from the reception was very friendly and very helpful he took us to our room and helped us in with our bags the room was large, clean and the terrace had wonderful views of the gardens and the crazy golf course. However this was the best part of our 3 night stay. the hotel advertises wifi and this was a major reason in our deciding to stay, we never managed to get the wifi on in our room and on checking we kept being given the same network key at reception and my laptop kept insisting it was wrong. we DID manage to connect to a wifi signal whilst in the breakfast room however this was an unsecured network so the work I needed to do I could not do anyway.and to make matters worse when the breakfast room closed at 11.30 we were asked to leave so had no wifi for the rest of the day as the hotel does not have any kind of lounge or place to sit in and relax. talking about breakfast it was complete joke I have had breakfast lots of times in various areas of Spain and I know what to expect, we had a baquette cut into thirds then cut in half again ( so it was one sixth of a baquette ) with 1 cup of coffee that was it !! in Spain this is called a tostada and is normally accompained with cold meats cheeses croissants etc not here there are no refills and when we asked for orange juice we where told we had a choice coffee or juice not both. this hotel is cheap so we did not expect much so we went into Albir and had an English breakfast for 1.99.euros. the pool was large but did not have a cover and it was filthy they did put some filters on one afternoon but it rained again that night so they did not bother again and the muck on the bottom just increased by the day, the crazy golf course looked good but was covered in,leaves and general muck and was never cleared and it was never explained to us how we could use it anyway, the tennis courts again initially looked good but do the hotel have rackets? the staff do as they were the only ones using it..there was a small kitchen in our room with a fridge but no kettle but being in Spain we did not expect one there is a small hob and a microwave but seeing how cheap Benidorm is we did not expect to do any cooking anyway. none of the radiators in our room worked but the air con did and we put that on heat all night, the first night we could not get any hot water the second night after running the tap for ages we got some then on the third night again no hot water the room was never cleaned or tidied during or stay and the beds we not made not a big thing but still needs mentioning. We left at 8am on the Sunday morning again the place was deserted there was nowhere to leave a key so we left the door to our room open and the key inside on the kitchen worktop I suppose we could have hung around until 9.30 for the breakfast room to be opened but why should we, shouldn't hotels fit in with their customers, so would we stay here again? NO

Room Tip: do not choose a lodge they are advertised as being in the gardens they ARE NOT they are on a concret...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Bobandvicky
Hello the first thing I would like you to know is that I am sorry it take so long to answer you. I am the new recepcion manger in the hotel. Again I am sorry that your experience was so bad. We are trying to do the best effort to keep improving and I hope that if you had another chance to visit Benidorm. You would like to visit us to see how the hotel is doing right now.
Thanks a lot for your opinion. It will help us to give the best service to our guests.

Alex.