“Cracking find”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is tucked away just off the sea front on the Levante Beach, just look for the two old houses on the beach and head back about 100 yards next to the Church. Once you have found it the service and the food is really excellent. Don't be put off by the surrounding buildings, after all your not there for them your there for the food. The food is not huge portions but I have to say the taste is superb and I really liked my food coming on a slate, quite a change from most other places in Benidorm. They have a good choice and it is well worth experimenting as the results are worth that anxious wait to see if you have chosen well. Just wish they could lift this place up and put it down in better surroundings.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Not easy to find but if you do you will not be disappointed. Superb meal and surprisingly cheap. Dont let the price make you think its not up to much, steaks under €10. and its really very good.
Finding it is easy if you find the two old houses at the northern end of the beach walk through the passage by the southern one.
Staff really friendly, service good, food excellent, unfortunately not in the best of positions.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Found this place on Trip Advisor & couldn't have been happier to do so. It's kind of down a side street, with nothing much open around it, but don't let that put you off - you're in for a treat.
Stayed in Benidorm for 7 nights and ate here 3 times (& the first 2 meals were a subway & a McD's - we were desperate for good food & found it!)

The menu is small, which is a good thing, meaning that they can concentrate on doing everything well. There is so much flavour in all the dishes. The steaks are stunning, as is the pork. Try the roquefort sauce with the steak, just delicious - if you're thinking of having a salad as a starter, get one to share, they're huge.

It's a really relaxed atmosphere, not much of a view, but you'll be so engrossed in your food, you won't care.

Have to add once special comment of thanks to Pep, the reason we were in Benidorm was to surprise my brother who was there celebrating his 50th birthday. After visiting Come y Calla on the Thursday me & my niece were blown away with how nice the food was and how reasonably priced it was too, so we asked if they could hold a party for 15 of us the following day for my brothers actual birthday, which they did & put loads of balloons up & a birthday banner for free! It made the night really special - thanks again.

If you're on the Levante side of Benidorm, definitely try this place - it's fab!

4  Thank bexx79
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best you'll get in benidorm. It may take some finding being behind a hotel in a small alley but well worth the hunt!
Absolutely great value and delicious. Being a pregnant vegetarian there was nothing in the menu on I could eat. However with my husband and family being meat eaters we ask what they could do, they were extremely accommodating and very friendly.

If I go to benidorm again I shall be paying it another visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been eating for a few days in our hotel when we decided to go out and look at tripadvisor for a good restaurant.
Come Y Calla came up and was closeby.
In 14 days we ate 4 times there and the dishes i took were
- The salmon with the minty cheese (starter)
- The Paté with herbs from the north of Spain(starter)
- The Baccalio with Orange saus
- The Hamburger with Fois grass
- The Coulant au Chocolat (desert)

Enough said that if I ate 4 times it must have been good.
Well I live in Belgium near many so called great restaurants but I can honestly say, Never in my life have I been spoiled soooo much with great tastes like the French Chef spoiled me in Benidorm.

We even witnessed a marriage party with fireworks when we were there!! :)