“Flash in the pan!!!”

Flash Hotel Benidorm
Ranked #24 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We, my husband mother and I were booked for the Rosamar Hotel for twelve nights from 16th September. On arrival were told that there was a problem with flooding on one floor, so we were being transfered to their sister 4* Flash Hotel just a few hotels down the road. On arrival at the hotel our initial impression was very good, it looked very clean and modern. We presented ourselves to reception and were told because we were together she would change the original rooms to two next to each other (why would we not be together when it was one booking?). It would take about thirty minutes to get the rooms ready, oh and by the way did we have our credit card with us to be used as security in case we break or take anything from the room, because towells, cushions and bed covers had been going missing! When my husband asked did we look like theives she said no but we would still have to sign the contract. As it was only going to be thirty minuets for the room to br ready we said we would not use the luggage room we would just wait in reception. MISTAKE. Two and a half hours later we were told we could go up to our rooms, (we were not the only ones in this position at least one other couple, and one family with a very board toddler were there as long as us). On arrival in the rooms and remembering the breakage contract we noted the bedside cabinet draw was broken, so reported it, it was still the same when we left twelve days later. When I went to check that my 83 year old mother had settled in, she said there was a funny smell in the bathroom, on checking I found the bin to be full, and by that I mean about 30 to 40 cigarette ends in it. Reported to reception, when the cleaner came to empty the bin she asked with hand signals were they my mothers, even I as an ex heavy smoker could not of filled it to that extent in thirty minutes. When we were reporting the draw and cigarette ends a very angry man was reporting to reception that another guest had been given key cards to his room.
The food in the restaurant was not great, choice poor unless you like salad, desserts I have never stayed at any hotel in Spain, 3* or 4* to have such a poor selection, on pointing out to one of the waiters that a lot of the fruit was mouldy, she looked at me as if I had personally added the mould myself. The bread rolls were put out at breakfast, and I assume were left out all day because by dinner (we did not have lunch) they were stale, but I must also say the food both at breakfast and dinner was the hottest I have ever had in Spain. The area around the swimming pool where the sun beds are was never swept properly or washed down the whole time we stayed, (we had a room overlooking it) it is filthy, after about our fourth day the barman flitted around with a brush and bag getting rid of cigarette ends and drink holders I assume that was after the Men in Suits with clipboards had a walk around! In the room we found the fridge worked better if the cupboard door was jammed open otherwise it was too hot for it. The bathroom toiletries were a disgrace only worthy of a 2* hotel. We found the shower very good on one or two occasions the temperature was a bit iffy but on the whole very happy with it. A full set of towells were not left on every change (bearing in mind the loss damage contract signed we were quick to point this out to staff and the missing items were supplied). Inside the bath/shower was never cleaned while we were there and so a build up of limescale on the taps. The carpet in the corridor was never vacuumed while we were there. I can only say unless the standards improve at this hotel it is building up many problems for the future. I do not know how it achieved its 4* rating because it is certainly no where near the standard of other 4* hotels we have stayed in in Spain.

3  Thank AlexandrinaC
FlashHotel, Community Manager at Flash Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Alexandrina,

We appreciate that you chose us for your visit. We will take note of everything you described to further improve our standard of quality. We regret not meeting your expectations. For us the satisfaction of our guests is essential, therefore we will work all the little details you described. We hope to see you again in Hotel Flash.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Flash Hotel Benidorm

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just back today from staying in Benidorm's newest hotel Flash. Would definitely recommend. GREAT GREAT location. It is the closest hotel to the strip (bars, clubs etc) without being on the strip - literally right across the road, which is better as im guessing if you were on the strip you would hear too much at night.
Stayed in rooms 602 and 603 perfect (there are 12 floors) nice view to people watch. My brother is disabled and this hotel was very wheelchair friendly. Very modern hotel and all staff were pleasant. Especially the older lady in the dining room with red hair she really went out of her way. Every room had 2 double beds which I liked. Small fridge in room which works better with the cupboard door open.
Food was good and breakfast usually starts at 8 but this morning we had to leave very early and they set us out toast, ham cheese and fruit juice which I think was very decent.

Room Tip: 6th floor, 602 or 603 great view with balcony and is in the middle of the 12 floors. ask for street...
1  Thank charls123
FlashHotel, Community Manager at Flash Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your recommendation. We love to hear that everything has been to your liking and you've spent a great time with us. Our hotel is fully accessible and everything is brand new. We hope to see you soon. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

To all parents with. Kids don't go her this is not a child friendly hotel.don't get me wrong nice new rooms and surroundings good area.but foods very poor and Il eat anything but ask the waitress for a drink for my 1& half year old girl and only had fizzy juice I asked for diluting juice and got told no. So ask for water she brought it in a glass bottle with a small glass.i just looked at my wife.I asked for a straw and got told she didn't have any.so weren't going to give let my daughter lose with that.plus there were no option for kids meals.web site said kids club there were nothing there at all we were walking about and felt that everyone was looking at us coz we we're there with a baby.a think this hotel is going to be adult only soon.so there lots of good hotels there for families but sorry to say flash this ain't one.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank talbot67
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Flash Hotel offered very comfortable accommodation with much appreciated air conditioning When the balcony door was opened the air conditioning cut off but reactivated when the door was closed which was great for soundproofing at night. Only shortcomings in the room the fridge was ineffective and the water pressure was not enough on the 9th floor to be a power shower. The two retained older lifts were a let down among the new features. You will never please everyone with food but we found the choice to be wide and the standard generally good. Staff were almost too efficient in clearing away and if anything the dining room did not have the feel of a 4 star hotel.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful when needed. The hotel is new and still has to find its character but if it continues as it is it should be a great success. Entertainment not so good with basically one or two singers repeating the same program nightly.

A new hotel will always have teething problems but the potential is there. Would say, however, that the special offer rate was as much as we would be prepared to pay normal rates would not have been such value for money. At the right price we would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Rooms to front great for watching the world go by and great for sun in afternoon. Overlooking pool...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gwen J

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your communication :) We are very happy to know that you spent a great stay with us. We love knowing that we are hitting the variety of our buffet. We would love to have you back with us at Hotel Flash. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Husband still staying in Flash Hotel. Has asked 2 or 3 times for his television to be set to English language in order to watch the Ryder Cup. Has not been fixed yet . When he phoned he also stated there was not much choice, food wise.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank paisleyperson
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have just returned from the Flash Hotel with my wife after an 8 day stay from the 15th Sept. We had great time and really enjoyed staying in this new hotel, We were B & B and the breakfast buffet was freshly cooked with choices of hot and cold. Our room was a seaview that looked down onto main street below, that room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. The main thing we were looking for was a good pool with sunshine most of the day, the poolwas clean with plenty of beds and the sun was over it from about 10;30 until 18;00, perfect [never saw any rain!!!!] Lovely bar at front of hotel for a drink before heading out at night. We were able to keep the room until 20:00 on the day we were leaving [late flight] for 40 euros, this meant we had an extra day on the holiday. We will definately return to the Flash Hotel as we loved it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ian S
Management response:Responded October 3, 2012

Hi Ian,

Thanks for spending a few days in Hotel Flash and share with us your experience. We welcome you back at our hotel :) We love to hear that everything has been to your liking and you spent a pleasant stay in Benidorm with us. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel recently and had a very happy time.
The Hotel has only been open for two months. I had a quiet room on the fourth floor which suited me nicely.
The food, breakfast, lunch and dinner were all very good with a wide choice which was varied enough for me. All the staff were kind and efficient, especially withh some of the older guests. The location is also good and the beaches are only 10 minutes walk away.
I hope to return to this hotel early next year.

4  Thank William D
FlashHotel, Community Manager at Flash Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear William,

Thanks for your comments. We are very happy to have feedback from our guests and know that there stay in our hotel was pleasant. Hope to see u again in our hotel. Remember you can find de the best offers in our web site. Best regards