“Good spot for a week in the sun”

Palm Court Apartments
Ranked #57 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
“Good spot for a week in the sun”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week staying at the palm court apartments. I read the reviews before I went and I was a little worried that I had chosen the wrong apartments. Yes the rooms are basic, but what do you want. It had a bed, a shower (which could have done with a scrub), a tv, fridge, and clean towels and sheets. We only got woken up twice but that was by overgrown women that should have know better. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this to anyone as it does exactly what it was meant to do.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
kent
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just returned home from a lovely week here. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location perfect for sightseeing, night life and shops. No noise from the nightlife either which we have experienced in other apartments. Market on a Wednesday and Sunday just over the road. Food at hotel was English which was a treat :) rooms very basic but this is the only downside. however, rooms had everything you needed and were clean. Would definitely stay here again. Great for young and old. Just perfect for a relaxing week away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Montysmummy
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Firstly thanks to sumi,sala,Andrea,John and the owner pepa.I'm so sorry if I got the spelling wrong but everybody in this establishment were top class.I booked a 17 day holiday for myself,my husband and my parents,my parents were before retirement hoteliers and my dad was a chef,me and my husband have and still are chefs after 29 years,we booked a fun cheap self catering hols,we have before paid a fortune for the best all inclusive all over,here we paid a fantastic bargain price in my opinion,OK its self catering but I prefer this kind of place,small friendly,lovely food especially breakfast normally provided by Andrea,I only eat rock hard egg yolks and my husband her lovely "dippy" soft eggs ,you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get this combination right so thank you Andrea your a star,John was a wonderful host so helpful,happy,nothing too much trouble and a great barman,always made us smile and good for local formation and a credit to the establishment.sala. lovely man normally on the bar at night and everything else during the day,if something wrong he will get it fixed,simi,I know this spelling is wrong but he is the Manuel of the palm court,by that I mean in lovable personality and willingness to do anything for anybody but unlike Manuel he is hardworking,astute and intelligent and a breath of fresh air every morning,finally the lady who owns this establishment is lovely,she helped us with a couple of local things that required Spanish,again nothing is too much trouble for her .finally a couple of pointers for the hotel and local area,in the hotel,rooms spotless,kettle,toaster,ice cold fridge,lovely bathrooms,spotless linen,towels,good air con worth paying for.some people say these rooms are basic or rustic I say tiled floors wood units and everything you could ask for in a self catering apt,when did you ever get a juice squeezer,colander,sharp knife,2frying pans,good quality full range of crockery,full set of condiments and a freezer bit for ice cubes,plus loads more I won't bore you with.either way this is one of the best equipped self catering apts I have been in or many years.,the measures in the bar are fantastic,3.50 Euros in the front bar proper British spirits with a scoosh,or 3euros for spirit and 2euros for a can in the pool bar ,but it is only 1euro for a bottle of estrella lager and 5 Budweisers for 6 Euros you can't go wrong there.the location of the apartments is great,come out of reception and on your left you will see the seafront about 2oom away,as you walk towards it you will pass all the nightlife benidorm has to offer,there is a 50m stretch of 18.30 kind of clubs if you want it but if not its a 2 minute walk around it.there is an Indian restaurant opposite the hotel called saffron it is fabulous ,PS the cheapest place to buy your drink is left out of the hotel and then right at buddies,go past the supermarket and there is 2 local grocers with fruit and veg ,there fruit,veg,drinks and spirits are the best and cheapest and I have been coming to benidorm for 22 years,PS your spirits are cheaper here than duty free,your tobacco 10x50g is 84 Euros in benidorm tabbaco places in the airport going home its 110 Euros so don't wait for the airport

Room Tip: I would just like to add that I did not sleep very well on my holiday,but this is because I do have...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank maxcoco3663
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We travelled as a group of lads aged from mid twenties up to nearly 60. We stayed fr a week and I found the Palm Court was almost perfect. Rooms are a little jaded but are perfectly clean. Maid visited once during our week, enough for me. We had one of the larger rooms as four of us shared, this has two bathroom areas with shower toilet and basin.
The bar area is good for a bit of people watching as it is on the same road as the square. Pool area is very adequate and has it's own bar/cafe. Food and drink give excellent value for money. You an get 5 bottles of Bud for 6 euros and they will even allow you to keep them in the fridge till you want them, marking them off your tab.
Best tip is use Bar Mallorca over the road for your breakfast, very good value and food.
We will be booking Palm Court next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank johnecoyote
wales
Reviewed July 4, 2014

spent 2 weeks at the palm courts the staff was brillant and very friendly apartments was basic but clean the apartments are situated just up the top from the square so it was very noisy at nights you have to pay 4 euros a day if you want airconditioning which we managed without

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joan123wales
Nottingham
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just came back from a weeks stay at palm court, had a brilliant holiday. On Arrival the owner checked us in extremely quickly, lovely friendly lady. We were happy with the cleanliness of the room, it is dated and could do with a bit of work, there was chips in the paintwork and holes in the wardrobe doors however it was very clean so overall we were happy. The location of the hotel could not be better, just a few mins walk from the bars and beach. Plenty of places to eat out. Food at the hotel was excellent, especially breakfast! Was extremely good value for money and delicious, we had one every morning! Drinks were brilliant value for money and they weren't shy with the measures! Got rather tipsy on cocktails several nights :) only thing I would mention is towels were only changed once while we were there and had to go down and ask for toilet roll every time we ran out. Overall brilliant stay, wonderful friendly hotel, will deffo be returning :) Thank you very much Palm Court :) xx

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kayleighsheree
Reviewed June 29, 2014

*good basic hotel paid 300per head for flights and one week self catering staff friendly food good try the deal at the bar 5buds for 6 euros rooms are good don't expect a palace they are clean and tidy location is great for nightlife only complaint is the towels are not changed enough in the rooms avoid the transfer with resorthoppa we had a driver calling himself Danny devito it took him 2 hours to get us to the apartments nearly as long as you are on the plane .

Room Tip: Avoid resorthoppa transfer more expensive options are available but worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family