“Thieves operate in this hotel!!”

Hotel Levante Club & Spa
Ranked #37 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed March 23, 2008

We stayed at the Levante Club for one week from 15/03/08 to 22/03/08. Whilst we were generally satisfied with the hotel and service the holiday experience was completely ruined on the final day of our stay. We had to vacate our room by 12.00 midday and were not due to be picked up to go to the airport until 4.50pm. We enquired at reception if there was a secure room available for our belongings. We were directed to a locked room at the side of the reception which we were informed is kept locked at all times and was to be used to store any baggage. We left our belongings at around 10.30am and continued to enjoy our final day of our holiday. When the coach arrived we returned to the baggage hold area and found that one of our bags was missing. This bag contained a laptop, digital camera, 5 passports, insurance documents and a driving licence. We immiately reported this to our rep and reception. As with the previous review the repection staff were totally uninterested and basically said they could not be held responsible, despite only the hotel staff having a key to access this room. We suspect this may be an inside operation of hotel staff. We did not have any apology or explanation of how someone could have accessed the room without authorisation. No CCTV was available. It later transpired, during out journey to the airport, that other holidaymakers had seen the door not only unlocked but wide open. Is this something you would expect from a 4* hotel offering safe and secure storage for your belongings!! Only people to come out of this with any credit were the First Choice staff who were extremely helpful in all matters. This is in complete contrast to the hotel staff. In future, despite assurances BEWARE as this is not a safe hotel if you value your belongings.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank ClanNotts_UK

Reviewed March 22, 2008

I arived at reception to check in. Paid for hotel safe and got in lift with my wife and one other person. By the time I got out of lift with luggage, my wallet had been stolen. Had to wait for lift(did not know where stairs were) went to reception and they did not want to know. Phoned home for credit card and debit card numbers. Also stole all my euros and driving licence.Within 10 mins of theft 4 attempts to withdraw cash from cash machines in the strip outside hotel.A 4* Hotel with 1 CCTV is disgraceful and to make matters worse it did not even work. First Choice hols got cash to me within 4 hrs(£25 charge) and to add insult to injury hotel charged me 22 euros for phone calls to Police ,Insurance Company and First Choice.
On the Monday morning there were at least 15 other people at the Police station to report pickpockets, muggings and other thefts.

NEVER think this could not happen to you because it can.

I was very disappointed by the lack of concern by the Hotel and when something like this happens to you, you realise that you are are on your own with little or no help from Hotel,Tours Company or Insurance Company. I dread to think how you would cope if there was a serious accident.
I will never return to Benidorm!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank cheshiretraveller42
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Great hotel, and although its further away from the main nightlfe there are some great bars with entertainment directly across the raod. Tropical, Rachels etc all offereing good value and some good acts.
Food good and we found there to be plenty of choices.
Rooms very spacious and very lean. It was good to have two showers
we took our 21 month old daughter & would say this is a perfect hotel for a family.
Its about a 10 minute walk to the beach
Overall we had a great holoday

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank PJ13PJ
Reviewed January 18, 2008

Stayed over Christmas 2007, arrived 24th for a 3 night stay.

I have stayed here before, back in February and was pleased that it still shown a high standard of service.
Our room was clean tidy and what you would expect from this 4* Hotel, the bathroom is a lot bigger than the usual hotel size, a separate shower cubicle is a great asset.

We stayed on the 20th floor, this gave a excellent view from the balcony facing the sea, however the other skyscrapers in Benidorm do obstruct to clear view to the sea!!, but this just adds to what Benidorm is about, you must embrace this place and go with the flow, shake off you inhibitions and allow yourself to feel the party fun.

Hotel is about good ten minute walk to the front, where you will find one of the best beach front in Spain, yes there are people everywhere, but that is part of the enjoyment, it's an easy going area, with people watching people, everyone looks if they have found the secret of life, you soon realise that they are all smiling.

We stayed with another couple on this trip, we ventured out at night, didn’t see the need to go far as there was bars across the road from the hotel, these gave us great entertainment, Rock 'n' Roll as well as a music bar until the early hours of the following day.

Christmas Dinner was rearranged from lunchtime to the evening, this was explained to us a week before via a personal phone call, this was to our liking, we could enjoy the full day and prepare for our dinner later on.

We all paid an extra €87.50 per head for this special dinner, we decide to dress in a dinner jacket and a bow tie, the girls also dressed in evening wear, yes we were the only ones as James Bond look-alikes, but it was fun and everyone commented, but it was generally smart dress.

The dinner was very good and had five courses with the main course being Turkey, on the whole it was very good but perhaps wasn't of a high standard but acceptable, especially with the wine flowing generously.

Evening entertainment at the hotel was a little light so we took to the bars across the road to the hotel.

Breakfast is what you expect, a good choice of English and continental.

We stayed two nights for evening meals and this was a disappointment, the choice was limited and whilst it was hot and edible it didn't give you a proper meal it was bits of everything, plain pasta, limp pizza, beef in gravy, brussels, potatoes, fish dish, mixed veg, and salad of course, the sweet was not a lot better, nothing would really tempt you, you had it because it was there, the regretted it after you ate it!

I would certainly stay again, the staff are very polite and helpful, the rooms are cleaned everyday, even Christmas day! the Spa is a very welcome relief, you could do hell of lot worse, I perhaps would stay for Bed and Breakfast only, giving us the choice of eating out.

I haven’t found a better Hotel here in Benidorm yet, it gives value for money, I went through their own website and paid direct, so I do recommend it and will return, we live in Spain permanently and live about an hours drive away, so it's always an attraction for value of money.

You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank GAZnKAZAlicante
Reviewed January 7, 2008

How this hotel can be rated as no.2 in the tripadvisor ratings i do not know. Its not a bad hotel, but i certainly wouldn't rate it that highly!

Good Points:
Spotlessly clean.
very friendly Staff, in restaurant, cleaners and reception.
large room. nice bathroom.
buses and taxis outside.
wine in the restaurant was cheap and cheerful!

Not so good points:
Bedding could of been better.
Swimming pool had icebergs in it!!
Air con bearly worked.
Quite a distance from the town/front, about 20 min walk.
Food in restaurant was hospital/school/canteen...

On the whole the hotel was OK, i dont think i'd stop there again, there a lot of hotels in Benidorm and i'd give somewhere else a try.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank drutuk
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed in the hotel 17/11/07 to 24/11/07 with First Choice Holidays.On the evening of 21/11/07 my watch and a purse containing a small amount of money were taken from my room on the 4th floor.
The theft was reported to Reception and the First Choice Representative.Reception produced a list of my room entry times from the computor and stated all entries were made by the electronic key issued to me and I must have left the door open.
One entry time was 21.12 hrs on 21/11/07-I know exactly my location at that time:in a pub about a mile from the hotel watching England v Croatia [ K.O. was 21.00 local time] with the key in my pocket. Someone has a duplicate key be warned.
The Reps attitue was fill in the forms and ring Madrid to report the theft,she was not interested by the fact a duplicate key was available with the same electronic fingerprint as the one issued to me.I will not claim off insurance as the time involved and agro of reporting to Spanish Police and filling in forms makes it not worth it.
Items of greater value were kept in the room safe,time will tell if my bank cards were cloned.

Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
12  Thank geordie111
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We have just returned from holiday at the Levante hotel, we have stayed at many hotels in Benidorm and this was definetly the best. The rooms were spotless. I would like to mention Joanna,Marcos and Clara the bar staff who were very friendly and great fun to talk to.

Stayed: October 2007