We booked this hotel as a late deal for a relaxing break over Easter. We were thinking about self catering, in particular the Terralta, but decided against it due to the Euro and the two bank holidays. We are very pleased we did! Although we might go to the Terralta one day, Benidorm is very expensive at the moment and many restaurants were empty. We have been to Benidorm before and on both our visits have stayed away from typically 'English' places - contary to popuar belief, although there are plenty of the 'Red Lion' type establishments, Benidorm is a very varied place with a lovely Old Town. We very much enjoyed Tapas Alley.
Back to the Hotel....We think that it deserves all of its good reveiws. We have never been before and so cannot comment on it going down hill but we think it deserves a 3 star + overall. As we booked late we did not have any expectations but it is our main holiday of the year and so we wanted it to be relaxing, enjoyable and value for money. It was certainly that. Check in was easy and after flying at 7am we were sat in the restaurant having lunch at 1pm with a nice glass of wine.
ROOM: I emailed the hotel before going and asked a a high room with a good view and we got it. The rooms are very big wiht a massive bathroom and wonderful sky television channels. My husbnad was in his element with Sky 1, 2, 3 and Setanta! Some areas need a lick of paint but nothing too serious.
POOL: lovely pool area although i wouldnt fancy it in summer - too many people, too few sun loungers. This is the first holiday i have ever resevred a sun bed ( i hate to do it) and didnt expect to as it was not full but other people did so we did! I am up early anyway so didnt make a difference. Pool too cold for Easter - could do with being heated as i would have loved a dip.
ENTERTAINMENT: this was excellent. never seen entertainment as good, they work really hard. Free bingo and quizes and plenty for children to take part in. an excellent selection of bars with a great variety of drink - again my husband enjoyed the strongbow on offer! You can have bottles of wine which was great and could take drinks to the room to enjoy the balcony. Can not fault any area of the entertainment or bars.
FOOD: The food was good and plenty to chose from, particualry enjoyed the roast pork and stilton after dinner! They definitely cater for the English but i would have liked to see more choice or loacl dishes. Food was always hot and replenished frequently. get a drink, put it on a table and then go and get food. Again, i wouldnt like to go in summer (busy) and no air con at Easter! This needs sorting as we were boiling.
OTHER FACILITIES: Indoor pool good as outdoor one too cold although the whirlpools were cold - i expected them to be hot!! nice to have dip though. We went up to the roof top tp see the view but werent impressed by the pool. We wouldnt pay the extra for this area. No atmoshere and up on the 25th floor! Felt abit isolated bu i suppose some might like this.
Overall - fantastic for an Easter break. We had lovely weather, enjoyed a walk down the beach and prom every night, walked to the Old Town, played bingo, won the quiz, enjoyed wine looking from our balcony and enjoyed the entertainment. We will definitely return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, beach and sea are waiting for you in Benidorm. Fun and comfort.... at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is located in the Mediterranean's leading tourist resort: Benidorm, which has all the services needed to meet the needs of the millions of tourists who visit the city all year round. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is in the new part of the city. It is a four-star all-inclusive hotel with 398 comfortable rooms and many facilities to make your holidays as fun and entertaining as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Flamingo Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Flamingo Oasis Hotel Benidorm
- Benidorm Flamingo Hotel Oasis
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis Benidorm