“Good hotel but some things let it down”

Hotel Flamingo Oasis
Ranked #56 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First time we've been to Benidorm, quite apprehensive about whole holiday.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and cannot fault any of the staff - from cleaners, bar staff, reception and restaurant, they all work very hard and are all very polite and friendly.

Food was fine, good selection of salads, meats, vegetarian and puddings. For me breakfast was a bit disappointing, as I like cereal, and found these a bit bland - saw someone else had taken their own with them (so perhaps worth taking your favourite).

Entertainment was very good, all the animation team worked tirelessly to keep everyone entertained, particularly liked the 'on Broadway' night which was a tribute to Hairspray, Cats, Starlight Express, Phantom and Riverdance (oh not to forget Rocky Horror!). Lots of activities to join in with, if you wanted.

Hotel felt very safe, there are security guards around and there are a few hotel rules, but these make the hotel a safer and nicer place for everyone - always had two lifeguards around the pool as well.

Only downsides, for me, is the lifts (but weren't too bad) and the fact that if we didn't get up early to reserve a sunbed - then we simply would not have been able to spend any time by the pool. First couple of days we were down to one or none as towels are left all day by some people without being used. Whole point of a holiday is to have a rest. Some larger groups were reserving 8 Or 9 - don't see why children need their own!

One tip - take your own hair dryer, the ones in the hotel aren't very powerful!

Room Tip: We were on floor 17 not looking over pool - wasn't noisy at night quite a nice view of benidorm...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MadelineCheshire

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned after a 10 day holiday here, very nice hotel with great food and excellent staff, very friendly , our room was on the 19th floor ( made my teeth jangle at first but was ok after a while). As previous people mentioned the sun bed policy is a joke as noticed lots of people leaving towels on the beds most of the day then coming back for an hour and then going to there rooms! Didn't bother me , When I wanted a bed for our family I waited for a while then folded the towels up and used the beds! Hehehehe, naughty me !
Great base for Benidorm all in all very good.

Little tip , if you go to Benidorm palace with your family say that the kids are under 10 and they go free , it's a late night so have a siesta during the day.

Much as Gracias

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marc J
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We travelled in the main weeks of summer, 2 adults and 2 children aged 16 and 6. I have to comment on how clean this hotel is, even the swimming pool toilets are cleaned all day and smell fresh. There is entertainment all day until after midnight and the shows that the hotel staff put on are better than the entertainment brought in. If you have children you won't know you have them as they are entertained all the time, even when they have comedians on they will put shows on for the kids in the cinemas which is great. The food is lovely, roast dinner with Yorkshire puddings and apple crumble and custard, the variety is endless and food is served until midnight. The drinks are good too, strong bow cider, San Miguel, cocktails on request and real Pepsi. There's ice lollies all day and snacks at the poolside bar, the barbecue ribs were lovely. In my opinion the lifts was not too bad, I never had to wait no more than 5 minutes for a lift to take me to the 17th floor, but some people were moaning. The maid cleaned our room every day and we had fresh towels too, the air con wasnt the strongest but it did the job and we all slept very comfortable. The only thing which got to me on this holiday was the famous sunbed rush which is on YouTube, one man actually fell over running to put his towels in a line (about 10) before he got his beds - what a joke!!!!!!!!!
Flamingo oasis please stop this and make the holiday makers behave in a more mature manner. Apart from this, this is a lovely hotel with a lovely group of friendly staff that make us Brits have a nice holiday in Benidorm so Thankyou!!!! :)
Would I return to this hotel, I wouldn't go anywhere else in Benidorm if I had my kids with me.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sophie_rose43
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If one thing needs urgent attention it is the lift service, the lifts are a 6 car group with very little intelligence, the control system is not fit for purpose. During peak times it is not unusual to wait excessive long times to actually get into a lift car and once in to what is always a full car the lift then stops many times in an attempt to load more passengers. The management need to talk urgently to their list company and enquire into load weighing and full car bypass along with group multi zoning. Lift & Escalator Manage, based East London.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Having just returned from the flamingo oasis I was pleasantly surprised the hotel is nice and clean food very good although it did start to get a bit repetitive .now for the bad points the lifts are a nightmare at certain times of the day!!!!!!!! Also the pool area with sun beds if you are not out at 8.30 am with a towel forget it

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dadraa
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just had two weeks at the flamingo oasis this is our second year on the trot and better than the first time we went. The food was good bar staff and cleaners are brilliant the only problem we had was with a smell from the bathroom but nothing they didnt sort when asked to and the entertainment well I arnt just saying this but OMG absolutely the best I have ever seen from morning till night they don't stop and the shows are amazing now carnt wait till next year

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Ricky M
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 11 days. It was average. The best thing about the hotel is the cleanliness. Our room was cleaned every day. Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was ok, a lot of people complained and moaned about the food but I thought it was alright. The worst parts of the hotel were the lifts. We were always waiting for lifts and sometimes the queue for the lifts were ridiculous. The rooms also don't have fridges, I found this frustrating as I had to drink warm water if I woke up through the night. I would go back to flamingo oasis if I had to but I think we will choose a different hotel next time. Just as a change. I have stayed in better 4 star hotels and worse 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Flamingo Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hotel Flamingo Oasis. We are pleased to hear that there were many aspects of your stay which you rated very highly, but disappointed that there were some areas where you feel we could improve.
We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and thank you for your comments.