We have just returned from a week in this hotel, the room we were allocated on arrival (301) was the smelliest room ever and got no sun (although the one request we made was for a sunny balcony) every thing in the room reeked of cigarettes yuk. We contacted the concierge and could have changed rooms the next day, however we asked about an upgraded room (The Club) these rooms are between the 20th and 24th floors. The room was fresh, better decor with far superior balcony furniture and superior general fittings also free fridge/water/tea and coffee making/free safety deposit box and access to a computer and being on the higher floors all day sunshine. There is also access to a rooftop solarium and pool, HOWEVER THE YOUNG STAFF IN CHARGE OF THE BAR AREA TREAT IT AS THEIR PERSONAL DISCO!! MUSIC BLASTING FROM THE SPEAKER SYSTEM so no chance for peaceful relaxation, we did complain but to no avail, shame as it spoiled a really nice area. The food quantity /quality and selection was good everything hot and well presented and a good choice.The only criticism on food is - we ordered a packed lunch one day as we had a trip planned. As you can see by the photograph the sandwich can only be described as abysmal obviously put together by a blind person.
The most disappointing aspect of the upgrade was the fact you could not obtain premium drinks at any of the normal bars even though they had the drinks on display (made no sense as your pass was a different colour and easily recognised) Whilst on the subject of drinks the hotel pull a fast one in as much as all the drinks in the Club are not all premium quality only a very limited selection (vodka/gin were premium) but brandy etc were local brands 24% and no liqueurs at all. Bit of a pain when you are in the downstairs bar and you wish to have a decent drink having to take the lift 24 floors to get one!! especially during the evening show. The entertainment is non-stop during the day usual stuff every hour something for everyone, at night the main show bar had a different themed show. some very good entertainers especially the resident guys and gals they worked their little socks off. We have paid good money in London to see shows that did not deliver as much enjoyment. There is also a piano bar with a pianist, although this room is set out like a Doctors waiting room, quite depressing. The staff generally are very friendly and attentive always smiling, apart from the lady in the ‘Doctors waiting room’ The hotel itself is well presented plenty of public areas to sit in, pool area outside (pool was closed) could do with a bit of a spruce up this area, it was of course totally empty as it has no sun in the winter. There is an adults only solarium that gets the sunshine a few hours during the morning. There is an indoor heated pool plus small gym etc, To conclude we enjoyed the week and had a lot of what we came for SUNSHINE!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, beach and sea are waiting for you in Benidorm. Fun and comfort.... at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is located in the Mediterranean's leading tourist resort: Benidorm, which has all the services needed to meet the needs of the millions of tourists who visit the city all year round. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is in the new part of the city. It is a four-star all-inclusive hotel with 398 comfortable rooms and many facilities to make your holidays as fun and entertaining as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Flamingo Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Flamingo Oasis Hotel Benidorm
- Benidorm Flamingo Hotel Oasis
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis Benidorm