“Never again”

Acuarium II Apartments
Ranked #73 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Benidorm
“Never again”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here in October 2012 the place is terrible, the poor is shared and the old Spanish ladies run the roost always shouting and abusing everyone. Whilst there the hotel caught fire the security guard was the only staff I saw in my time there, the place is very basic and dated. No air con, TV. We were lucky if we had enough pillows and sheets to go round, I would advice no one to stay here. prison camps are better.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights and thought it was fantastic for what we were looking for - something clean and central!

We stayed in 2E which is a studio (fold down sofa bed only - no actual bed!) kitchen in same room, seperate toilet and balcony! Room was small but clean, and I noticed fresh linen and towels were left for us during the 4 night stay! Bed was fine for me although gave my partner a sore back on the first night and the slat on one part kept falling out but thats really the only negative I have about the room! You get what you pay for! (and we paid £25 per night for both iof us!) Only 5-10 min walk from, well, everything!

Been 8 times to Benidorm and would use these apartments again but for a short stay only! Using a fold down bed for more than 4 nights would get on my nerves but for a little more you can get a bed!

Collected keys from office directly beside apartments entrance as it was office hours. Women was English and very helpful. Deposit was 150 Euros and she arranged for the guard to check our room at 8am on the morning we left as the office would have been closed. Got our money back without any issues!

Didnt use the pool as we used the pool at the Flash hotel were my parents were staying! Saw it from the balcony and it looked HUGE but very quiet!

Ps. If you stay over a weekend be prepared for noisy stags / hens and thin walls!

Room Tip: If you are checking out early (i.e. before 9.30am) then let the office know beforehand to arange get...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

stayed here april 18 for five nights,
got ther 8.30ish at night so had to go down road for the key, thers a notice on window
next to hotel saying were to collect key from,
we stayed on 18th floor rite opposit lifts, if you dont like getting woken up four in morning by load drunken teenagers
dont get rooms opposit lifts, we were in a studio apartment, pull out sofa bed,
room small with large balcony, very clean with all the usual cooking equipment,
shower toilet spotless,one down side is no tv, apparently you can hire one but we
didnt bother,had to leave 150 euro deposit when i picked keys up and with leaving
hotel early hours was a bit thing about getting it back, but one day after being back
in uk it was put back on my card,
would stay here againj but ide go for one bed appartment and a room away from lifts,
we going back to benidorm next january but we staying in paraisio 10 which we stayed
in last january, mint place,
anyway hope this helps....

Room Tip: rooms away from lifts, ours was number 18 and in centre of hotel so if you work out how many rooms t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berwyn D
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Just returned on the 15th May! Amazing value for money!! Paid 85 pound between four friends including flights and transfers!! Apartments were perfect for 4 days! Very clean!! Standard size! Receptionist is lovely. Try mad munks its cheap and lovely food an drinks! Friendly staff. Yea you do have to pay a deposit but you get it back. Its only fair! Pool big size although you wernt allowed inflatables because of health and saftey which is fair enough! Would come again and stay but i didnt like benidorm itself.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank LZR91
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here with a hen party for 3 nights in May, from reading reviews I was very unsure of what we would find, but we were all pleasantly surprised! These are very basic hostel like apartments, but for £9 a night you cant go wrong! There were 4 in our room, twin bedroom with rock solid beds, and a sofa bed in main room with 2 single beds that come from sofa, which were much more comfy than the twin beds! Overall very clean, and very good fridge! Our room had good selection of cups and glasses, but the other party's apartment had hardly anything. We had to pay 150 euros per room, which you get back if none of your party break anything, and it was 6 euro for the safe for 3 nights.They are located in a quiet part of town, and is a ten min walk to beach. The apartments feel quiet safe, as I was ill one night and stayed in and slept, and I wasnt worried about anything.

I wouldn't come back here for more than 3 nights, and would only come back if I wanted a cheap stay, wouldnt be the right place for a week long holiday!

would recommend to hen parties as you don't spend too much time in your rooms! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank palmanova68
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in April. First of all there is no reception... You have to walk 10 minutes down the road to collect keys from another hotel. You then have to pay €150 as a deposit for your room. However if like us you leave for the airport on departure early then you will not get your deposit back as nobody is able to check the rooms that early. The hotel rooms were clean, which is the only good thing I can say. The showers were freezing cold. Not even luke-warm, I mean like ice! Also you can only have one electrical item plugged it at any one time or the power goes off! This was the same for our friends and family in different rooms in the hotel. The kettle is a retro whistling kettle that takes about an hour to heat up. We had 3 pillows between 3 of us and 1 blanket. If you are used to sleeping on the streets this hotel will seem decent. The location is poor. 15 minutes from the beach, surrounded by greasy horrible cafés and cheap tatty shops. If you have any kind of basic standards do not stay here. The hotel ruined my holiday, it was cheap and nasty and the ugliest looking hotel you have ever seen! I was embarrassed to tell taxi drivers the hotel I needed dropping off at.

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is not the hotel to go for if your after a a week long family holiday. Its very basic, not the sort of place to go if you enjoy spending time in the hotel, but its perfectly clean perfect for getting your head down. From speaking to a lot of people whilst there a lot of hotels make you collect your keys from a separate hotel. And as for the deposit and not having fresh towels everyday what exactly do people expect from a self catering holiday?? If you do your research before going on any holiday you wont get stung when you arrive.

Short walk to all the bars, sticky vicky and the hypnotist (cant remember his name) are must see's and red lion bars was our favourite.

Just want to mention mad monks bar just below the hotel was fab! Such friendly staff they let us leave our bags in the cellar while waiting for our coach transfer.

The only downside I would say is the door was hard to unlock but I think that was just ours because our neighbours managed there's fine.

Perfect place for a stag/hen party or long weekend away. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends