“Disgusting!!!!! Not a propper bed just a couch”

Acuarium II Apartments
Ranked #80 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My self and 3 pals have just returned from benidorm. You just can't imagine what this place is like. Call me naive but I didn't know places like this existed, I have been on many 18-30 holidays in the past and I thought they were basic but this is just a joke, we all actually thought it was a joke. You couldn't pay me or my friends to stay in this place. We booked somewhere else which cost us 200 euros each but this place took a 300 euro deposit, 300 euro I still can't believe it. This was after we had to walk half a mile for our keys, in the middle of the night, carrying our cases. I really feel for anyone who has stayed there for a long period. I'm laying here at home now writing this and I really do feel for the people who are in this so called hotel tonight. We booked Beni- beach and it wasn't great but it was like the Rits compared to aquarium 11. I can't wait to get started on a complaint to Thomas cook tomorrow. The one thing we asked our agent for was a comfortable bed each and what did we get? A bench with a so called foam mattress and a pull out bed on the floor. We were robbed by Thomas cook... I wouldn't of expected somewhere like this if I had booked a Holliday in Iraq. Anyone staying here good look. I can't understand anyone who has said its a nice place. All I can say is I wouldn't like to visit their houses.....

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank pw3393

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here on a hen wkend in June....excellent location...apartments basic but clean...Mad monk good craic.....Staff very helpful...Thanks to Caroline for posting my Shoes back to Ireland to me!!

Room Tip: 13H.....lovely sunny balcony in the afternoon
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Maybe I will awake to find indeed I was just having a bad dream and never did stay at Alcatraz...I mean Acuarium II. Just awful! From the moment we arrived and had to collect keys from another place that was quite a long distance away and took some finding to the day we left with ill mannered guests urinating near the entrance. I have never had as bad a holiday in my life. The room was not clean and I almost in the first minute got a chunk of glass in my foot on the apartment floor. The bed was absolutely awful and you had to sleep with only a sheet over a bed settee, half of which was no better than a camp bed with no barrier between you and whoever had sweat gallons before us (As no aircon) we were adjoined by two groups of youngsters with no respect for other people trying to enjoy there holiday who boomed out music until 4 am and only stopped at that time because I finally with nearly a week of sleep deprevation had to tell them to stop and I got assistance from the night porter/guard who spoke to them. (I have to say he was very helpful) I never saw anything sight-seeing wise as we spent all our daytime trying to make up for no sleep at night. As I write this review I still have a headache due to hardly any sleep. Ok one could say this is not the fault of the apartments but if you have a night guard and a rule of no excessive noise after 12 midnight then why was it allowed to continue? Others up to 2 floors below us had also heard them. We complained twice to reception but are not sure if any action was taken.
We asked for a low level room and none smoking. We got a room that stank of smoke and were put on floor 21 out of 22! So my wife felt sick all week from vertigo as well as sleep deprevation. The pool area we never used. It didnt look so clean and there were only 6 brollies for huge apartment block. I have never been so relieved in my life to head back home and will recal this holiday (not) with horror for years to come. It will certainly mean we will never return to Benidorm as the bad memories will put is of ever going again.
PLEASE dont save all year for a holiday and go here. I would hate anyone to suffer as we did this last week. I thank god I didnt book two weeks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just back from another fantastic trip to Benidorm - saw no muggings, no fighting and no other problems.Yes, there are beggars with dogs on Calle Gerona but all were suitably advised to gain employment ;-)
Anyhow, Acuarium 11 - reception was good.All spoke English and we paid £100 cash deposit, for which we received 2 sets of keys.
We booked a studio 14E, which was more basic than some prison cells I've seen (though NOT stopped in)
The room had a settee, which pulled out into 2 single beds, a table, 2 chairs and a kitchenette - that was it.No TV, no space, no aircon and uncomfortable matress'
The bathroom was tiny but sufficient for 3 nights
Balcony was small but OK for 2 people.
The pool looked OK but being on a stag do, we didnt use it
Our room overlooked the pool area and if you like a snooze in the evening before the nightshift, take earplugs cos the night entertainment at the Hotel next door starts early doors and is extremely loud, plus there is building work ongoing all over the back of the apartments at various hotels.So with lack of aircon and the room being sooo small, the balcony window has to be left open = oh and by the way, someone could easily balcony hop between rooms, as there is a ledge between them (you'd have to particularly stupid to try 14 floors up, I know but if there was a druggie stopping next door....??)
Not sure how other reviewers got burgled, as the room door was double locking and it would need a bulldozer to bust it open - can only surmise they just pulled it to.
A lot of local workers actually live full time in this building and the lifts are very busy, so expect to use some patience when wanting one.
I personally wouldnt use the Acuarium 11 again, knowing that there are better places nearby for only a few pounds more.

Room Tip: Dont book a studio under any circumstances
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After reading some of the reviews of these apartments, I was very apprehensive about going, even considering cancelling. All I can say is that some people must book two star apartments and expect 5 star luxury. The key pick up is only next door and the staff here are very helpful. I had asked for a lower floor and was given floor 14, so when I asked to be moved it was no problem at all. The room was very clean, basic but well appointed, the linen was of good quality and bed comfortable. A porter was on duty for most of the day and he was always cleaning the public areas and making sure it all looked nice. The pool was large with a smaller childrens 'bit' and a life guard was on duty, it was very well kept. All in all, these apartments are great value for money. The area is handy for all amenities and the Mad Monk bar situated just out side the front door is friendly and good. The bar almost opposite is also very good. There is a supermarket just over the road. It is also only about a fifteen minute walk to the fantastic |Aqualandia water park, but you can get a bus or a taxi for about 5 euros. Its about 10mins walk to the beach. I would have no problem going to these apartments again. You pays your money and takes your choice as they say! If you want five star, then pay more!!

Room Tip: We had a studio but the balcony was enclosed forming a sleeping area. Much better if you have childr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Binkie13
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We asked for a high floor and were allocated 18th floor we had a studio for two people. we arrived out of hours and the offices were closed so we had to collect the keys from the Eva Mar which is only at the other end of the road. 150 euro deposit was paid and we were given 2 sets of keys. you are supplied with bedding towels and tea towels. Mop and bucket are supplied as is a dustpan and brush. there is a clothes dryer on the balcont with pleanty of room if you do any washing. In the kitchen there are 2 rings on the hob a microwave with a grill a toaster and a coffee filter machine. the kettle is to use on the hob. there are pans and frying pans but the frying pans are not much cop everything sticks. The shuttle coach dropped us right outside which is good as i have heard the drop at other places.
Yes we would use these appartments again

Room Tip: Outdoor market is at the end of the road Indoor market is round the corner in the other direction...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol L
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel far exceeded my expectations the rooms were spotless and more than adequate for the price paid, the pool was lovely with a lot of loungers and there was a life guard on hand. The Mad monk which was attached to the hotel was very good quality and very reasonably priced. All in all no complaints i can advise to not listen to the reviews and go with an open mind

Room Tip: between a party of 21 we shared floors 11,12 and 13 and these rooms were great however dont look dow...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends