“Highly Reccomended”

Hotel RH Victoria
Ranked #13 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I do not normally review a hotel while I am still staying in it. However I decided to break my own rules in order to say how pleased I am that we are staying here. The reception is efficient friendly and unfailingly polite. The staff in the restaurant are likewise friendly and hardworking. I was particularly taken by the fact that a staff member offered my companion a wet wipe after seeing him counting change attentiveness like yhat is so rareI like all the food. The standard of cleanliness in the rooms and public areas is faultless. The location being near the sea and the Old Town is perfect for us. Not being the type the sit round a pool I do not feel qualified to comment on that although I'm sure that if it is of the same standard as the rest of the hotel it will be good.

• Stayed: September 2012
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Good Afternoon Jgap01,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Best Western Hotel Victoria,

We are very pleased that you are enjoying your stay at the Hotel right now and find our staff friendly and polite.

Attention to detail is very important and I am very pleased that you have noticed the customer service we provide. Thank You.

I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the near future,

Best Western Hotel Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

just returned from our 4th. stay at the victoria, 2 last year and 2 this year always enjoyed our stays hence the return visits, now under new ownership of the rh group we were hopeful things had not changed., to our delight we found that the standard was as good even better with simple additions such as tea making facitities, free fridge use, new flat screen tv .also felt the food choices were more varied with chef cooking a meal choice at both lunch & evening meals. Rooms, reception, bar, cleaning still maintained to a high standard. location, close to old town & beach, is great So well done RH for maintaining/improving the victoria hope to see you next year.
robin/teresa bristol

Room Tip: pay a bit extra for seaview well worth it
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinteresa
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Robin and Teresa,

Firstly thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Hotel Victoria once again. We are delighted that you have taken time to write a review of the Hotel.

I must say I really am delighted to have positive feedback and that any improvements we have made are being noted and appreciated. It is paramount to our business that our guests are happy, enjoy their stay and have great memories of their holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year and thank you once again for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We (two couples) returned to the hotel after enjoying our stay last year. This year we were allocated room 1605. Wow. Although we were happy with our twin on the 10th floor last year, this was in another league. Views superb and space to spare. The cleaning/maid services on this occasion were amongst the best we have experienced in 40 years, including some hotels sporting more stars.
A couple of small items were sorted within the hour (safe required reprogramming and we had forgotten that tea trays were on request).
The hotel location is great for the 5 minute walk into the old town and near enough to walk into the newer areas for a 'play'.
The A/C worked perfectly with two zones with individual controllers.
One small but significant complaint was the temperature of (for example) the baked beans at breakfast...could have been warmer but otherwise the rest of the food was good.
We didn't use the bar or restaurant otherwise, preferring the strolls to the old town and along the beach...oh and the late night revelling

Room Tip: Sea facing corner rooms on 16th floor are spacious with great views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Hello Chestreferdian!

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Hotel Victoria once again and for writing a review on your return to the UK.

It’s very nice to hear you enjoyed the fabulous views your room offered and that our cleaning service was the “best in 40 years”. I am pleased that we were able to sort out the technical fault and bring your tea/coffee making facilities, as you mention they are on request.

I have noted your comment on baked beans and will look into this now.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you once again for taking time the time to review our hotel, Have a great weekend,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

stayed at this hotel last year for 2 weeks during january. we really enjoyed the food, had good views from our room. a short walk from the seafront and the old part of benidorm, it was an excellent place to stay. although a small pool you can use the one at the sister hotel, the royal across the road. plenty to do in benidorm in winter. would recommend the victoria

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Good Morning Lovetoswin55 from Blackpool,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel with fellow travellers.

I am very pleased that a senior contributor on Tripadvisor gives us full marks, you have made my day.

The Hotel is in a great location and very central for those who like to be close to the beach, “Old Town” and numerous, bars, shops and restaurants.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have stayed at the Victoria for 4 times and were a bit wary this time as the Hotel has changed hands since the death of the Owner some 18 months ago.
However what a pleasent surprise to see the High standards have still been maintained by the New Owners.
If anything the Whole Hotel has improved.
Exceptional Food,Spotless Rooms and Fantastic Staff and Service.
Thankyou to Everyone at the Hotel Victoria.
By the way we were aparty of 12 oldish men and will be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank phllstph4

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review of our Hotel Victoria.

I can understand you may have been wary since there was a change of ownership; I am though very pleased to hear that not only do you think we have maintained the high standards, but you also see we have improved.

Our chef will be very pleased to hear that you think his food is exceptional, as will the rest of the staff who gave your party a fantastic service. I will of course share your review with them. Praise of this nature makes it all worthwhile, so thank you very much from all the team.

By the way, I would say you were a party of "experienced" men !! Sounds better than "oldish"!!

See you next year,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Having stayed at both the Victoria many times and once at the Royal opposite (we are back at the Royal for Xmas and New year) the Victoria lives up to all expectaions. We had room 802 - lovely room, everything you could wish for to make your stay confortable and cleaned every day with new towels and milk for the tea and coffee. Food has improved (soups could do with some improvement) but thats about all I can fault - great choice and variety (better than the previous years menus which never seemed to change). As my partner has a mobility scooter there was no problems - however with the Royal they charge 5 euros per day for parking which is a bit annoying. Give either hotel a try - you wont be dissappointed - great value hotels in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Good Morning Michael,

What a great start to the week for us all here at the Best Western Hotel Victoria. Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotels and for your loyalty to us.

We are very pleased that you have noted the improvement on the food, we have also take note about the soup.

I can advise Michael that we no longer charge for parking the mobility scooters in the Hotel Royal. Great to hear you had a comfortable stay and that the Victoria lives up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel RH Royal at Christmas

Thanks again for taking time to review our hotels and we will see you soon,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

After me and my husband enjoyed a short break here in June, we decided to book a week in August with our children aged 8 and 3. We got what we thought was a good deal for a junior suite staying full board.

Check-In / Room - We were seen to quickly, however when we were given the room card and I commented that it was room directly above the one we had the last time, it made me think that it may have been the same type of room we had and not a junior suite. I queried this with the receptionist and was told that they didn't have any junior suites available, but I could go back another day and check. Wasn't quite sure what to do, but didn't really have a lot of choice but to take the room and make a decision after that. When we got to the room I must admit the first impression wasn't great, the room seemed much smaller than what we had had in June, but the main positive was that they had put proper single beds in for the children rather than a sofa bed. We therefore decided not to persue the junior suite and to let our children sleep in proper beds. I found the bed and especially the pillows uncomfortably hard, but my husband didn't mind as much.

Food - excellent, excellent, excellent. We thought it was good in June, but was even better this time. Every lunch and evening meal had fresh meat or fish cooked in front of you, then there was a great selection of other dishes as well as the salad. I really believe that anyone who complains about the lack of choice and quality of this food is very, very fussy. There was a small children's section of food, but we used the buffet as a great way of introducing the children to food that they probably wouldn't have tried if we had ate out elsewhere on an evening. Breakfast was also good, apart from the toast machines, you needed it to go through at least 3 times before you got any colour on the bread at all. The juice machines seemed slightly better this time too, still quite watery, but a least tasted a bit of fruit this time. Drinks prices in the restaurant were also very reasonable, €2.05 for a glass of house Rose, which was very nice, €1.80 for a bottle of San Miguel or Fanta Lemon and €1.50 for a bottle of water.

Pool - I must admit that I was expecting to struggle to find a sun lounger around the pool, as the pool is quite small and the hotel seemed full, but everyday we managed to get at least 2 together. The pool never seemed unbearably crowded and the depth of the children's pool was perfect for our 3 yr old. There was a happy hour on at the pool bar every day 12-1pm and they also sold a good selection of ice creams and lollies. There was also a great ball pit, climbing frame, soft play type thing up the stairs from the pool which was great for getting the children out of the sun for an hour in the afternoon. There was also various bits of activities on during the day, I think I saw shooting and archery and also a game where you have to pick up sticks off the ground without moving any others.
Children's Club - There was a club but our children didn't attend. Our youngest was too young and I think our eldest would have been the oldest had he joined in. It was all Spanish children who went in and our 8 yr old is just a bit too shy to mix. There was also a mini disco on an evening, we popped our head in one night but didn't stay for long. The room was unbearably hot and the children who were in there were just running wild chasing balloons around, to be honest this was 9.30pm too and just a bit too late for our little one.

Check- Out - unfortunately we had to check out really early for our 7.05am pick up. The man on reception was lovely and even gave us a couple of bottles of water for our journey and a suitcase padlock.

For us this hotel is in a perfect location, away from the hustle of the new town. Most evenings we had a walk into the Old Town and enjoyed the feeling of being in Spain.

We would most definitely return to this hotel, it's a high rise, but is not a big hotel, the receptionists always had a hello for you when you walked past and the staff in the restaurant were lovely. I must give a special mention to Paqui who really took time to make a fuss of our children, she was lovely, especially when my 3yr old met her with 'ola Paqui' every time he saw her.

Room Tip: We have had 1003 and 1103, both which had great sea views. 1003 seemed a much larger room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RuthH
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Ruth,

What an absolute pleasure to read your review and to have had you stay with us once again in the Best Western Hotel Victoria. with your husband and family.

I am really happy that you enjoyed the food, we have made a number of changes over the last few months and it’s good to have positive feedback from guests who have been here before and after, so thank you very much. Our drink prices are very good and many guests comment the same.

Your overall stay and use of facilities appears to have ticked all the boxes and your review will of course be shared with all the team.

I thank you for taking so much time in writing a detailed review Ruth, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Ana Martinez- Manager