“quiet and boring”

Ranked #99 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Belfast, United Kingdom
“quiet and boring”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

just returned .from mar blau..staff at reception very helpful..not sure about bar or restaurant staff,they were ok...this is where the spanish holiday..so when myself 2 daughters and 4 yr old walkd into restaurant,we where starred at,as if theyd never seen white people b4,that was off putting,got a sea view but with 2 toddlers we had to take second floor instead of 7th,(thats where they where going to put us,,7th floor,i said no,),,I wudnt return..intertainmen twas a guy standing in the corner with a key board or guitar,,lol...

Room Tip: ask for wifi code,it works,,turn the key round on switch in your room,thats the air con
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank samantha d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Drymen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just returned from a week stay.Paid for sea view got a corner room with just about enough room on balcony for two people. Fantastic location and view.Room cleaned every day and it was to a resonible standard. staff am afraid was a hit and miss, cannot say they were all rude because we meet a fantrastic bar man and the young lady in restraurant was super efficient, Yes there are a lot of Spanish people at this Hotel and this area of Benidorm but agree if you try to speak some of there language they generally were ok.Food was TERRIBLE paid all inclusive and ate out most sittings. Must recommend Coach and Horses bar just down from hotel staff were fantastic food was perfect and prices great, So to sum up resonable hotel just go self catering definately.Would i revisit unfortunately I have to say NO.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julia2407
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

stayed here for a week just me and my nine year old son. paid extra for a sea view- wow the view was fantastic.
Great air con ( cant change the temp, you either switch it on or off but when on it was very good, and not too noisy).
location - ideal for old town and poinente beach.
cleanliness - cleaned daily at a time that suited us and done very well.
staff - looked scarey but if I smiled and talked to them they were very polite and friendly. British people are very much a minority here.
didnt eat in hotel so can't comment on food.
ate out at several 'tripadvisor' recomended places - including coach and horses, sherrys, rays chippie, grannies tea house - would recommend them all!
beach very nice - swept every night but my pet hate- people keep leaving their cigarette buts everywhere - why? my son would be making a sancastle and come across several ciggie butts!
back to the hotel - walls quite thin, could hear almost every word of the conversation of the people in the next room to us.
beds very hard - but actually we slept very well, and needed to use the extra blankets due to the great air con!
no swimming pool, but I knew that. you can use the pool in the sister hotel (hotel Fleming) a few mins walk away- we tried it once, its on the rooftop and quite small but okay. very little shade so we didnt stay long and instead opted for the warm ( yes warm!) sea and paid 4 euros for a bed each and a further 4 for an umbrella.
This 'side' of Benidorm is heaving with Spanish ( and why not, its their country!) and I guess you could feel a little intimidated, but I much prefer it to the levante side, and like I say, smile, be polite and you'll be fine!
would I come back to the Mar Blau? Probably not as I spent £1400 for a week for the 2 of us and I guess for that money would expect a bit more. ( this did include flights from Glasgow though ) like
I said, it was fine, not the best, but certainley not the worst!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank julie196501
Wigan
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Where to start.....myself n 2 boys given a room no bigger than a garden shed, offered another.... No air conditioning or patio, the room smelled so bad!! II complained n was offered a sea view room for €68, having no other choice I paid. The food was horrendous, service n staff poor and ignorant, even expected to clear own plates!! No entertainment or video games, Internet machine kept breaking down. The 'All inclusive' I paid for only included beer, wine and soft drinks ( that I was told by staff in the hotel) and finished at 11pm. Was told that throughout the day on all inclusive there would be snacks available.....this was bread rolls! Never again!!!!

Room Tip: Dont go.....I have put swimming pool as terrible because it didnt have 1, although I was told by the...
2 Thank Dianne R
OnaSolHotels, Director Comercial at Port Mar Blau, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
With regards to your comments of the Hotel Mar Blau, we do not advertise a Swimming pool within the Hotel, I am sorry for your disappointment in expecting to find one. With regards to the food, we cater for all nationalities offering a varied International cuisine in the free buffet, including hot and cold dishes with a 14 day menu cycle. The snacks also include salads, hot and cold variety of food and fruit. We try our best to cater for all tastes nationalities and I am sorry to hear that these did not meet with your expectations. I can inform you that our Customer questionnaires indicate a high level of satisfaction. We do not have a record of your disappointment registered in the Mar Blau during your stay.

With regard to the Vista Oro, we do allow guests to stay in the garden area late in the evening, providing other clients who choose to sleep are not disturbed. On the occasion you comment, we received various complaints from other guests with regards to the noise being caused in the garden. Noise which included the use of an iphone on loudspeaker with music playing, raised voices and laughter. With all due respect we have to consider all our guests well being. Since the security guards plea and warnings for the noise level to be controlled on various occasions and these were not adhered to he was left no choice but to inform the police, which is the protocol we follow in these circumstances.

Should you have any further comments with regards to your stay I will be happy to hear these.

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just spent a week at the Mar Blau and have to agree with the comments made by tmadi .we also ate out most nights as the food was dreadful our 12 yr old granddaughter had chips and gravy the 3 nights we did eat in the restaurant no cold drinks unless you payed for them .the hotel staff very friendly but when we tried to order a cocktail from the bar they had no drinks to make one ,the hotel is very faulty towers !! décor very dated, but cant complain about the location ideal for the beach etc Sadly the resort itself is quite dirty and the smelly drains don't help my daughter and myself both have come home with gastric stomachs so as a family we wont be going back to Benidorm.

Room Tip: Sea view room
blackpool lancashire
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks in the Mar Blau.
Position was perfect - directly opposite the beach. Hotel was kept nice and clean, but could do with a bit of updating.
Food was the let down - bizzare combinations - and although we were all inclusive, we ate out of the hotel 7 of the 14 nights.
Reported balcony light needed replacing - took almost a week - finally done on our last night! However - when the air con broke down, that was sorted within the hour
Enjoyed our stay but don't think we'd return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay for a seaview - def worth the money
2 Thank tmadl
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was excellent hotel for the price food , staff ,rooms with sea view were excellent , very clean nice bar and lounge very central for old town will go back again bar nearby called Bar Antons nice clean friendly bar nice beer and a Tapas with every drink bought

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple