“Great hotel but a dissapointing mistake” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel RH Princesa

Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Great hotel but a dissapointing mistake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is excellent, the food ,entertainment and service were all first class at an amazing price. My only dissapoinyment was, our party went there to practice bowls and we took the precaution of asking the hotel if this facility was available and received the following reply confirming that it was.
"Si tendremos el servicio de bowls disponible para las fechas que usted desea."
On our arrival we were told that it was not possible as the artificial green was being used for children due to arrive later in the week. As we could have made our booking for different dates anyway we found this to be a let down, especially as we were planning to bring a party of 30 or so from our club next winter.
But, if you want a well run hotel in Benidorm (without bowls) you will not go far wrong choosing this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank doremouse22
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Doremouse22,

Thank you for writing about stay at the Hotel RH Princesa and a “great hotel”.

As you know we are investigating what happened with the bowling and will be in touch in due course.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and all other aspects of the hotel,

We certainly hope we can welcome you back again in the future and that you will be able to enjoy our bowling in the winter season,

Hotel RH Princesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a good hotel for Benidorm old town but not necessarily for people with walking difficulties as it is up a hill from the main road and the beach, also coaches drop you off on the main road and you then have to carry or wheel your luggage to the entrance. The staff on reception where very pleasant and check in swift.
The bedroom we had was on the 11th floor and the room overlooked the pool area and a residential apartment block with a view of the sea between the gaps. The room itself was ok in the great scheme of hotel rooms nothing much to write home about the bathroom was extremely tired looking very 80s in tiling some of which were cracked and mouldy the bath was a half size with a shower over, the shower head could do with a descale, the towels were fresh and changed daily the cleanliness of the bathroom needed to be done more thoroughly as on arrival there was a large black hair adhering itself to the tiles by the sink and then one stuck to the floor tiles one day , I guess it arrived on the mop from another room. The management did send up a kettle and cups to the room on arrival as I had emailed the hotel to find out if the rooms had them as a normal service which it isn't at this hotel they are only on request. 10 out of 10 for reading emails and acting on them.
The lifts are a bit frustrating at busy times as
they don't always stop when you have requested them you do eventually get one though as there a four to choose from two are larger so you can get more in them.
The dining room staff were very friendly and helpful they work well as a team and Natalie
was extremely pleasant when you arrived, one of the waitresses was extremely helpful when I accidentally knocked a glass of rosé wine over,most of the contents spilling over my partners shirt she saw the problem and acted swiftly and brought a spray over and sprayed the stain thankfully it worked and the stain has gone when the shirt was washed. She was a credit to the hotel. The dining room experience was not the best otherwise it is very canteen like again could do with an upgrade as the paint on the ceiling was peeling in places. The ingredients for the menu were good but put into the hands of the catering staff came out mediocre the food was barely hot at times and there were no hot plates to put it on, there was a microwave to re warm it if you wanted to but not what you would expect to do in a 4 star hotel, breakfast was perhaps the best meal of the day except for the toasters that didn't toast on the first run through of the bread and twice through you got a burnt side and a golden side even if you tried to be clever and turn the bread over on the second run through. Why can't hotels get a decent toaster that does the job? If you want a quiet dining room experience to enjoy what food you have I suggest dining early at all meals because if you dine at busy times the decibel level in the dining room is unbelievably noisy and you end up making it worse for having to talk louder to combat it.
The outdoor pool area is better than some hotels although I guess in high season it could get busy, and the indoor pool and treatment centre has a 6 euro charge for 2 hours if you want to use it, it isn't free a shame really as it felt as if you weren't welcome to use it as a guest where other hotels we have stayed at in the winter months you are able to use the indoor pool as part of your package with the hotel.
All in all we had a good holiday at this hotel for what we had paid for it and should it come up again at a reasonable price I would consider giving it another go, would I choose it against others of a similar star rating in the same area at a full price rate then possibly not as I think we could do better. I have tried with this review to be as honest as I can and I don't wish to knock the people who work here who are doing a good job in bad economical times and I guess like the rest of us are having to give more for less and still keep up standards. It's not the worst hotel in Benidorm but its not the best.
At least the sun was out for the week and it made a change from a week at home in the cold.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Travelomet
Good Morning Travelomet,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our Hotel RH Princesa.

We have taken note of all your feedback and will do our very best to improve in areas highlighted.

We have passed your excellent feedback to Natalie and the Restaurant team, too.

S.Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My Wife and I had a 2 week holiday at this hotel In March 2013 , I have only one word to describe our room,---------Rubish!,if I never go on holiday again I would not go there again, free,. The dust in the room was disgusting I slid my finger on the surface of the bedside phone and my finger was covered by dirty dust, I had the same dust on the soles of my room slippers, I looked under the bed, and it was obviously dusty and dirty. Another problem was the transport from and to the airport, on arriving at the airport, we were transfered at one of the drop off Hotels, and taken to our hotel by taxi, and on the return in the early morning, picked up around 7: 00 AM, by a taxi and Dropped off near a Hotel and had to wait in the bitter cold on the pavement, with our cases for a bus to turn up to continue to the airport. We are both over 70 years and did us no good at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wilmar83
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Wilmar83,

I am so sorry to read your review and would appreciate very much is you could contact us by mail and let us know which room you have occupied in the Hotel.

We have checked our records and have no record than anyone has reported such a matter to reception. I am guessing this you didn’t bring this to our attention. I can tell you this is very unusual for us to have a complaint about cleanliness and we want to be able to investigate the matter and make sure this does not happen again.

I cannot comment on your transfer this service is not provided by the hotel,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just back from 5 nights at RH Princesa. This is a perfectly fine hotel and fitted the bill for our short trip to the sun. It's very clean and while the first impressions of our room were not brilliant (would have preferred a higher floor) - there was absolutely no noise and it was handy being on the first floor as did not have to wait for lifts. Half board was fine, the food was of a good standard - the salads were especially lovely - and the usual buffet style provided plenty choice for anyone. At this time of year the demographic of the guests is probably average age 60 and due to the holiday in the area on the Tuesday - was full of Spanish guests in the main.
Benidorm itself was unexpectedly pleasant, no doubt helped by the gorgeous weather. OK so has its fair share of 'British' pubs and holiday makers spending their every waking hour at a bar, but apart from that, the sun shone, the beach was beautiful and the ambiance relaxed. Everyone just wants to have a good time. And we did.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be exactly the same, apart from the view from higher floors. So if you w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katheross
Good Afternoon Katheross,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Princesa, after your “perfectly fine” short trip to the sun.

We did in fact have a Spanish bank holiday last week and the weather was pretty good too! Very nice to hear you enjoyed the food and that the hotel fitted the bill for you. Benidorm is a great place and the age range of clientele changes with the seasons.

Yes, everyone wants a good time, glad you did too!

Come back soon to receive a warm welcome from all the team,

queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 4 night stay , only short walk to the beach
Manly elderly people away from the cold in northern Europa
Very good value considering all food is included Breakfast Lunch and dinner
The bar is very good value especially at happy hour time

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hudsonQueensland
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Hudson Queensland,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Princesa for your short 4 night stay with us. We are grateful you have taken time to write a few words and we are happy that you had a very good value break, good service and enjoyed yourselves.

We hope to see you again soon,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the Princesa during the summer last year both myself and my mam are in agreement that it was a great hotel however it was not what we were particularly looking for in our holiday. As I had never been to Benidorm before and my mam had only been when she was 18 years old with friends, we didn't realise the old town was the quieter end. All the staff were excellent, always polite and willing to help if we had any problems, especially one of the younger girls in the restaurant downstairs as she was the main English speaker. The bar staff also helped to create a friendly atmosphere, serving you with a smile and making conversation with the bit of English they knew. We would also recommend anybody to try their range of cocktails, as they became a nightly favourite of ours. However just as others have commented above the hotel is mainly full of Spanish families therefore it was sometimes difficult to do basic tasks such as asking if a chair was being used or to say excuse me to somebody, quite a few times we were answered with blank stares. The only English couple we met, funnily enough lived in Sunderland which isn't that far from our town back home. The only other complaint we would have about the hotel is the lifts, our room was on the 8th floor so trying to get the pool in the morning or down for dinner in the afternoon was horrendous. As these were both busy times of the day we stood for up to 20 minutes at one point before deciding to walk down the 9 flights of stairs, I have no idea how long we would have been there if we'd waited for the lift. If somebody on a floor higher than you pressed the button for the lift you were automatically over rided and it would go straight to them, to make it worse the lifts calculated the weight in them, if it was too heavy the doors would not close until people got out, therefore the lift would be too heavy by the time it got to our floor and go straight to drop people off at the restaurant by passing us numerous times. Entertainment on a night time was average, more aimed at entertaining children than others guests which isn't a bad thing for all the families there, also the majority of it was in Spanish so the times we did stay in the hotel we had to guess what was going on. We quite often went to the new town on night times therefore it would have best suited us to be abit closer to that part of benidorm.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello Charlie Elizabeth,

Thank you for your review, better late than never, as they say!

It is very nice to hear that you found our staff to be excellent and polite and I will pass your kind comments to Natalie who is our English speaking young lady. Our bar staff with be equally pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails.

I can say that we have many British guests in the Hotel in fact over the last few months we have more British guests than other nationalities. We are aware of the lifts when the hotel is full and are taking measure to rectify this.

I can understand if you prefer the new town area, but if you visit Benidorm don’t forget to drop by for one of your favourite cocktails,

Many thanks once again for taking time to write a review,

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband, son, his wife and my 3 year old Grandaughter. The coach cannot drop outside as the road is too narrow. It is a three minute walk up a short incline. Perhaps not suitable for very elderly or disabled. Location wise a couple of bars and a convenience store within 30 seconds of hotel and 5 mins down a slight hill to nearest bars. However, to get to the 'New' Benidorm it's a comfortable 10 min walk and the same to the beach and Old town. Bus stop 5-7 mins away serving a wide range of places and much cheaper than organised trips.
The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, comfy beds! There is free air conditioning and tv showing a handful of British channels inc BBC and ITV. The bathroom had a bath and powerful overhead shower and was kept to a perfectly acceptable standard. The views are simply of other high rise buildings. You need to be sea front to get anything different really. We were full board and food was plentiful. The choice was good, however restrictive if you didn't like pork or fish. It was always hot and there was a chef cooking the dish of the day to order. We found lunchtimes much more varied than the evening. Breakfast was excellent. The timings were more than accommodating.
This is without doubt a predominantly Spanish hotel, they are the bulk of the visitors. This reflects in the food choices and especially the evening entertainment which was mainly some form of live music playing songs suitable to ballroom or country style dancing. Line dancing was taught most days. The mini golf is tiny and set on the outdoor bowling green. It's good for young children, but not much else. The outdoor pool is small as is the area surrounding it. However it was always very clean and well kept.
I found reception to be helpful, if just a little abrupt and there was a distinct lack of information about the hotel within the hotel! The surrounding neighbourhood was clean and appeared very safe. No noise at night as not near any clubs.
There is a mini bar fridge in the room and with some juggling of stock, we had enough room to store fresh milk and some bits. All in all a good hotel. No real grumbles or issues. A more varied entertainment programme would have been appreciated, but if that's all there is to grumble at, then really it's not bad.
Would definitely recommend as excellent value for money. Be aware of the points I have mentioned and you'll have a great time. Benidorm was very quite. Almost nothing was open and even small bars were closed up. Absolutely nothing for children in venues in the evening and it was the school holidays.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank annie11
Good Morning Annie,

From a warm and sunny Benidorm. Thank you for spending time to write about your holiday at the hotel RH Princesa.

Very nice to hear that your found the hotel clean and comfortable, with comfy beds and a good and plentiful choice of food.

We have actually had a high volume of British guests in fact more than our national guests. Thank you for recommending our hotel and mentioning the excellent value for money. We hope to welcome you back again and sometime in the near future,