“Hotel location great, rooms good, food and entertainment was very disappointing”
Review of Presidente Hotel

Presidente Hotel
Ranked #16 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had visited many hotels in Benidorm over a period of 10 years. I review all the hotels before I book and choose this hotel as it had very good ratings and was centrally located. We arrived on the 1st Dec and as requested received rooms close to the lift as my husband has trouble walking. Due to a late flight we missed the evening meal but was given a packed lunch on arrival. We had 2 rooms booked, both for adults and they were clean and of a standard size. There was a tv in the room but we got very little UK stations on it so didn' t watch much of it. We was very disappointed with both the entertainment in the hotel and the food quality. First regarding the entertainment it consisted of the same singer every evening on an organ he wasn't even playing. They did advertise a bird show one evening but as this was'nt on half an hour after stated we went else where. Across the road from the hotel is the Venus, further up is the Helios and around the corner the Orange. All these hotels had different entertainment on of an evening so I didn't understand why the Presidente didn't cater for the guest in the same way. The Venus and Orange also did 24hr 2for1 on their drinks and these were all good measures and not local stuff. All the other hotels were packed out during the entertainment times, at the Presidente you could count the people in the bar on your hands. This speaks for itself. You may wonder how I know this if we was else where but I went back on 2 occasions to get my medication and there was no one in the bar. Now for the food, I don't understand how people rate it. This is the worse food I have had. I am not saying it was awful just that it was not anywhere as good as other hotels I have stayed at which were also in the catergory 3/4 star, so I would'nt expect them to be any different. I can say with all honesty my husband ate soup and roll every single meal times. Followed by ice cream or ricepudding. Breakfast was ok but I always had to warm it up. I love my food on holiday and I just did not find the quality or variety in this hotel was of a good standard. I have never had lamb chops so large with nothing on them, fish in a green sauce or choice of potato being chips almost every time and nothing else. I have also never been in an hotel where they didnt do any show cooking to give you a further choice. The starter choice was 1 soup and the sweet menu was always the same, icecream, a plain cake decorated with either cream or chocolate, rice pudding which you had to warm up yourself, one jelly and cream or custard to decorate. I was really looking forward to this holiday as my sister had just finished treatment for her illness and it was to give her a break after the long struggle she as had and the summer holiday she missed out on. We also spoke to guest in the restaurant to see what their opinion was. We spoke to a lady from the Netherlands who said she had been coming for years and she said this was her last time as the quality had gone down and down. This seemed to be the opinion of most of the returning guest to.
In comparison to all the other hotel I have stayed at in Benidorm and the the ones I visited whilst we stayed at the Presidente, it was below average. I will visit Benidorm again but I will not revisit the Presidente as I found it very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrstravelexpert
There are newer reviews for Presidente Hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Presidente was excellent. Great value for money. Good location and in close proximity to the beach. Food in the hotel was excellent, everything you could wish for! Outdoor swimming pool, covered in the winter- great for us pensioners to keep fit :).

Room Tip: Higher floor, overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buenviajes
Reviewed December 13, 2012

went to the presidente in november2012 the hotel was very good bright clean spacious the room we had was a bit on the small side but hey you dont go on holiday to sit in the room/ the food was excellent plenty of variety every day i cant praise this hotel highly enough and would reccomend it to anyone

Room Tip: i had a room on the seventh floor overlooking the street and it was nice and quite much more fun peo...
3  Thank tiss25
Reviewed December 12, 2012

wentto benidorm in october last day changed hotel to president ideal location eveything you want within 10 minute walk of hotel even has its own show room tells you what is on and times artise appear food out of this world rooms very comfy could not find any faults with this hotel have already booked for april 2013

Room Tip: rooms above 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JAMES S
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a great time here the food was good and the hotel staff from the cleaners to the manager could not do enough for you one in particular a chap called Fernando in the restaurant i think he could have made you laugh at a funeral,If you fancy eating out there were numerous continental restaurants with in walking distance and the night life the clubs and tribute bands + comedians you are surrounded by them all with in five minutes walk,This time of year though warm in the day time but you need a coat on the night to walk any where.If i had to say any bad things it would be about the the gypsy"s that seem to hang about quite intimidating at time"s maybe just me though being wary of them. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get the lower floors even in the off season you seem to wait for a lift ages
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here overnight while visiting Benidorm. Excellent value for money for the two of us. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food excellent. Close to all amenities. We visited some clubs which were right on the doorstep, and a stroll along the beach was just a short walk away.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

have just returned from this hotel after a seven day break and found the food o/k and there was always something to suit most peoples needs the hotel itself was a bit dated but you only get what you pay for my wife and i found the staff very friendly exept for one person at the reception called Berneze i think this person is definatley in the wrong line of work we found her very rude and very unco-operative from arriving to leaving we found her not a very good ambassador to promote this hotel

Room Tip: choose a room at the front of the hotel as there is not much to see faceing onto the pool bareing in...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple