“happy holiday”

Hotel Benidorm Plaza
Ranked #31 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed October 22, 2013

first time have stopped in this hotel but will certainly use again. central for all beaches, the old and new town, local buses and the railway station. hotel used by a lot of Spaniards but did not interfere with our enjoyment, and, we are in Spain. Food excellent, room clean and spacious, and staff helpful and friendly. Great for those who like shopping and a bingo hall quite close.

1  Thank StHelensGeordie_boy
hotelbenidormplaza, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Benidorm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Helen,

Thank you very much for your nice comment about your stay with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Returned yesterday19th October.Booked through Tomsons and I cannot fault their efficiency and professionalism. Arrived at the Benidorm Plaza on time and was allocated the room on the floor I had requested. The hotel is spotless, the staff are second to none . We were greeted like you would your family it was as if we had never been away. I must congratulate all the staff including Rosio and staff in the dining room. The food is very good and well presented. Juan and co in the bar. Monica who presents the entertainment and last but not least the manager Mr Ramos The treatment and welcome at the Benidorm Plaza makes you feel special and My wife and I will return next year.

Room Tip: Poolside is good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peddler2
hotelbenidormplaza, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Benidorm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Peddler,

First of all we would like to thank you for your stay at the Benidorm Plaza, and for your congratulations for all our staff. They work very hard; and a smile or a congratulation is very appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you again. Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have just returned (with my mother as a treat mainly for her - although I really enjoyed Benidorm as well!) from a brilliant 2 week stay here (24/9/2013 - 8/10/2013) as part of a Thomson holiday package on a half-board basis on our first ever trip to Benidorm. Although on first glance it may not seem as "flash" as some of the other hotels, I found all of the facilities to be excellent (including the added bonus of free Wi-fi) and the hotel is in a superb location for the old town (5 mins walk). All the staff were very helpful and friendly (the reception staff seemed able to answer any of my questions with a minimum of fuss), the dining facilities (buffet style) excellent and the rooms and other areas of the hotel clean (spotless), bright and modern. We stayed in a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the back of the hotel and the entertainment area which was great for those evenings when we felt just like sitting on the balcony soaking in the atmosphere (although the entertainment does move indoors from 1st October). I would also like to say that this hotel's entrance is on a level access to the road (no steps) which for someone like myself who has a slight disability, is great as I can't always cope with too many steps. The only fault I would point out is the size of the lifts - quite small - which can be a bit of a tiresome wait when using at peak periods and when using with luggage. When venturing out - the bus stops are quite near - you go down a path at the side of the hotel as a shortcut - the No 10 bus goes to Altea which is about 20 mins from Benidorm and also you can get the bus (can't remember whether it's the No 1 or No 2) to the train station (only a few mins away) where you can get the modern tram to either Alicante or Denia - great views! All in all - an excellent holiday - and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the entertainment area which is great if you like that s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank billyblondehill

Dear guest,
And we can't wait for welcoming you back again!! Thank you for your nice comment at Tripadvisor.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

have stayed here before so won"t repeat every thing.Worth returning to though.we had a very chilled out stay. enjoyed the whole week. good value for money! clean room good size plenty of space for your needs good shower hot !! food wise plenty of choice no problems.avoid the pasta dishes way over salted.all the staff we dealt with were very pleasant as we were to them being polite costs nouthing.good bar service nice bar area plenty of seats.entertainment is a non starter they don't appear to have any decent funding for this.a decent mix of clientele but overall Spanish so its aimed at them.i think they would all moan other wise as they are all a lot older than some of us.enjoyed the flamenco only ignored the rest or went out.hotel is near the old town so if that's what you want its ideal.but be warned this area is nearly all Spanish if you want more English entertainment you won"t find it here. pool area small but nice.bit of sun in late after noon due to other tall blocks.beach not far though and it is a nice beach!! good base for your needs not to noisey at night although I don't get why the same people walk the streets for hours on end may be to avoid spending money I suppose ? our balcony faced the front .not been in October before weather out standing lovely and warm. my only gripe would be for us a lot of old people were staying and the constant sight of shuffling. walking sticks.elec wheel chairs. bingo wings .too much flesh on show grew tiresome.i know I will be old one day but im not taking our in a old folks home!! still enjoyed our hols though choose wisely.

Room Tip: low floors!! lifts are over taken by the less mobile who get confused and move one floor at a time.
2  Thank altitudeCheshire

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback about your stay with us. We are glad to read that you found it was worth returning and we hope that you will return many more times.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have just returned from a great week in Benidorm Plaza where we experienced excellent value, excellent service and excellent facilities and location.

Before we went we looked at the reviews for a laugh and I am ashamed sometimes to be British when I read such drivel.
Plastic beaker so my toothbrush wouldn't stand up;
The sea was not the same colour as in the Thomson video;
Due to the high rise buildings you just got sat on the sunbeds and the sun moved
Spanish people and Spanish food - what do you expect for heaven's sake. Its in Spain and Spanish people are lovely. Try a few 'holas' and a Buenos dias', they go a long way;
And one person who spent the entire review complaining about the rain - what, did it only rain in the Benidorm Plaza?
And many more!

So I have written a song to be sung to the tune of Buddy Holly's Raining in my Heart.

The sun has moved
The sea's not blue,
There's Spanish People and Spanish food,
And its raining, raining in my room,

Oh misery, misery
I wish I had gone to Blackpool with cold sea.

My toothbrush just will not stand up,
No English beer for me to sup,
And its raining, raining in my room.

Oh misery, misery
Next time it will be Southend-on-sea.

Only Paella and fish,
Only three meats dish,
Not real fish and chips,
And garlic dips,
And its raining in my room.

Well done to everyone there for a great stay. Especially the outside bar manager who helped me with my Spanish and gave us a laugh.

Room Tip: Old side 6 floors up was great
9  Thank AST9999
hotelbenidormplaza, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Benidorm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your funny song :)
We could learn from your mood. It's a pleasure to have customers like you.
Muchas gracias y hasta pronto!!

Best regards
Anouk Petit - Assitant Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have just returned from this Hotel and must say we could not fault the cleanliness especially our room which had clean sheets, towels and washed floors every day. The food was fresh and nice and all the staff were very friendly. However we must warn you about the THIEVES. Although the reps tell you about the pickpockets they don't mention the numerous thefts that have occurred on the BEACH. Never leave your bags unattended and keep them in sight always. We went into the sea together for 15 minutes and when we returned our bags had been stolen. LOADS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ROBBED THERE, SO BEWARE. The sunbed Man could not give a monkeys which makes you wonder why.

Dear Rob and Sue,
Thank you very much for your nice comment about your stay at the BenidormPlaza.
Instead we are sorry for the inconveniences you suffered at the beach. We hope that this will not be a reason for stop visiting Benidorm and of course us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again. Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just returned from a one week stay at the Benidorm Plaza. There were mainly spanish clientle for this particular week. We were full board and found 8pm opening time a bit on the late side for our evening meal and the quality of food was average, glad we were there only a week could not have eaten there for much longer.
on a positive note the restaurant and bar Staff were in the main really friendly and polite and had a lot of rapport with returning guests.

The swimming pool was ok not the most inviting didnt seem to get much use from mainly elderly guests.

Entertainment was naff, mainly geared around the spanish guests who were extremely rude.

Rooms were of good standard with good fittings, lifts stuggle a bit with demand during meal times

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 504147Scottyd

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comment. We are sorry to read that you do not consider us a 4 stars hotel and that you didn't like te food. Normally the B.Plaza is famed for the food. We try to have entretainment for both nationalities, but it is very difficult to please everyone.
We would like to see you again at the B Plaza.