All reviews red dog cafe benidorm pool view great hotel night life excellent location bars and clubs central location hen weekend clean rooms early hours old town maid service every day short break noisy at night air con cleaned every day
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

4th visit to this establishment and it's got better breakfast room been done out and the food has improved too great value for money if you arnt a snob and want a comfy bed nice breakfast and don't want to spend a fortune this is one for you!!

1  Thank Roger H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in the Perla for a little 2 night break with my niece. The hotel was spotlessly clean not just in reception, as is the case in some hotels!!. The rooms were roomy the bathroom was really nice, good shower. Hairdryer provided as are little bottles of shampoo and bars of soap. We were in room 201 which was a corner room overlooking the pool area. A lovely big balcony that went around the corner. The pool area didn’t seem to get a lot of sun, may have been the time of year. Not sure if smoking is allowed in the rooms, didn’t see any signage, and there was an ashtray provided on the balcony. We were half board, you have breakfast in the Perla, but you have to go next door to The Marina for lunch and dinner. The food was nice in both establishments, but could have been hotter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view and corner room.
Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived via plane devise to the land of Spain and then 23hours later we got to the hotel. Pablo wanted to play hide and seek with the taxis. Fuming to say the least. Upon arriving at our bed station we were welcomed by Juan Pablo Esteban with a cold tangy estrella. Absolute proper bloke mind. Would highly recommend his services of bottle top removing (he’s also the maintainer man). Only down side was the pool being colder than the arctic circle. When one jumped in the “twins” went to places that I never knew existed. As for the food, one can’t really advice as I was knee deep in beer and Brenda from Hartlepool and no way of waking up on time. although I’ve been informed it was alright. To sum up proper gaff location was super duper. Best wishes xx

3  Thank leen127
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Don't let the 2* rating put you off. This hotel is immaculately clean, lovely soft towels changed daily and in a great location if you want to be close to the action. One thing I would advise is to try and get a room overlooking the pool. The rooms on the front are directly across from The Red Dog Bar which can get really noisy until the early hours (4 AM). All in all, a great stay

1  Thank Southportroamer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Perla. We have stayed here a couple of times before but before the refurbishment.
Location:
The location is very central and one street away from the strip and the square.
Staff:
All staff are very friendly from reception to bar staff. A particular mention to Juan Carlos the barman in the terrace bar. He looks very stern but turned out to be very friendly and funny. He helped me with my poor efforts at spanish.
Rooms:
We were in room 101 on the first floor. It was a corner room with a massive L shaped balcony overlooking the pool on 1 side and the bar on the other. There is a tv with english channels BBC ITV etc but you have to pay a deposit of E10 for the remote which is returned to you in full on departure. The safe costs E3 per day with a E3 returnable deposit. My only gripe is that there is air con in the room but ours was not working. When I enquired at reception I was told that they control when it is available. I think it was only turned on for 1 day during our stay so we had to sleep with the balcony door open. Surely we should be allowed to decide whether we are too hot or not!
The bathroom has a great powerful walk in shower, but no bath. Shower gel and shampoo are provided along with a hairdryer. Beds were comfortable with extra pillows and blankets available in the wardrobe. There is plenty of hanging space and drawers.
The rooms are cleaned daily and were spotless. There is free wi-fi which is a bonus.
Facilities:
There are 2 bars in the hotel one on the outside terrace and one by the pool which doubles as the restaurant for breakfast. The pool bar serves food, burgers, pizza, toasties etc. The pool doesn't get the sun until later in the day but we used the facilities in the Marina next door which gets the sun all day round.
Food:
We were B&B so can't comment on the Lunch and Dinner which are served in the Marina Hotel next door. However, the breakfast was excellent with lots of choice from full English to continental style, tea, coffee, juices and entertainment from the waiter who is always happy happy happy :-)
Tip:
If you want to use the Lagoon pool at the Sol Pelicanos (The Solana in the Benidorm TV show) it is residents only and they check at the entrance, However if you get there before say 11am there is nobody checking. Bear in mind though if you go outside you may not be able to get back in.
All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending The Perla hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 01 are the corner rooms with the big balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple