“great hotel!”

Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Me and two other girls stayed here for a week. It was great, we loved it! The hotel was spotless. The food was of an excellent quality, although a little repetitive. However, you expect this when they have to cater for so many different tastes. The bar staff were wonderful, and brought some added entertainment to the holiday! There were a couple of loud parties, however, this is also to be expected in an all-inclusive adult only hotel! The spa was well worth the money! we had a one hour massage and 2 hours in the spa pool for 55 euros. Raquel is excellent!! So friendly and helpful, and definitely made the holiday! The old town, new town and beach are all just a short 5 minute walk away, brilliant for lazy days!

I would definitely recommend this holiday to anyone, as we are all now suffering major holiday blues!!

Room Tip: I think they are all the same, but we were third floor, non pool side and it was fine :) pool side m...
6  Thank rebecca l
Write a ReviewReviews (3,636)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a fantastic hotel this really is. The staff are polite and helpfull, the rooms are massive and as with the rest of the Hotel spotless, the free wifi is handy to use when skyping back home and making them jealous, and the food in the restauraunt is very good quality with no end of choice and something for everybody.
I do see some of the points about stag groups that some people have made, but barring from one group been rowdy at first, we never heard any noise in the day or evening.
This Hotel caters for couples and Large groups so be prepared for a mixed bag.
Quiet rooms are the top of the hotel and away from the lifts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just returned from a holiday to this place, had a great time once again (4th visit to the hotel). Staff all very nice, rooms spotless. Could not fault a thing about this hotel! We were there when the police were called for the stag party, not everybody was put out of the hotel but only some of them. Spoke to one of the stag do members two days later and he seemed to be enjoying the hotel, unlike his friend who did the previous review. Definitively booking again for later on year and next year, you cannot beat this hotel in Benidorm as it is one of the best in my opinions!! I don't know how anyone can award this hotel any less than 4 stars!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room in the Sandos Monaco hotel and spa!
1  Thank Tommy-Scotland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sandos Monaco from the 2nd May till the 9th May for my husbands 40th and my Uncles birthday, there was a group of eight and once we all checked in we where all impressed with the Sandos facitilies/staff/rooms and cleanliness and I would have had no qualms recomending this hotel however the holiday was somewhat ruined after me and my sister where physically attacked by what I can only describe as the female version of Rab C Nesbitt.
After a walk back from the old town with my sister we where waiting by the lifts to go upto our rooms when a bloated screaming banshee leaped from the lift screeching and grabbed my sister by the neck then slapped me across the face when I pulled her from my sister, her husband came and pulled her off us and apoligsed, apparantly in her drunken stupor she thought we had been 'canoodling' with her husband. We took the lift to the bottom floor until her screeching subsided and made our way back to reception to report the fact we had just been both physically attacked, however the man on reception told us to go to bed, which quite frankly I was disgusted at, bearing in mind that day a group of guys had been evicted from the hotel for being rowdy around the pool, had these lads attacked anyone? No, this woman had but nothing was done about it.
In the morning I went back down to reception to ask if CCTV was on the lift which I was told there was, I told the two ladies on reception what happened and was told to phone the police which I did but it seemed kind of pointless as I didn't no the womans name or room number, however when I described this woman to the girls on reception they described her husband to me and I told them yes that was them but still nothing was done, the next night I was sat in the top bar with my Mum and we saw the woman that attacked me and my sister with her group, so it seems this hotel tolerates their guests being physically attacked but doesnt tolerate people enjoying themselves being slightly rowdy, all in all it tainted what was a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gigglingeisha
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at Sandos Monaco for two weeks in April. We can't believe some of the bad reviews posted. We can honestly say this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff (restaurant, bars. cleaners etc) are the most friendly, funny and polite we have ever come across and could not do enough for you. We found the food and drink excellent and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. We had a room on the 16th floor and the view was fantastic. What more could you ask for. Booked up as soon as we came home to go over the New Year Period. Can't wait. Thanks to all the staff and management at this hotel for making our holiday one to remember.

Room Tip: Request room on 16th floor, great view and no noise from above.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank May and Dave S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

i have just returned from this hotel after staying there for 7 days and i have to say it is beautiful it has everything under one roof from relaxation in the spa circuit for a small fee of 10 euro a day for 2 hours we went twice , to fabulous food to plenty of own brand drinks which are all good.the bar staff were great always welcoming and happy especially pepe he was really friendly was nice to be able to not only be served by them but on departure of this hotel certain members of the staff were approaching us to say bye which was really nice, raquel is the hotel entertainer who organises everything from karaoke to dancing with different things to do. my only moan would be the spa prices for treatments although the spa circuit was so relaxing i found the ages ranged from early 20 to 90 which is always a good mix was mostly 40 plus and was the odd lively group but you find these leave to hit the night life which was a 5 minute walk as well as the beach, we did the select lounge while we were there which allows only silver band holders in to there own area which was lovely to have a quiet drink of branded alcohol and a small selection of snacks which were always topped up freshly. if your after a relaxing holiday its fab and if you want a bit of both its fab as it is so close to nightlife. rooms are also spacious.

Room Tip: we were on 7th floor which was great but i think a pool facing is better if your not a good sleeper...
3  Thank relax982
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel is in a great position, easy walk to beach and old town without any traffic noise. Very clean rooms, dinning area, reception, needs to keep pool area cleaner. Staff excellent, very good bar service, no queing, good quality drinks and food, especially breakfast. Lunch had good choice with cuts of meat off the bone. Great as no kids running around and no mess. Unfortunately, groups visiting this hotel spoil it. Spoke to manager, great, he is really trying to have a nice hotel but accepts that his party groups spoil it for the rest. Wish the bar staff would refuse to serve the idiots that get very drunk, very lound and have no respect but if more people brought this to the attention of the staff more would get done. Special award to Rachel, friendly and hard working. Only member of animation team but worked really well to get people involved. Bar staff were friendly but need direction as per point above. Would recommend this hotel, hope that groups are kept under control as they are the only down side to this holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor, very quiet as no traffic and very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple