Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel and Spa.
We chose this hotel for the write ups on Trip advisor( Voted the 6th Best in Benidorm ) , its location and value for money. Staying for a short 5 day / 4 night stay with Easy Jet 10th February 2013.We came with an open minded and we hoped for a little more sun( but it was February!!) and we left having enjoyed ourselves
Transfer to the hotel from the Airport approx. 1 hour ( without a rep, just a driver) went smoothly.No problem.
The hotel is ideally located in a partly residential area between the “British New Town End” and the “Old Town” of Benidorm. Great adults only hotel.
We were on a all inclusive package We opted for a higher floored with the hope of having a sea view, which we got albeit partly blocked by
high-rise flats / accommodation. I mention this as Benidorm,as you all know is predominately made up of high rise buildings ( especially the new part). BUT the majority are private flats, Not all hotels, which I was surprised with specifically for the local Spanish residents
The hotel was very clean,efficient and well managed. Room no issues with piping hot water ideal for a bath after a chilly walk .
Positives / Negatives
Great location , Spanish 4 star hotel ( 3 star UK ). Clean through out, with daily maid service to the rooms . Nothing was ever any problem with attentive staff through out.Out door pool to cold in February. BUT when we enquired we were told 10 euros to us the Indoor pool – We did not bother.
Restaurant Self Service . Food wide choice at breakfast,lunch and evening meal. Typical of any hotel yesterdays potatoes become potato salad next day etc. Food could have been hotter , but you could warm it up in a microwave! If you went Hungary then it was you who had a problem as there was such a great selection to suit all types of palettes.Bar busy down stairs before and after evening dinner. Note you pay extra for branded spirits ( as normal in All Inclusive ). No pints and great no lager louts . Upstairs bar ( closed in the evening)is in the conservatory overlooking a sun terrace / out door pool, becomes very loud and “echoey” when people are chatting ( similar to the noise in a indoor swimming pool). Predominately mini break residents and “long stayers” for 1 and 2 month duration. Note a lot of Spanish visited during out stay. The restaurant and bar catered for their needs before others especially when 150 Spanish tourists descended on the hotel all at once to book in Ouch!!( I felt sorry for the receptionists who were always so charming and knowledgeable ) . The entertainment was not to our liking Quizzes, Disco etc. but there was nothing wrong the organiser she was great fun,but we don't need to be entertained ? We will return one day and will recommend the hotel to our friends . as they say it ticked all the right boxes.
Over view of Benidorm.
Everywhere very clean and well maintained ( but they do have problem with all the graffiti on buildings out side the town)
We hated the new part of Benidorm 5 minutes from the hotel,not because it was 3/4 closed at this time of the year ( Starts opening in March ).But it was as all the TV programmes portray it as “Tacky”. Irish, Scottish, Welsh,English Bars,Pizza, Fish and chips Stag parties welcome etc. . aiming for the all important customers and their well earned Euro. In the height of the summer it will be !!!!!!!! Please note we expected it and to be honest with the hotel location if you wanted that sort of entertainment then it was 5 minutes walk away. But if it is what people want then they will get what they want.
On the other hand 5 minutes in the other direction from the hotel you will hit the old town which we preferred. Narrow streets, shops at great atmosphere with the hustle and bustle. Fantastic view from the peninsula to both main beaches There are another 2 beaches in Benidorm . Drinks outside the hotel were approximately 2 – 5 Euros each, but as cheap as 1 euro a drink ( depending on the location). Food very cheap all over catering for all needs . The old town was always busy with a lovely atmosphere. Try the train to Denea at only 6.40 euro return (each) great value and stunning coastal scenery for 1 1/2 hours each way.Try tapas Alley in the old town great fun and a wide selection of food for under 12 euro including drinks. Check out what is going on there is always a market on some where or a festival. We got involved in “Burying the Sardine” - a paper-mâché Sardine in a coffin with a Bishop and grieving relatives all dressed in black honestly it was so funny . The locals loved the fact we got involved and celebrated with them we have not laughed so much for a long time, Mix with the locals they will love you not for your euro , but because you can be bothered. Simply Benidorm caters for all walks and tastes of life from “Kiss me” quick, too up market restaurants. Visit with an open mind,walk up and down the promenade the beach is so clean and well maintained, explore both “towns” make your choice and you will have great fun. Remember what ever you are looking for Benidorm it has something for everyone somewhere . ( Keep your head down and ignore the high-rise flats / hotels and watch out for a buried sardine in the sand!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm