My husband and I arrived on the 31st December, really looking forward to a brilliant new year, as after reading previous reviews I thought that this would be an ideal hotel. What a mistake!! From arriving at the hotel at around 11.45 am, where I was informed that my room was not ready, which I was fine with at first, but after 1 hour I was really, really annoyed ( I had requested early check in???). The rude receptionist, who was busy booking in customers who had arrived after us and giving them their keys, finally threw a key at me, told me sign it and told me that she had giving me a new room...I was fizzing by then, very very rude... We finally got to our room only to find that the facilities that we had paid for (mini bar, bathrobes, tea & coffee etc) were missing....after having to go back down to the rude receptionist found out that we had been checked in incorrectly and that our facilities would be in our room within 1 hour, we also got our bands changed. We have stayed in many hotels around the world including many times in Benidorm and this is the worst hotel we have stayed in for bad customer service. Yes the hotel itself is very nice and the rooms were comfortable, but the reception, some of the bar and waiting staff were really rude. The service did spoil our holiday.. I would say that the staff at the Sandos Monaco need to visit the Hotel Royal in Benidorm to experience what excellent customer service is, especially the reception staff!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm