“Benidorm ?”

Apartamentos Luxmar
Ranked #83 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. On floor 6, 2 nice size rooms, bathroom basic, kitchen ok, balcony nice size. Do not come here if you want luxury, it's nice and basic, no A/C in our room, and no locks on patio doors, bar in hotel was nice, but some staff not helpful or interested in you, odd behaviour we you rely on people coming in to spend money?? Pool area is great nice sun trap I would have a bar area somewer close and use plastic cups as there some glass shards about, we booked on bookings.com and got a great deal. We didn't dine at hotel as plenty of bars, cafes and restarants. Clean rooms but we won't be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very basic but does the job. Cheap and cheerful. We were on the 8th floor but was two working lifts. Wifi works in reception and is free. We didn't pay the 50 euro room deposit but did see groups of girls and lads paying the deposit each. Overall a good stay but nothing fancy.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Luxmar was offucialy sold az a family friendly hotel as we had 2 children and was put next to a group of yung lads wen we arrived my sister in the next room disoverd boggies on the wall and was particulary un clean in mine and my moms room the balcony. Run from each side and had a cut out in the middle where therE looked like shud ave been flowers in there it eas knee high so a accident waiting to happen also the lift where breaking dwn so wasnt feeling using them oval a bit of a let dwn

2  Thank jimjamz3
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Dirty hotel, didn't see a single cleaner in the 3 nights we were there, I'm no snob but I think a decent standard of cleanliness isn't too much too ask for, I stayed there with a group of lads on the 24th August 2013 for 3 nights by the way, our room had an infestation of bed bugs and I am writing this now covered in bites, there was a hole under the bath which was home to a cockroach or 2 as well, can't comment on the pool as we didn't use it or the food but I didn't see one person eating there at all which might say something, the week before we stayed some Irish girls had there room robbed of valuables and passports due to reception giving out keys to someone who had walked off the street so I would advise to take the key with you even though reception don't like you to. All in all I wouldn't go back in a million years.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed in the Luxmar apartments from 16-19th aug with a group of 26 girl's for my hen weekend. Was very anxious about apartments as had read reviews however we were all pleasantly surprised.
Apartments basic but clean and had everything we needed for our stay. We didnt get any clean towels which was a bit of a pain for 4 girls sharing a room but we hung them out to dry each time we used them.
Pool area was great. Really quiet an again very clean. Not many sun loungers but we just bought a 5 euro lilo.
Drinks very cheap. Reception manned 24hrs a day. Staff friendly. Gave me a bottle of fizz on arrival.
Overall we had a great stay. I would go back for a weekend. It is perfect for that. It is good value for money.

1  Thank dch1984
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here in August with a group of friends the hotel was further away from the nightlife than we expected was a good 15-20 mins walk!! The pool area was bad had 2 small pools one was too deep to stand in and had no shallow end the other was a small children's pool but had no stairs to get in or out!! The pool area was always very quiet but there still wasn't enough loungers!! The rooms were ok nice big balcony although didn't attract much sun!! No air com so room was unbearably hot! Especially at night!! We were there 5 nights and didn't see a cleaner once!! No clean bedding or towels and we were expected to take our own bins out!! Bar cheap happy hour most of the day and u get 2 vodkas for 4 euros!! Staff not very friendly or helpful atall!! Overall I wouldn't return to this hotel or recommend it to anyone else

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the luxmar for 5 nights in July and we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The apartments were clean and well maintained with lovely big balconies and ours had fantastic views over the hills. The pool area was clean and fairly quiet compared to most hotels I've stayed in in benidorm. The reception was manned 24 hours a day and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The apartments are in a quieter area of benidorm about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the centre and the beach, so it is a bit of a walk but it's good because its nice and quiet, especially at night. There are a few bars and restaurants nearby and I'd definitely recommend the food at the Union Jack around the corner, it was amazing! I would definitely go back there again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013