“Don't do it!! Unless you want to lose all your belongings”

Apartamentos Luxmar
Ranked #87 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went for a stag do and within 2 hours of been there one room got done over and with no sign of a break in it screams inside job!! and then another lad got robbed down in the bar. Room never saw a cleaner in four days, the receptionist was so rude when we asked about clean towels. The rooms are dark and dinjay and when you 13 floors up you want abit more than a 2 foot wall to stop you plunging per the edge. Don't stop here unless you wan to lose more you belongings!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Pearson1987
There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Luxmar

Reviewed September 25, 2012

During my stay I badly damaged both my feet (which was my own fault).. When I returned to the Hotel, Amanda & Simon where fantastic. They did all they could to make sure I was ok and able to enjoy the rest of my time there. They even assisted me with a set of crutches which thankfully meant I could still get out and entertain the ladies!
I can't thank them enough and I'll be sure to mention this Hotel to anyone seeking hospitality in benidorm!
Matt

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank MattyLad8
Reviewed September 24, 2012

£375 each x 4 men x 4 nights for 1 bedroom and 2 couches only 1 wardrobe, could not lock patio doors and receptionist told us we wouldn't be robbed on the 9th floor then gave us our keys and soeone elses keys!
Paid 50 euro each deposit
Pool did not have depth markings on (over 6ft deep) and was freezing

2  Thank Jimmy B
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I booked a stag w/e 14 - 17 sept 20 guys !!! read reviews and thought I was going to get slaughtered by guys for taking them to (according to reviews) a shi*hole ...how wrong !! I have had nothing but praise it was a great w/e ...ok yes basic, but everything you needed ...Lady on reception so welcoming, did nothing but smile and could not do enough...check in swift even for 20 excited guys to deal with, had to wait for room a couple of hours as we arrived early but a free drink at the bar was welcome, yes 50 euro deposit but no qualms getting back on leaving, barmaid same smiles all day long ...drinks happy hour start 11.30 ....2. for 1 ...no robberies front door kept locked until you buzzed ...safes by reception desk... not hidden as said before ....clean all round bar, pool, patio, reception !...I agree with fact not suitable for families as mostly stag and hens ....other guys in our prty stayed in more expensive digs and said ours was far better so for the price you pay for this one you cannot go wrong ...yes no air con so maybe a little uncomfortable in mid Summer but one negative does not make a bad stay. ...believe me take no notice of negative / bad reviews ...20 odd guys cannot all be wrong .. go and enjoy !!!!!!!

Room Tip: we had 403 and all our group were around here with no problems so make your own mind up
4  Thank legendtomh
Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a group of seven lads, I can't fault the apartment for the price we paid. Cheap as chips, the rooms were cleaned before we arrived. The hotel has a €50 or £40 deposit per person. We rented one of the safety deposit boxes per room which was €4 rent and €10 refundable deposit (keep the receipt safe as it’s your insurance). The handle on the inside of our apartment door was a bit bust when we arrived in our room, we told the lady on reception that it was broke and it was fixed within a couple of hours.

We stayed for 4 days with not one bit of trouble at all. When we left we handed over the keys and got all of our deposits back, no arguments.

As for the rumour that "you have to clean your room": This depends on your definition of cleaning - for me putting your rubbish in the bins provided isn't really cleaning... it's simply not living like a tramp: They ask you (there's a notice on the front desk) to put the rubbish bags in the bin at the front, not really a chore as you'll pass it more than once a day.

For me and my party there wasn't anything to complain about at all, we had some where to sleep and shower without any trouble and even sleeping with the patio doors open minimal noise. The balcony doors do lock (at least they did in our rooms).

If we did Benidorm again, I'd happily stay here - You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: > Seems like the apartments on the corners have larger more secure balconys. > The bar acro...
2  Thank KissMyCarp
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very basic hotel consisting of 16 floors. The bar area and reception is pretty clean with relatively cheap drinks at the bar although if you walk across the road to the Hoxton bar you can get beer and cider for 1 euro!
The room themselves are very basic with two beds and two sofa beds in ours and one wardrobe between four of us. There was obvious signs of previous damage with curtains ripped and glass cracked but to be honest it was just somewhere to get our head down. Thnakfully the shower and fridge worked but there was no air con which made it quite uncomfortable at night.
Had to pay 50 euro or £40 per person per room deposit which is quite a hit but dont see the point of this as upon checking out the rooms weren't even checked. The staff were friendly though and sorted out any problems we had. We were there for 4 days and apartment wasn't cleaned or towels changed although there was a sign up saying this is done every 4 days so we obviously just missed it.
It seemed the majority of the guests were stag and hen parties which is what i was on and although none of them were that rowdy it was still quite noisy up until around 0700hrs each morning!!
The swimming pool area is small with only a very small number of sun loungers, the rest is just tables and chairs which encourages people just to sit around the pool and drink.
Would definately not recommend this place for families or couples and wouldn't go back there again if i had the choice but if you want somewhere cheap within a 10/15 minute walk to the square and beach then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Dont think there are any good rooms!
4  Thank step1052
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have to be honest I was worried about coming to these apartments before I even arrived. It was worse than I expected!!!! We didn't sleep for 10 nights, lads & ladies of all aged urinating over the balcony, throwing bottles & cigarettes, smashing up apartments, fighting, crashing & banging ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! No safe provided in your room and we even had idiots climbing onto our balcony hence having to buy a baseball bat for safety. Not worth complaining as the staff do nothing. Full of stag & hen do's acting like total prats & having no respect for anyone. Not a place for kids or if you want a relaxing break as it was 10 days from HELL!!!!! security was stepped up and you had to buzz to get in.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends