“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week and could not complain about anything. Great hotel great staff great location and very clean. Free wifi just ask at the reception for a password. Going back here in October for 2 weeks. Good choice of food to suit everyone

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank hannah w
Hotel Helios B, British Guest Relations at Hotel Helios Benidorm, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of your holiday experience.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and had no complaints.

We look forward to welcoming you back in October for a fortnight stay.

If you have any requests please do not hesitate to contact me at guestrelations@heliosbenidorm.com.

British Guest Relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Helios and i can honestly say it was the best hotel we have stayed in for a 3 star and we have stayed in 26 3 and 4 star hotels in benidorm 6 of them with a higher ranking.. The staff at the hotel were excellent, both on reception and in the dining room. The rooms were spotless and clean, towels changed daily and the ladies who cleaned the rooms were very polite too. The food was not at all repetitive every day something different and so much to choose from we were spoilt for choice the best food we have had in a hotel. The pool area was nice and we got a sunlounger every day although the parasols were hard to get if it got to hot you could go off into the lovely garden area in the shade. The young pool attendant was so nice, watching him wheel a young disable man in the pool and then joining him in the pool. nothing is to much trouble for the staff of this hotel. I would def recomend this hotel to families, couples, disable people of all ages, we will definitely returning here. I cant comment on the evening entertainment has we went out for a walk round.. Had an excellent holiday in an excellent hotel..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank julie w
Hotel Helios B, British Guest Relations at Hotel Helios Benidorm, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hotel Helios Benidorm.

We are pleased to see from your review that you consider our hotel to be the best 3 star hotel you have visited in Benidorm, with such competition in a resort with over 200 hotels, we aim to do our best in order for our guests to enjoy their holidays to the full.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If you have any requests once you have made the reservation for your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me at guestrelations@heliosbenidorm.com.

Jason McKerrell.

Castlederg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic and enthusiastic entertainment staff (Eva and Sofyan are truly amazing) well organised games throughout the day with various professional shows at night. Spotlessly clean with stunning modernistic en suite some with Jacuzzi baths with overhead showers. Once balcony doors are closed no noise can be heard so makes for a good nights sleep, housekeeping are very thorough, which I could've brought ours home, we were full board and feel we got great value for money. The food was varied and of good quality. Have to also mention the lifeguard, im sorry I don't know his name but I never saw him sit down in his high chair the whole week, he helped with getting people sunbeds, collected glasses plates etc but more than that he approached people with disabilities and mobility problems to offer aid to get into the pool, the pool has a sloped side allowing for access for wheelchair users as the pool has its own wheelchair which the life guard used to push disabled people into the pool, he then stayed in the pool with the person but at a small distance allowing he person a feeling of independence but safe, my 74 year old parents were with us and mother went into the pool for the first time ever and it was due to this ease of access. The location is perfect, a short walk to the beach and not far from the old town or from bars.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 7th floor with a pool view...I would buy this room if I could!
2 Thank Caroline B
Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review.

We are pleased to see from your review that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel Helios Benidorm.

I will pass on your kind words to our fantastic entertainers Eva and Sofyan congratulating them on a job well done, also to Jose our lifeguard, who ensures our guests are as comfortable as possible around the pool area.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Helios in the near future.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned from 7 day stay at the Helios Hotel with my husband and 21 year old daughter and 16 year old son at the Helios and we ALL had a fantastic time!! Staff very friendly and helpful but yet so professional at all times. Every thing we asked eg. where was the supermarket, Chinese restaurant, what day was the market, they pointed us in the right direction which was so helpful. When we got to our room we only had 1 pillow each, I rang down and asked for more and they were immediately brought up to our room! I was impressed! Although people did put out their towels on sunbeds, because there were so many we didn't have any trouble getting one and I loved the shady grass area, the biggest reason I chose this Hotel! we really enjoyed the daily activities on offer, my Son loved the water polo/basket ball! , the staff really made it fun but were not in your face, then genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves! I really enjoyed the water aerobics! Thank you Carlos!!! I was particularly impressed with the way disabled guests were catered for nothing, was too much trouble , well done Jose! your caring nature really did shine through! Breakfast was good, not top quality, but fine and plenty of choice every day. Rooms comfortable and so clean, in fact whole hotel very clean! The 3 string washing line on the balcony made all the difference for the towels and swim gear! I emailed 1 week before to request pool view room and was pleased we got one! Even though the hotel is near to the new towns bars and clubs we didn't hear any noise at night. Hotel in great position for beach and restaurants and shops. I would recommend this Hotel for all age groups. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again!` in fact I am already looking to book for next year! Thank you Helios staff for helping to make our holiday so enjoyable!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JLAH
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience.

We are happy to see from your review that the Hotel Helios met your expectations and you found our staff helpful and professional and especially Jose, our lifeguard, who provides fantastic assistance to all our guests in and around the pool area.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year and please do not hesistate to email me any requests at guestrelations@heliosbenidorm.com once you have made the reservation.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a full board basis for 4nights. It's as good a 3star as I have been to in spain.

Location is very good, short walks to beach and bars but quiet all the same.

Food is buffet style and very good for a 3star.

Some of the decor is dated but there has been a bit of a redecoration in recent years judging by the new bathrooms.

If there are criticisms it's hat the walls are paper thin and the entertainment half hearted. If you can live with this you'll struggle to find a better three star in benidorm

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Iain T
Thank you for posting your holiday review.

We are pleased to see that our hotel met your expectations.

All the hotel rooms were completely refurbished including bathrooms in February 2012, we also modernized the buffet area in the restaurant which allows us to offer a wider selection during service.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent 2 weeks here with my wife 16yr old son mother in law and friend.Was first time at this hotel ,our room was on the seventh floor and had a balcony overlooking the pool area.The staff were very polite and attentive selection of food in reseraunt was good something for everyone.rooms were cleaned every day and i would not hesitate in recomending this hotel to anyone else,if there was one area that could be improved on it would be the Entertainment although the entertainment team were very nice they obviously lacked experience and the shows were the same each week so it meant we saw the same shows twice

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Helios B, British Guest Relations at Hotel Helios Benidorm, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience.

We are pleased that you were happy with your stay at the Hotel.

Our entertainment team is experienced having spent various season in other resorts, the entertainment program runs on a fortnight rotation although some shows due to popular demand are weekly ensuring our guests staying for just one week are able to see them.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Helios in the near future.

Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at the Helios for 5 nights with my mum from 15-20 July 2013. Emailed the hotel prior to arrival and asked if it would be possible to have a room on a high floor over looking the pool. Was delighted to find on arrival that I got exactly what I had asked for. Our room was 921 (top floor) overlooked the pool and had the sun all day on the good sized balcony. The room was spotless and had a modern bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and the air con when switched on was so quiet, which for me, was a real bonus.

The food was good and I particularly liked the anti bacterial cleanser located at the door of the restaurant. I follow a gluten free diet and spoke to the restaurant manager the first night. After speaking with the Chef he then took me round the buffet going over what I could and couldn't have on that particular night, and also said if I wanted something special ie pasta just to let him know the night before and the chef would cook some gluten free pasta especially for me. He also gave me a note in Spanish that I had to show to any of the girls at breakfast and they brought me gluten free cornflakes, cakes and a hot baguette, plus I could help myself to eggs yoghurts, fruits etc for the breakfast buffet.

The animation team where good fun, enjoyed the aqua aerobics in the pool each day, the evening entertainment was varied from Mr Helios, Ideal Couple, Professional shows etc on Friday they had a Bollywood night and the professional dancers that came and performed were super.

This hotel also caters well for those guests in wheelchairs and a special mention must be made of the Life Guard. The hotel has a special wheelchair that can be pushed right into the pool and often after helping the guests into the water he would go in himself and help out just in case they got into difficulty.

The only issue I have is the lack of parasols and towards the end of the week as the hotel got even busier - lack of sun beds. I have to say the Life Guard did go around and remove towels if guests had reserved beds and then never bothered to come down to the pool till much later in the day. The hotel has installed about 20 large static sun canopies which when open can provide shade for at least 5-6 beds if they are close together, so you can imagine the rush in the morning to try and grab a bed and then a canopy, and once they were gone, if you wanted some shade you had no choice but to take your towel and lie on the grass in the garden area. Everyone was talking about this issue and it was the only negative point that anyone ever raised . The sunbathing terrace around the pool is not large and so the sunbeds are packed closely together, but I do think providing some small moveable parasols would help immensely.

Everyone I spoke to loved the hotel, its location, food, cleanliness and friendly atmosphere and would return again - so it would be great if the management would consider purchasing some additional parasols as it has been very hot and a lot of guests where looking for some shade as temperatures soared in the early afternoon.

1 Thank linda a
Thank you for kind review of your stay at the Hotel Helios Benidorm.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your request.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the restaurant and we are pleased that chef was able to provide you with as much gluten free food as possible. As long as we are made aware in advance it is never a problem to accommodate.

Our entertainment team provide a varied programe to please most nationalities and we are glad that our shows and activities were to your liking.

I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Jose our lifeguard, his dedication to the guests is outstanding and he does a fantastic job.

Regarding the parasols, we have the large ones placed around the swimming pool area which are fantastic to provide shade to the sun beds surrounding, we have taken your comments on board and will look into it for the future.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.