“lovely hotel!”

Ranked #20 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
scotland
“lovely hotel!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

hotel was lovely reception staff very friendly especially angela! would,nt say the same for any other member of staff!!!! room was newly decorated cleaned every day only problem in room was the air conditioning it was crap!!! as with most hotels my hubbie was up early every morning for 2wks to queue for a sunbed at pool which was a mad rush!! we went full board and food was lovely plenty to choose from always something we liked but the deserts could do with great improvement.

Room Tip: we had pool view room which was nice but very noisy!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
Reading
Reviewed August 18, 2011

A wonderful hotel close to all the attractions of benidorm. Room was lovely with spa bath. Very clean. View was over to the mountains. Food was ok but a lot of meat. Managed with the lovely salads. Travelled with my 16 year old son and we had a great time. Staff were very pleasant and always available to help. Would return.

2 Thank perch123
UK
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I absolutely loved Hotel Helios! I went with three of my friends for a girly holiday. This hotel is an absolute prime location to all the clubs, pubs and bars in Benidorm. Even though this hotel is located so close to all the night life you can still get a great nights sleep. I would say this hotel is suitable for family holidays as well as friends holidays. When looking at the reviews of the food I was a bit unsure as to what it would be like, but don't worry its lovely! As long as you will try some new things you will always find something that you like! Its is mainly spanish food which I loved and what else do people expect when they go on holiday to Spain. The room we had slept four of us comfortably and was very tastefully decorated. The rooms were always spotless after been cleaned. The reception staff were also very helpful when I was working out bus timetables to go and visit family. They printed out a timetable for me and gave me clear directions to the bus stop, which was very nice of them. The beach is roughly a ten minute walk away from the hotel. The pool area was nice and had everything you could want, nice bar and plenty sun beds. Overall me and my friends had a wonderful holiday and I'm hoping to go back to Helios next summer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Yasmin1992
lancashire
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Hotel Helios is in a great location with shops,supermarkets,bars just around the corner and the beach is just 5 minutes away the food is good , the rooms are beautiful and have lots of space and the hotel is very clean and the staff are very pleasant and help you with any requests.............Highly recommended

2 Thank Chloe D
Liverpool, England
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family wanted to try Benidorm this year and after years of putting it off due to bad reports we decided to give it a try. The Helios was recommended to us so we decided to book it. We went for the first 2 weeks in August, going full board and this is my unbiased account of the time we spent there:

Firstly the reception is very clean and the staff on reception were all very friendly and helpful and spoke fluent English. The hotel and rooms are air conditioned which is a blessing in the Benidorm heat. The hotel is spotless, with what seemed like an army of cleaners. Our room was cleaned, mopped and the beds made every day of the 2 week stay. The rooms themselves are a decent size but basic and in ours we had one double and 2 single beds in the same room. The bathroom area just off the one single room.

We chose pool side as the last couple of trips we were roadside and barely got any sleep. Being poolside meant we got the noise of the entertainment if we decided to have an early night, but this stopped at 12.30am. In general, it was very quiet of a night and we were never woken up by passing drunks!!

The entertainment itself is typically Spanish, kids games, parrot shows and live music/tribute acts and so on. We only stayed and watched on 3-4 nights before going out as we've already watched a dozen similar shows that were on. If you don't fancy the hotels entertainment, the nearest bar is about 30-40 seconds walk away but carrying on once you get past a few more bars you reach a crossroads with bars in every direction, and many different types of entertainment for you to pick from.

Location wise, it's perfect. 5 mins or so from the beach, but I'd recommend walking more towards the old town along the beach as the first section you get to is a bit rocky. Lots of places to eat and drink nearby, that's if you don't fancy staying at the hotel. The water and theme parks are a bus ride away, the bus stops being a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel and the cost 1.30Euro per person, so not too bad.

Onto the food.........A lot of the reviews slated the food, and we were dreading it. I'm not sure if they've changed things or improved the menu, or if in fact we were eating the same food as the previous reviewers. We have no complaints about the food served during any of the 3 meals per day. Again, it's typically Spanish, but you're in Spain, what do you expect? Lots of sea food, salad, cheese dishes and cooked meats but also lots of different meat dishes, lasagne, spag bol, pizza, ribs, chicken and so on. There's also a grill bar which serves up steaks, chops, pork and so on which were all very nice. They also had themed nights when we were there including Italian and Chinese. So along with the normal food, you got large selections of traditional Chinese and Italian foods to pick from. Desserts were a bit samey, lots of fruit, cakes, mousse, yoghurts and ice creams, and these didn't vary much. If we went out for the day, we asked for a packed lunch which consisted of two baps, bread, pate, water and 2xfruit each. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in where I actually looked forward to the meals!!

I guess the question to sum up my opinion of this hotel is would I stay here again? the answer would most definitely be YES! I enjoyed Benidorm and if we were to travel 3 star again, I wouldn't hesitate to choose the Helios.

5 Thank dazzle482000
newcastle, england
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Having stayed here before a few years ago, we knew the location was second to none. As a young couple with other friends in the hotel we wanted to be near the action! The hotel is a few minutes walk to the strip, but very quiet even at night. Its about a 5 minute walk to the beach which is ideal too. Reception are helpful, we got secure car parking for the hire car (10 Euro a day). We also bought water park tickets from them (the same discounted price as any of the tourist shops). The rooms have all been refurbished now, and are exceptional for a 3 star hotel (only gripe is no fridge or mini bar so take water up to your room). We asked for a pool view which is a good move, as the back of the hotel looks over a road. The pool is nice, and there are plenty of sun loungers. Like I said, great hotel to use as room only... BUT
As a base only, the hotel is perfect, but be warned... Breakfast is horrendous. The cooked food is swimming in grease, the bread hard as rocks. Its like a cattle market, the tables are all dirty, people are everywhere, its honestly not worth the effort, even though its free with most bookings. Wander to one of Benidorms thousands of cafes and pay 3 Euro for a relaxed full english!! Dinner looked exactly the same, people were queuing to get in the dining room and it looked chaotic inside!
The pool bar is poor, you've been warned, only order soft drinks or bottles. The alcohol they serve is the cheapest most revolting drink you will ever have. The cocktails are undrinkable. We were annoyed to watch the bar man make our "champagne cocktails" with only brandy and pinapple juice - no cava or bubbly, suffice to say they were revolting and he wouldnt change them despite the fact we'd seen he hadnt used the right ingredients. Great waste of 20 Euro.
Use the hotel as a place to sleep, and you wont be disappointed. Benidorm is very cheap, so eat and drink out. It was quiet this year considering its August, I think the town is struggling with the number of all inclusive hotels popping up. You really can have a hell of a holiday here on very little money, so go, you wont be disappointed!! x

Room Tip: Request a pool view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rebecca_comtacto
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Benidorm would not have been my 1st choice for a holiday "BUT" I have been pleasantly surprised. Last minute deal in need of sunshine!!
Hotel was very clean, All staff helpful, pleasant. Rooms modern and Shower was large with good water pressure and loads of hot water at anytime.
Food was okay I love salads and so if I didnt fancy anything from the hot food selection I could fill up with cold meat, cheese etc. Loads of fresh fruit too. Teenagers bit more fussy so they struggled a bit.
Pool area ideal, bar, lifeguard at all times- NO balls or inflatables allowed.
Ideally located for all amenities, 5mins from beach with restaurants, bars and shops.

Room Tip: We had a room at back of the hotel. Got morning sun. Not much of a view. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends