“Good value for money. Location is only 10 minutes walk from new town but has many bars and shops close.”
Review of Port Fiesta Park

Port Fiesta Park
Ranked #158 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would definitely come back here. I like the walk to the new town and back and the surroundings are great.
Good points :-
Immaculate
Good service
Entertainment most days and every night.
Food is of a great variety.

Bad points :-
The entertainment is family based and is mixed Spanish and English
There is a 10minute walk crossing several roads to the new town

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Dj-jamie D

Reviewed November 2, 2012

right im going to start off by saying that anyone who rates this hotel BAD is obviously stuck up and doesnt realise this is benidorm haha! fair enough complain if it is a genuine reason such as there was stains in your bed, or there was a turd on your floor...but stop putting reviews on saying the hotel is terrible, just because the food is repetitive... its 3* and its like £350 all inclusive for a week, some people obviously want too much for there money.

Anyway - 8 of us went on a week drinking session. Hotel was great, clean, FRIENDLY, always willing to order a taxi for us (as we went to the strip every night - NO MORE THAN 7 EUROS IN A TAXI)... food was great, for 400 quid all inclusive i dont see whats wrong with it, YES they have chips... of course because theres so many miserable people out there at least you cant go wrong with cooking a chip! simple for them. Bar staff so friendly, Alexander is the number 1 bar man, got on well with all the staff...

Its simple, If you say 'Hola, Como Esta' which is hello are you ok, it shows you are polite and therfore the staff wont be miserable...seriously how would we like it if a foreigner spoke there language in front of us.. we would see that as RUDE so if we do it to them nowonder they think we are rude.

Hotel excellent, dont listen or read any of these poor reviews as it will put you off, so many picky miserable people here on Trip Advisor. i hate reviews but i thought i would write one so i can tell it how it is rather than people saying bull on here.

Love fiesta park... Would go back 100 percent!!

Room Tip: 339 and 559 - so quiet and just so clean and fresh, good spot for the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank MBenidormP
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Between 14th October 2012 and 21st October 2012 we had the misfortune to stay at the Fiesta Park Hotel in Benidorm. There were 5 of us, myself and my partner, and my partners friend and her 2 sons. Whilst we found the Hotel and Staff quite pleasant at first, we noticed my friend getting a few funny looks, which we just laughed off as old Spanish People (guests mainly) not used to seeing black people. Did I mention my friend was black and hers sons mixed race?

We were placed in rooms on the 1st floor (107 and 112) one room right above the dance floor, one room right above the bar/pool area. This meant that from 6.30 in the morning when the staff started moving tables and chairs and cleaning the pool area, until 1.00 in the morning when the bar closed and the music finally went off, we suffered from noise pollution. However, we didn't complain, it didn't impact us that much so we didn't worry, it was cheap!

Late on Friday night myself, my partner and her friend went to a bar in the Old Town owned by another friend of mine. He has lived and worked in Benidorm for years. When his bar closed we all four went back to our Hotel for a nightcap before he went home, as it was on the way. This was about 5.30am Saturday morning and we arrived back at the Hotel by taxi.

Upon our arrival at reception the two women were walking ahead, and they were treated to a hostile reception from the two night porters, hissing at them and telling them to be quiet, to which I replied don't worry we won't make a noise, and walked on through to our room (107). Then ensued a surreal half hour when one of the porters, and little bald chap, kept shining a torch on my black friends face, shouting up something we couldn't understand, then he kept banging on the door and telling us to keep the noise down in a real aggressive manner. The last time he banged on the door I invited him in to tell me the problem, because we were not making any more noise than having a conversation and some low level reggae music from my phone which you couldn't even hear over our conversation let alone outside in the corridor! I checked!!

He immediately pointed to the phone, and said “Music” which I then turned off completely, and then he pointed to my black friend and said “She should not be in your room!” I enquired why she shouldn't be in my room, and his reply was, “You shouldn't have prostitutes in your room!” Yes, he thought my friend was a Prostitute, a paying guest from the UK labelled as a prostitute just because she is black!

Now, I obviously took umbrage about this, and asked him to accompany me to reception where I would prove that my friend had every right to be there in my room. Upon reaching the reception area I was greeted by the other night porter, a Spanish gentleman, screaming and shouting at me about the noise I was making. I tried to talk to him and explain myself but was merely shouted over that he did not want to hear what I had to say, he threatened to throw us out of the hotel and call the Police. I stated that if he did not even want to hear what I have to say then there is no point talking to him and left the reception area, intending to sort out the problem later that day when the two little nazis weren't working.

Imagine my surprise when, some ten minutes later there is a bang on my door, and there are at least 8 Policemen and women, in riot gear, outside my room asking me to come out. I complied to be hit from behind by the Officer in charge, and then pushed through the corridor past all the Police punching and kicking me! The Officer in command then told my local friend to come out whereby he received the same treatment. He then ordered out my partner and her black friend, and I tried to explain who they were, including the fact that my friends room was 112 just down the corridor, and that she was not a prostitute. The Officer looked surprised for a moment, asked for my passport which I duly gave him and he radioed my details in. I again explained that my black friends passport was in her room, would he like to see it, to which he declined, and told us not to make a noise. I then said to the bald night porter, who was standing there grinning, that he has made a big mistake and that my friend is not a prostitute, and that he will be hearing more about this disgusting racist incident, to which he replied, waving his finger at me, “Don't speak english to me, don't speak english to me!”, to which the Officer in command just pushed him away and told him to shut up. They then just left, without another word!!

Now, I have been going to Spain and its Island Territories on holiday since 1974. I am 49 years old. I have never even had the slightest problem with either Police or Hotel staff. I have never been thrown out of a hotel for bad behaviour, indeed I have never even been accused of bad behaviour. And I certainly have never been beaten up and assaulted by Police at the behest of two racist Hotel Staff!

I was so traumatised by this affair that I spent the remaining day and a half away from the Hotel, and refused to use their Fascist Facilities. Upon checking out I let the manager know that I would be complaining about this casual racist attitude towards ethnic British Citizens.

As for Spain, we can choose where we spend our money, and until the ghost of Franco has been exorcised and the Spanish deal with their racism, we will not be going back there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank Paul G
Reviewed October 31, 2012

have just come back from fiesta park hotel, it is the first family holiday that we had, the hotel was ok in general, it didnt cater very well for parents with pushchairs or disabled. the bar staff were ok but some of them was very rude. there was nothing for the children to do they were very bored. we could only get 2 drinks at a time which was very hard when we went as a family of 4 and my children are 2 and 3 and all we wanted was 2 milkshakes and 2 coffees. the food was ok. typical catered for the Spanish and had pretty much the same thing every day. entertainment was rubbish it was on at 10.30 pm and was all catered for the Spanish again. swimming pools was freezing jumped in on our first day with my son and about had a heart attack. the indoor type pool was surrounded by older people that didn't take very well to children. the childrens play area was ok. until a group of 10 year olds started climbing and reception said this was ok. over all i would not go back and would not recommend to anyone with children or disabled. the cleaners were very good they came and cleaned every day. the waitresses in the restaurant were ok. some of them could be very un welcoming. food isnt what i expected. snacks were the same as breakfast and the same as what was served for lunch.. there needs to be treys as it was hard getting my 2 childrens meals as well as my own. there was also work in the hotel going off which we was not notified about and one of the days we had no hot watre or watre pressure. the last day we was only allowed breakfast even though we did not leave the hotel untill 8.30pm so we had to fend for ourselves which i didnt think was very good. the way that the hotel is set out is weired and most of the rooms havent got a veiw we didnt have a veiw at all and had no sun on our balcony so nothing got dried overall i dont really recommend the hotel and would not go back there. it is about 20 min walk to new town benidorm and 10 min walk to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank michaela354
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a typical 3* hotel, most people moaning on this site appear to want 5*, so they should PAY for that and not go here.
Checked in with ease, room not ready (10.30am arrival), but given our bands to get AI drinks & food whilst we waited.
Food not really our taste, but fairly typical of 3* AI, we always found something to eat, soups were delicious. Breakfast plentiful, cereals, salads, cooked, pastries & fruit.
Bar staff were very polite (cheeky even!), sometimes drinks in paper cups, more often we had glasses (or kept our first glass and poured the paper ones in).
Pool is shaded, but in the Summer is probably good for kids. Recommend the sun terrace on 5th floor, not very big, but NO kids, so it is quieter and we always got a sunbed. There is also an indoor pool up there, great for cooling down in the October sunshine.
Entertainment again typical of Spanish 3*, there was something on every night, although recommend a taxi into the town some nights. Lots of Spanish OAP's but then there always seems to be whenever we have gone AI in Spain?
5 minute walk to beach, 10 minutes to the beautiful old town (a must visit). New town a good 20-30 minute where all the nightlife is. Recommend Morgans Bar (Neptunes in the TV Programme), for a great night out.
A holiday is what you make it, we met alot of really nice people in the hotel and went out on occasions with them. You get what you pay for, so if you get a deal like we did, go for it!!

Room Tip: We were in 151, pool view, nice & quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shazza8
Reviewed October 30, 2012

i spent a week in this hotel AI i was there last year in Feb,an thought we wud go back at a different time of the year 2 escape all the spanish people who wer stayin at the hotel,but surprise,surprise they're all stil there.. the food was good,rooms cleaned evry day,but the thing that puts people off is the lack of entertainment for the english.. the live entertainment is only for 30mins..the rest of the nite is geared for the spanish O.A.P's.any english music played (bout 3 cd's) the spanish move of the dance floor!!!!..

Room Tip: we had to get the room changed cos it faced a very busy street an no view,it was no problem for them...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eileen555555
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just back from the fiesta park couldn't fault the hotel in general BUT there is to many Spanish oap so rude !!! It also to far away from the new town that were the nite life is so if u want relaxing stay here . This hotel is spotless some of the reviews were un called for in my opinionso don't let them
Put u off !!!! Julie from Belfast !!

• Stayed: October 2012