Spent 5 nights here in early May 2012. Our flight into Alicante was delayed a few hours & as such we did not get to the hotel till midnight. The night staff were very quick & effecient at checking us in & we quickly made it to our room which overall was nice. The hotel is in a very central location being only a 3 minute walk to the beach, about 10 minute walk to the English Bars district & a 5 min walk to the old town. The hotel is very clean & reasonably modern. All the staff we came across were fairly friendly. We had the half board option but of the 5 nights spent there we only had dinner there twice. We missed the first night due to arriving late & we chose to eat out the other nights as we wanted to explore the local night scene. The food at the hotel though was plentiful & had enough variety for all tastes. The free wifi was well appreciated & the only two real nagatives were :
1. We ordered a double room but were given two single beds pushed together with individual linen. This was not a huge deal but the beds were a little hard & the pillows were very flat, hard & uncomfortable.
2. The indoor pool which is the only one heated of the 3 pools at the resort is not free. It is part of the spa complex & I was told there would be a 6 euro per hour charge to use the pool/spa/sauna. I thought this was a bit ridiculous & should definately be free for hotel guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: - Centrally situated in a flat area just a few meters walk from the popular Plaza Triangular of Benidorm and 220 m. from Levante Beach. Facilities and services: - Very popular hotel, and well known in Benidorm. - Large sun terrace with three open air swimming pools for adults and children, sunbeds and parasols (electrolysis disinfection). Bar service to swimming pool (high season / summer season). - Spacious and elegant bar-lounge overlooking a tropical interior garden with waterfall plus two more areas for celebrating conferences, banquets and social events "Azul" Room and "La Gruta" Terrace. The hotel offers a varied entertainment programme in high season, and also live music at night. Children's playground. - Wellness Centre (supplement), attractively decorated among waterfalls and rocks, equipped with gym, heated swimming pool, steam baths, sauna, jacuzzi and body and beauty treatments. -Dogs permitted up to a maximum of 5 kg (except for Easter and from 15th of June until 15th of October). - Servigroup boutique with souvenirs, gifts and accessories. - Free beach towel and parasols service (deposit). - Free wifi connection throughout the hotel, including outdoor areas. - Internet connection at reception (supplement). - Hotel-owned covered parking spaces (supplement): 110. Rooms: - 252 rooms with: air conditioning (depends on the season) and heating, full bathroom, hairdryer, balcony, flat screen TV, direct dial telephone, mini fridge, safe (supplement) and intelligent locking system. The hotel has 10 comfortable double superior rooms. - Service of cots for babies (supplement). Restaurant: - Restaurant with buffet service and "show cooking". The buffet offers an exquisite and balanced Mediterranean cuisine, national and international dishes, delicious desserts, special themed menus, children's menus available on request, special celiac menu on request and options for people with allergy problems. Committed to quality: - ISO 9001:2008 Certification awarded by AENOR, for quality management of "accommodation, dining-room and banqueting services", and the international equivalent "IQNet Quality System". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Servigroup, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Servigroup Diplomatic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Diplomatic Hotel Benidorm
- Hotel Diplomatic Benidorm