“Take a bath mat”

Magic Cristal Park Hotel
Ranked #63 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from the cristal park and although we have no complaints about the food,the bar staff or the cleanliness of the room and other areas of the hotel there are some issues that need addressing.One is the difficulty of getting the lift from the restaurant on the lower floor,(the english restaurant)mainly due to the fact that as soon as the lift arrives at the floor above,(the spanish restaurant)it is occupied by the spanish guests and returns to the floors above resulting in the lift very seldom making it to the lower floor.There is also a problem with the slippery baths,During our stay, at least three people slipped in their baths causing various injuries,one man had to have eight stitches in his head hence the bath mats.Myself and others bought our own from the hardware shop across the road. Unfortunately on the fourth day of our fourteen day stay my wife slipped and fell in the indoor pool area of the sister hotel"The Fenicia"which resulted in her breaking her arm in two places and although both hotels were aware of what had happened nobody from either hotel bothered to contact us for the remainder of our stay,in fact when my wife asked at the reception desk if it would be possible to do some laundry she was told that there is a washing machine and drier for the use of the guests, when she enquired further if she could have some assistance she was told that if they did it for her then they would be expected to do it for everyone

Room Tip: Promo rooms are small and without a view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RafaelJimenez, Manager at Magic Cristal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Customer,

we appreciate this comments because hey help us to improve day by day. Magic Cristal Park has different systems certificates and Qualitas that help us to develop a comprehensive monitoring opportunities for improvement in each department of the Hotel.

We also have internal and external audits that measures the satisfaction of our customers. In Magic Cristal Park there is a high index of guests that repeat year after year,and this makes us very proud, even so we still work hard to meet your expectations.

We have received your review in a positive direction and in a spirit of continuous improvement.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first trip here in a year and I was not disappointed in the hotel. I had a basic (promotional) room, which means no view but has all that you need- a comfy bed, large wardrobe, TV with UK channels and large bathroom, complete with a full sized bath.

The room was always spotless after the cleaner's visit, usually around 11:30-12:00 each morning. Towels and bedding were good quality. The room was always warm (sometimes I had to open the window at night.)

Food in the restaurants was of a good quality, with large variety of salads, meats, vegetables, cheese and desserts available. It was good that the coffee machine is left on for all meals so that I could relax with a hot drink at the end of the meal.

The staff in the hotel were always very friendly and helpful with a smile when they saw you walking down the hall or coming into the bars and restaurant.

The highlight of this hotel for me was, as always, the entertainment provided by "Him and Her" downstairs in the Magic Cafe in the evenings. With a variety of live music played and quizes each evening. Plus karaoke for those who wished to sing to entertain others. The other guests downstairs are always very friendly and for those who travel alone or in a small group it is a chance to meet new people and have a great night out. The bar staff there, who are always kept rushing around, are always very friendly and happy to serve you.

There are many places to stay in Benidorm and the Crystal Park is one of my favourites- without the Magic Cafe I would not be keen to return. I hope that the management realize what an asset the cafe and Anne-Marie and Andy are, especially for those people who will come back again another year to have another holiday there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Customer,

First at all I would like to thank you for your comments, and the time they spend in writing. For us, your opinion is very important because It is a good opportunity to improve every day.

All the staff work very hard to get to meet customer expectations.

.Magic Costablanca is a growing company, where the customer is the most important

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Recently returned from our 7th stay at this hotel. Would definitely recommend to all. Restaurant offers a great range of food for all, Charlie & staff were always polite and at your service whenever needed with a smile on their face. Wide range of activities throughout the day which can be enjoyed by all. Freddy the entertainer was great and full of fun, the best entertainer over the last seven years. Bar staff/reception polite as always. Good times in the Magic Cafe. Can't wait for my next return!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Customer,

In Magic Costablanca We appreciate you taking the time to write this comment , as we continue to strive towards providing a quality service for all our guests and value all the reviews received from our customers to help us to improve day by day.

At Magic Cristal Park we have planned with passion the All Inclusive holidays we offer our customers.

I an pleased that you enjoyed your stay with Him&Her, They are working very hard for offer tthe clients the best show.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've just returned from 5 days at the cristal park. This was my first time here and after reading some mixed reviews I was very pleasantly surprised. I went away with my parents so our room was for 3 adults (I stayed on a sofa bed) and it was plenty big enough.

Check in service was good and our room was available straight away. All of the bar staff were fantastic and the waiters in the restaurant do a superb job and are extremely friendly. There was a good variety of food at every meal, and it was all tasty.

We discovered on the first night that our fridge didn't work and that my sofa bed had some missing slats, so the next morning we told reception after our breakfast and went up to the room - to find the maintenance staff already there fixing the bed and replacing our fridge! They were very friendly and were finished in no time at all.

The entertainment at night was ok, it was a couple called him and her. He sang some songs and she did the talking in between, they did a good mix of songs. They also did some karaoke and a quiz so it kept you entertained in the evening if that's your sort of thing.

We had some fantastic sun the last couple of days and discovered on the roof there were lots of sun beds so we sat up there. It's a bit hidden, you go up the steps next to the swimming pool. I never went in the pool as it was quite cold, it would be nice if it was heated but it didn't really bother me.

The hotel provides a hairdryer but you have to pay a deposit and also pay to have it for about an hour! Luckily we'd taken our own so it saved us from racking up a potentially large bill! Also, you get tea and coffee in your room but no milk. You can get a glass of it from the restaurant and take it to your room but we just nipped to the shop next door and bought a carton as it seemed less hassle.

I can understand why some people moaned about the lifts, they do take a long time to come and then the Spanish swoop in as soon as the doors open, but you soon learn how to block it so they can't push in!! At the end of the day, there isn't really a rush on holiday so waiting for a lift doesn't really matter!! The Spanish in general were quite pleasant and always greeted us as we passed, as did the English. (Even when out and about in the old town!)

There are other hotels you can visit with your all inclusive card and usually there's a shuttle bus but unfortunately this service wasn't on during our visit. We were given directions but unfortunately they weren't very good and despite trying numerous times we couldn't find any of the other hotels.

My only disappointment about this holiday was soon after arriving I became ill and this lasted the duration, so unfortunately I didn't have the experience I would have liked. Maybe next time ill be luckier!

Overall this hotel was brilliant, especially for the price. I'd happily return again, but perhaps would avoid it in the summer as I can imagine it being very busy.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kmw89

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just been for a weeks winter break at the Cristal Park in Benidorm 02/02/13 with our 3 year old grandson. We got to the hotel at 9.30 pm the dining room had just closed but snacks would be availible within the hour. We were given room 330, when we got the our room our grandsons bed had not been made up so a quick visit to reception and that was sorted out within 20 minutes so not too bad, but our beds were possibly the most uncomfortable we have ever slept in. I just went down and got my wife and myself a couple of drinks as a nightcap after a longish day travelling. In the morning of to breakfast which was quite good plenty of choice and plenty of fruit. The promanade was just a few hundred yards away so not to far for a walk. The food throughout was of a decent standard. Our main dissapointment was how late the entertainment was on average 10.30 pm most nights just a little to late for our 3 year old. But we did manage one evening with the bubble man brilliant!!! The pool was indoor but not heated and it was baltic freezing to cold for me and our 3 year old, but we at least gave it a try. The only other little thing was that someone had smoked in the room, and you could tell whenever you entered the room but only a minor thing. Also the childrens play area was shut for the winter. But all in all we had a great time and the weather was super.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just got home & although had a good week in benidorm would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Nothing for children, nothing like photos depict, food average, son found dead cockroach at one point, no kettle (as stated there would be), catered for elderly Spanish, magic cafe wasn't all it cracked up to be & rooms smelt of mould and raw sewerage. Bar staff were polite & friendly though

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Lealea33

Reviewed February 22, 2013

nice to read that you reply to some emails . but i would like to ask you if you only respond to the positive ones . Not that my emails are negative but i and my sister in law are in the catergory of the returning few to your hotel , year after year in fact ten years to be precise . We are returning again this year we love the staff well most of them we love the food and we most definately love him n her they make our holiday. but last year we were given a room ,well i use the word room i would not class it as a room . It was disgusting when we complained we were given no response . we have most definately contributed to your holiday makers as we have passed on all the good things within your hotel this year we will try the atrium app ,lets hope they are more to our standard . we do not expect special treatment but loyalty surely must count for something .

Room Tip: i believe they had overbooked and tried to relocate us to another hotel we said no and i think this...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends