“Return visit”

Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We first stayed here in December 2011 and had a wonderful time. Since then 8 people I recommended this hotel to have stayed here and returned at least twice. We have just returned from a 10 day trip and again I cannot fault this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and made such a fuss of my toddler it was lovely. The weather for the time of year was fantastic. There's no doubt we will be returning next December. The cots were far superior than I am used to in hotels and with a proper mattress. The food as always was good, although I missed the fresh salad not being served at breakfast but that's just my preference, there wads plenty of other fresh foods. It wasn't as busy this time around and I hope this is just a blip as this surely must be one of the best value hotels in Benidorm. Hotel drinks are of very reasonable price too. If you're hesitating about staying here, please don't, just book, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room from the 5th floor up, rooms 4-6 ie 704-706, 604-606 as they get sun all day...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VictoriaRach
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Hello Victoria,

Thank you once again for choosing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and for recommending our hotel to so many friends.

I am very pleased that you enjoy staying with us and that our staff look after you and your toddler.

We have actually been busier this year yoy, maybe the dates you travelled are slightly different but we are always quieter just before Christmas, from tomorrow we are full!

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

FOM ALL THE TEAM AT THE HOTEL RH CORONA DEL MAR, WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND TO ALL OUR GUESTS READING THIS RESPONSE,

Marta Gómez – Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel RH Corona del Mar

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We have just had a few days at the Corona in early December and as always, it is extremely clean all over, the bedrooms are a great size and comfortable, the bathrooms are spotless and lovely deep baths for relaxing. The bedroom staff are friendly although my Spanish is very basic, a cheery wave and a smile returned is all a guest can want. The waiting staff are friendly and although we stayed only 3 days, the staff do get to know you a little and a good morning is always guaranteed. The food is a good as usual, although I did find some of the evening dinner temperatures a little cooler than should be, but that is minor for the choice offered and quality.
Over all, a great stay and it will be our next choice to, although perhaps we might try the sister hotel just as a comparison. Enjoy your stay, we did.

Room Tip: request a sea view if that is what you want, book early.
1  Thank LancashirePaul
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Good Morning Lancashire Paul,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar once again and for taking time to write us a review.

As always it appears that you enjoyed your stay and great to read we are your first choice of hotel.

I must mention that we had a small issue with the buffet recently and this maybe the cause for the food not being as hot as it should have been.

I will share your review with all the team today and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just recently returned from a girlie holiday and was put in this hotel because where we booked (theCanfali)was closed at the last minute.The hotel itself was lovely friendly staff on reception and the bar but most of the restaurant staff were very rude.The food wasnt very good for a 4 star hotel there wasnt alot of choice and french fries were on the menu every single night,we did expect more from this hotelBut the worst part for us 9 girls from Manchester all different ages were the people who were staying there.We found them to be very unfriendly and rude towards us and we were made to feel very uncomfortable whenever we were around the hotel.I cant see any of us staying here again these miserable people spoilt our time in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I was very sad to read your review and send my sincere apologies to all of you for any discomfort. I only wish you had spoken to me whilst you were here.

I will be having a meeting today to discuss your review but will pass your kind comments to the reception and bar staff.

I hope we can restore your faith in RH Hotels and wish you and all your friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We come here usually at least 3 times in the year avoiding July and //August (too expensive for us pensioners)
Try to get Seaview as sun comes on that side of the hotel.
Food Varied and usually excellent though this time I couldn't find anything I wanted for dinner on our last night (unusual for me)
Staff very nice
Bar efficient as is restaurant
Great Location and peaceful for sleeping at night
Going back in January

Room Tip: seaview is best but all rooms comfy don't use spa but looks great
4  Thank Jacqui S S
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hello Jacqui,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar once again and for writing us a review.

Very nice to hear that you enjoy our hotel and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in January and in the meantime best wishes over the festive period,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just returned , 10 th Dec, from our 3 rd trip to this hotel in 12 months , and we have never done that before ! We first went for a week last Dec, then 11 nights in April so I think that, along with all the other good reviews should really give you confidence to try it. We have been in better hotels and perhaps had some more memorable meals but at twice the price ! Please do pay the supplement for the sea view though, I know from experience that you won't even see the sun at the back of the hotel at this time of year . Without exception we found all the staff helpful and very friendly, the cleaning is excellent and the drinks prices aren't bad either. About half the guests on this stay were Spanish , and their lentil stew and rice dishes are well worth a try , and I really liked the tuna omelettes that were cooked to order on the grill in the mornings. We were really surprised at Benidorm, the Old Town is only a short walk away and the proms go for miles in either direction , the beaches are spotless and the rest of the town is also very clean and felt really safe. You also have a good cheap bus service and the train/tram to Denia is a good day out, and the hotel will give you a picnic to take with you if you are on full board. The icing on the cake this time was the weather , we had 6 days of solid sunshine and you can get a coffee and a brandy at the Moonbeach bar for just over 2 euro's while watching the sun go down at 5 in the afternoon , so go on try the Corona , you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Sea view every time , pay the supplement , and ask for a high room a week before you go, we did and...
3  Thank ian s
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Good Evening Ian,

From a beautiful 20 degree sunset in Benidorm, we send our sincere thanks for your recent posting for our Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I was very pleased to read your review and hear how much you enjoyed your third stay with us.

We hope very much to welcome you back again to our “great value comfortable hotel”,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just returned on 3rd Dec.requested a 3rd floor sea view room,pleased to say we got that,room 309.very clean,comfortable with large balcony,sunny until late afternoon.we found all staff very friendly,a very comfortable hotel all round,nothing too much trouble.
We will definitely return in 2014
For us unfortunately the weather went quite cold the week we were there,but after lots of walking on the new promenade,it was nice to return to our comfortable room in hotel,and enjoy what was on offer in the very well run restaurant which the food was superb might I say,all in all could not fault anything with this lovely hotel,regards to all the staff.

Room Tip: Worth it to pay extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alma R
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Good Morning Alma,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I am pleased that you found the food superb, your room and the Hotel comfortable and our staff friendly.

I will share you excellent feedback with all the team it’s great motivation for them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in 2014,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was mine and my husband's first time in Benidorm and we absolutely loved it. We drove down from Barcelona and arrived at 23:00, the staff were great and helpful in directing us to their secure parking around the corner.

We stayed here for 3 nights, but we never had dinner here, only the breakfast buffet every morning which was great by the way, plenty of variety of dishes and I thought the fridge with the icecream was pretty cool. (Kids would love it).

Our room was quite spacious and clean with plenty of cupboard space, TV and a nice bathroom. The balcony overlooked the pool (to the right) and the sea. We found that two tall hotel buildings stand in the way of our view, but from my room you could still see the sea through the gaps. (see pictures). I thought the added feature of the closeline on the balcony was a nice touch, (not many hotels let you do this).

This hotel is located on the quite side of town, which we didn't mind, there is a nice strip of shop, cafe's etc. just around the corner from the hotel. My husband and I love walking and exploring, so we enjoyed making our way on the beautiful promenade into the new town, (maybe a 20-30min stroll) the beach is very much populated on the busier side (I prefer the Corona del Mar beach side better for swimming) but the atmosphere comes alive with all the stores, people, food, pubs and clubs at night. There are some really good value for money restaurants here and the food is great.

We really enjoyed our time here in this hotel, but if you are a young couple seeking to hit the clubs every night then perhaps you should stay in the new town to save the walking distance. I did notice that there seemed to be more older couples than young staying here. If you just want to come to Benidorm to just sit back and relax, then this hotel is perfect.

If you are short of ideas, I can recommend going to Marco Polo, for the Jeep Safari, it was an all day event and great fun. You get to see a side of Spain that you wouldn't expect such as the beautiful waterfalls in the mountains.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a sea-side view with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherree C
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello Sherree,

I was delighted to read your review of the “Fantastic Hotel” RH Corona del Mar.

Benidorm is a great place for all with as you mention quieter and busier areas depending on what you are looking for.

I was particularly pleased that our hotel ticked all the right boxes for you and that you had a very enjoyable stay.

Some good tips too for those reading. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future,