Hotel Montemar(Benidorm)
$90
$114
$108
1,781 results
All reviewssea viewold townponiente beachindoor poollovely hotelall departmentsbar staffbottle of cavaplenty of choicetea and coffee making facilitieswinter monthsentertainment every nightwinter breakbar pricessea frontevery mealgala dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned after another excellent holiday and meeting up with all our old friends again (Spanish and English). The food was brilliant as usual. The staff at reception, in the dining room and bar were first class and very professional.(especially Johnny at reception).
The only faults I have to mention are the hard beds (which some people prefer), and the poor quality towels (not four star standard).
We will return and I am sure Marta will improve things.

Room Tip: Pay for sea view.
2  Thank LaughingboyYorkshire
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hello Laughingboy Yorkshire,

We are very grateful for your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and for choosing to stay with us once again.

How nice to hear that you meet up with old friends both English and Spanish, it sounds like your home from home.

Our staff do their very best to provide an excellent service and I have said many times I am very proud of the whole team.

With regard to the bed, it’s a difficult one, down I suppose to personal choice. I have noted your point on the towels.

Thanks once again for taking time to share your opinion! We look forward to welcoming you back again,

Kindest regards

Reviewed January 30, 2013

my partner and I stayed here from the 22nd to 29th January 2013. This hotel is excellent and only by being somewhat "nitpicking" can I find any faults. The decor is superb, the rooms and public spaces are bright and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful, and as for the food - a wide choice at both lunchtimes and evenings (we were on full board) and the quality of the meat was exceptional. Bar prices were some of the most reasonable I have come across in a hotel. As for the nitpicking - well,l the pool was undergoing some refurbishment which we never told about in advance (black mark Thomsons !) but the weather was not really good enough for outdoor swimming anyway, and the indoor lounge area was also the bar area and whilst the seats were comfortable they were not exactly the sort you would wanrt to sit on for a long period if the weather forced you to stay in. But that really is a petty niggle. I'd recommend this hotel yo anyone BUT be sure to book a high floor and most definitely a sea view. If you don't book a sea view you will be overlooking a burgerbar and a graveyard !

Room Tip: Book a sea view and high floor
4  Thank geoff1938

Good Afternoon Geoff,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar. WOW I am so happy!

It’s no nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the food, cleanliness and friendly staff too.

Our bar prices are very reasonable and it is a point mentioned time over on tripadvisor.

With regard to the pool Geoff we are doing general winter maintenance which is almost complete. Although we have good weather the better alternative at this moment in time is the indoor pool for swimming.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again

Kindest regards

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my fiancee stayed here for a week in January. We chose the hotel based on other people's reviews. We wouldn't rate it as 4 star, more like 3 star. There were a few issues that didn't warrant 4 star status. There are good things about the hotel but there are also bad things too.

Good

Clean
Good location near the beach
Some friendly staff (notice the word some)

Bad

Some staff were pretty miserable especially in the bar area. There were a few occasions where I had to get a drink from the bar myself as the waiters either didn't see me or ignored me.

Chairs need replacing in the bar area. Looking shabby.

Food in the restaurant is not very hot. The hot lamps simply do not keep the food hot. One night due to repetition we ate out. You also need to get down for meals early as the food sometimes runs out,like the sausage at breakfast!! Puddings were poor compared to 3 star hotels we have stayed in.

No tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. We found out via another guest 3 days into our holiday that you could ask for a kettle from reception. The kettle duly came but you need to supply your own tea and coffee. Wasn't told by the rep about this. The plug sockets are also a problem in the rooms. The dressing table simply has no plug socket near it. We had to move the fridge to get to a socket at the back of it. Not ideal. The mirror in the room should be where the tv is too.
One other problem was the patio door which was difficult to lock and also came off the rail once. Not 4 star quality. Cleaner kept leaving it open too. Maybe a problem if on 1st floor.

Entertainment is aimed at the older generation.

Wouldn't recommend staying in this hotel if you are a young couple or a family as there are no decent bars or restaurants around this hotel to go for a drink or something to eat. The hotel is mainly aimed at the older generation.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view.
3  Thank Carl J
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Carl,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Hotel Corona del Mar.

On a positive note I am pleased to hear that the hotel was clean, in a good location and some friendly staff. I am sorry to hear though that the hotel didn’t live up to your expectations. You are correct saying that the chairs looked tired and I can tell you that since last week we are in the process of reupholstering the chairs in the bar area. Although we don’t advertise tea and coffee facilities and had you read other reviews you would have noted that we provide kettles on request. With regard to having to go to the bar yourself for drinks, I can only apologise and will discuss this at our next meeting.

Other points you have mentioned on the subject of the plug sockets have been noted and the location of mirrors is down to personal taste. Our food scores are very high and although you didn’t enjoy our “puddings”, I think it’s down again to personal choice, but of course I respect your opinion and I will review today the temperatures of the food.

Our entertainment programme is for all age groups, and is not aimed for “the older generation”, Eva our resident entertainer also does a great job and tries to get everyone involved in her activities. In low season there is a vast difference to high season in regard to the hotel clientele and surrounding businesses.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

stayed at this hotel full board over christmas/newyear 20012.give 10 out of 10 for food,location,cleanliness,and staff.All gala meals for the holiday period,were excellent and well served.would certainly go again.

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and sunny overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pollybaby

Good Morning Pollybaby,

Many Thanks for writing us a review and great to hear our meals were excellent along with the staff and cleanliness.

We certainly hope that you do visit us again in the near future,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

once again we had a great holiday the hotel never lets us down the food very good a great choice the staff very friendly and helpful the rooms very clean we have been going to the hotel for the past 9years every january overhall the hotel is 10/10

Room Tip: we stayed in room 211 sea view fantastic
6  Thank barrybaz18

Hello Barrybaz18,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar once again and for taking time to write a review.

We are all very pleased to hear how much you enjoy your holidays with us very January and for giving us a 10/10 for very good food, cleanliness and helpful and friendly staff. 10/10 to you for returning each year,

We look forward to welcoming you back in January 14,