Poseidon Resort(Benidorm)
$2,526
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
1,834 results
All reviewssea viewold townponiente beachindoor poollovely hotelall departmentsbar staffbottle of cavaplenty of choicetea and coffee making facilitieswinter monthsentertainment every nightwinter breakbar pricessea frontevery mealgala dinner
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First impression was encouraging as was check-in. However room was a bit of a let down. Not the biggest room I have ever slept in and despite booking a double room was allocated a twin room with no option to change. Brilliant location with only a short walk to the shops, bars and the beach. The food was first class, in fact as good as I have encountered. Oh and the Bucks Fizz with breakfast gave the day a pleasant start. I have to say that the in house entertainment was geared towards the more elderly clientèle although with a drink inside it picked up as the night wore on. A couple of niggling points to finish. There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and neither coffee or tea was available with your evening meal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank blackbun
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Good Afternoon Blackbun,

On behalf of all the team at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar, thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am assuming we could not offer you a change of room due to the hotel being full, but without more details of your booking I can’t really say any more.

Our chef was delighted with your comment on the food and what a shame you didn’t enquire at reception about tea& coffee facilities, as they are available on request.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned from 11 nights stay at this hotel.Upon arrival we were allocated room 520 which was at the rear overlooking the graveyard so went to ask to pay to upgrade to a room overlooking the sea but as the hotel was full it was not possible.Having said that although we got no sun on the balcony the room was spotless clean as was all the hotel and very quiet at night for sleeping.We had a fridge and flat screen tv with english channels.On two occasions when we rang reception the maintenance man came within minutes to deal with our small problems.
The pool area was quiet but the other buildings around sometimes obstructed the sun however the beach was just over the road and it was only 4 euros for sunbeds there.There were some nice shops around the area and a few bars we only ventured into the centre of Benidorm once as it was much nicer where we were.The Thompson rep was lovely we went on the Benidorm Palace trip well worth the money.We also ventured to the flea market at El Cisne where there was a great atmosphere and to Altea which was a nice place. If you want Benidorm without the Blackpool feel then I would recommend this hotel.The food was well presented and as you would expect from hotel buffet with variations and always something you could find to your taste so we never ate outside only at the Benidorm Palace trip.
I would recommend this hotel if you want a laid back holiday and think it would be worth upgrading to a seaview room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank audreyCumbria
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello Audrey,

Many Thanks for taking time to write a review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

How nice to hear that you found our hotel to be “very clean and friendly”. Sorry you were unable to change rooms; we are a small hotel and quite often full.

The English TV channels are a real plus for our guests being able to watch their own favourites whilst they are away. Because the position of the sun in winter is lower than in the summer, then it can be behind a building for a short while. As you mention though the beach is just across the road with no obstructions. We have some excellent shops nearby along with bars and restaurants.

Thank you for mentioning the well presented food on the buffet and the variety.

Nice that you got out and about to see some of the lovely places we have close to Benidorm.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience with fellow travellers and we hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just returned from Corona del Mar hotel,Nice clean rooms and great location.However food was a let down.The choice was good but the hot food was mostly cold.Had to reheat in microwave on numerous occasions. At breakfast the fruit juice was watered down .Fruit salad was out of a tin and also the mushrooms.Bacon was awful,tomatoes all dried up .The milk was watery and certainly not from a cow.Coffee had to be had from a machine that you had to queue for ages.The toaster took an age to toast anything.The pool area was a let down.Water cold and adjoining jacuzzi was part of the pool so that was cold as well.Same problem in the spa.The sunbeds and tables were never washed or cleaned during my two week stay.After 3 evenings of rain the sunbeds were soaked in pools of water.No one dried them off so they could not be used.In the restaurant in the evening they let men in wearing shorts and vest tops,some with caps on!!So all in all this was not in my opinion a 4 star hotel and for this reason I will not be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Harryonthecoast

Good Morning Harry,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and for choosing to stay with us.

I am sorry to hear your opinion of the restaurant. I can tell you that the juices are not watered down and that the milk does come from a cow! Our food scores are very good from independent tour operators our own in house scores and from a company who come in twice a month to give us feedback. Whilst our recent scores are very good I respect that we all have our own opinion and I’m sorry that your experience wasn’t what you expected. I have taken your comments on board and will review each point.

On a positive note, yes we are in a great location, nice clean rooms and a good choice of food.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

great hotel in a good location. close to beach and old town night life, and also good shopping near hotel, clean and comfortable rooms, avreage food but very good service would go back again when in benidorm

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank liz l
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Good Morning Liz,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and that you would return when back in Benidorm. We are in a very good location and offer a great service. I am sorry you feel the food was average as independent scores are very high for food.

Kindest regards

Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Arrived last week for 6 nights stay in a sea-view room, e-mailed them and asked for a high room and a cot, got there an hour early and was told it would be an hour wait, I thought the gentleman on reception could have been a little bit more helpful and seeing as I had a young child with me could have suggested something for us to do in the hour, maybe he could have asked us if we'd like to wait in the bar maybe I'm being fussy, got given our key card and told our room was on the 7th floor, again I thought the man could have explained you'd need the card to access toilets,pool area etc, got to our room and noticed the brilliant view, twin beds which weren't too comfy and the wall alongside the bed was very grubby, the bathroom was clean but again could have done with a makeover, the shower was good though. Waited over 30 minutes for our suitcase so rang reception to remind them, 20 minutes later it finally arrived, I asked the man who brought it where our cot was and he said 'You have too pay extra for a cot', I said 'Yes I know you do but I still need one', I was very annoyed at this point with the attitude of 2 different members of staff within an hour and it tarnished my first day. The pool area was fine but very quiet, could have done with a little low music, the guests were of the older generation and very polite, I felt a bit awkward because our daughter was the only one there and we were very conscious she was being loud in the pool.there were plenty of beds, the pool area was very clean but there was the odd time the sun was blocked out by the building in front,the guests were a mixture of nationalities which I liked, we had breakfast for the first 2 mornings but decided to eat out after that, the food was fine but I like to be able to eat food that tastes like home, thats no disrespect to the hotel the food was good. I needed help with my wifi connection and went to reception where a lady called Laura was very helpful, also the pool animations lady was very friendly and good with my kid. Although I had a few niggles I would recommend this hotel, the main things to mean are cleanliness,quietness at night and good food, this hotel has all those things,I would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: I had a sea-view room, 709, it had a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CarlisleCumbria

Hello CarlisleCumbria,

Many Thanks for your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I am sorry to hear that the start of your holiday was not the best and I have taken note of the points you have made, which I will investigate.

Overall once you settled in it appears you had an enjoyable holiday and that the cleanliness, quietness and good food are what you look for on holiday. There are few children at this time of year, now they are back at School, and as the sun is lower at this time of year, there is a period of time that is goes behind a building, but not for long. Having said that the beach doesn’t have this problem for those who want constant sun and is just across the road.

We hope to see you again in the near future and once again thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Kindest regards