“Week in the sun (mostly)”
Review of Cabana Hotel

Cabana Hotel
Ranked #126 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Week in the sun (mostly)”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just wanted a week away in the sun after the rubbish weather in England and a short flight so opted for benidorm in a reasonably priced all inclusive hotel. We were quite lucky for weather but had rain one day.
I don't know why people have been so negative about the Cabana. It was all clean, in fact our room was cleaned every day and we were given fresh towels every day too. We managed to find food we liked on every meal and the soups were lovely. The only change I would suggest would be to get rid of the hot drinks machines at breakfast and have boiled water for tea and coffee pots with decent coffee, the machines were a bit hit and miss and you could never be sure what would come out! The barman was a character, and a quick tip to the bar staff ensured fast service and a full glass (well plastic).
The pool was freezing but not sure that anything could be done about that. We were on the tenth floor but there were four lifts so not a problem. There were a few hen and stag parties there so it was lively by the pool but only good humoured fun. There were also a lot of Spanish pensioners but to be honest it amused us to watch them dancing on a night.
It was a bit bizarre one day when there was a Spanish private party at the hotel and the childrens entertainer played games in the pool with the children. I don't think that would happen in England.
For the price we paid I wouldn't fault this hotel and would gladly go again, my only niggle was that I wish we'd gone for two weeks.
There were 74 steps to the hotel but they weren't too steep and there was a path to walk round but was a bit longer.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room around the fourth floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roz F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at hotel cabana for a long weekend with my best friend. We weren't expecting much from the hotel but even still we were left disappointed. We arrived at the hotel only to be dropped off a couple streets away. We had to make our own way to the reception up 75 very steep steps (there is a ramp which is slippery and impossible to use if you are in a wheelchair!) then up a steep slope. We checked in at the very dated reception where were greeted by a very rude spanish gentleman. We found our way to our room via a tiny lift. The room was small and dark, the beds were rock hard (the floor had it been clean would have been more comfortable). I have never experienced a room that is dirtier once the cleaner has been in! Fag butts left on the floor in the room and neither of us smoke! The food is vile. I am not fussy with my food but all I could eat in the evening was a cheese roll! No drinks brought to the table during meals.
The A.I is a joke. You have to queue at the bar and can only have 2 x drinks per card. One lunchtime I went to get a snack (which was only ready salted crisps) and because I only had 1 x card with me I couldn't have 2 x drinks and 2 x crisps. I had to return with the second card.
Normally in hotels the pool area is cleaned before people start sunbathing. Not here, bleach is thrown down at 9 am in the morning (even staining my towel) then rinsed away with a hosepipe.

The entertainment- there is none. Only a bit of music for an hour. Meal times - evening food is 8pm-10pm so no good for families with small children.
We ate out after the first night. A fantastic chinese restaurant towards town called restaurante chino - starter, main meal, wine and pudding for €5.50! Also an amazing Hungarian restaurant serving homemade pasta! The best sangria too!
Oh and the hotel doesn't allow sunbed reserving but this isn't implemented. We ended up on the gorgeous beach- €4 for lounger for the day.
The staff (with the odd exception) are rude. The receptionist ignored us, allowing us to stand waiting for 4 mins before saying- I'm busy come back in 10 minutes.
The hotel is popular with hen and stag parties so avoid if you want a quiet hotel!

1 Thank curlylou_x

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

stayed at this hotel with my daughter for 1 week A.I.,the hotel was not great,food not good repetitive and usually cold,,the entertainment or sorry lack of it was terrible,everything in this hotel geared towards spanish guests,god help anyone coming her with kids there was nothing for them...the all inclusive bar snacks where a joke 2 slices of dry bread with cheese and ham,no chips burgers toasties,not even ice cream for children ,if you where spanish you got served at the bar before a.i. who u would have though by the bar staffs attitude where begging not paying,Getting a bottle of water was another joke if u where a.i. it cost 2EURO.if you where spanish it was free,,everything was in plastic cups even ur tea and coffee with a straw,which burnt the mouth off you.and the 75 steps up to the hotel thats another story,,transfer bus drops you acrossthe road from the steps and your just left there to find your own way,.On the plus side the cleaners where lovely and very helpful probably felt sorry for us.Why send British holiday makers to this type of hotel which clearly does not cater for anything other than spanish..

Room Tip: don,t be taken in if booking with a company for superior room as there are none,,"all the room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank franky51316
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Cabana for a girls weekend and had a great time -despite the hotel. However Im glad we didn't book a week. The food was the worst Ive ever had on an all inclusive holiday. OK the accommodation was cheap so we didn't mind eating out but if you expect a traditional all inclusive you will be disappointed. The all day snacks consisted of crisps..all ready salted! The staff were miserable as were some of the Spanish guests staying at the hotel but we had a great time waltzing and twisting with them on the last night. There is a very steep hill to get to the hotel so it is not suitable for people with mobility problems. Its ok to stay here for a cheap weekend but be prepared to make your own entertainment and stay away from the restaurant!

Room Tip: You may want to book a room on the lower floor as the lifts were slow when getting to the 11th floor...
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

firstly i will say this is a unbiased review as i was quite openminded but frankly the staff in the cabana hotel are very unfreindly anti english rude and to be honest it spolit my holiday
The food was shocking and i mean shocking i would not of fed it to my dogs it was well below any kind of standard.the rooms were very basic and not very clean the all inclusive started at 10 and finished at 11 and then we was told to get out of the bar area in a rude way very arrogant staff.would not reccomend

Room Tip: stay way from this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Welshpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is absolutely fine unless you are relying on it for entertainment. The food was always satisfying, plenty of hot meat and fishdishes, chips, veg dishes, potatoes in various forms, big salad bar with cheeses and coleslaws, fresh rolls and pastries, lots of puds to choose from. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy, bathroom was more than adequate and cleaned every day.
The hotel does seem to attract the retired spanish folk, but they are happy dancing into the night! There are plenty of brits there too, lots of laughs around the pool in the day and evening. All inclusive drinks end at 11pm, just in time for us to stroll down to the beachfront for a few more.
I'd definately go back to this hotel, we had a lovley time in Benidorm.
I did notice that there were hardly any children there though, I'd don't think I would take mine either as there's nothing there for them. Just lots of retired dancers and brits letting the good times roll!!

1 Thank becki d
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

WARNING WARNING WARNING This hotel was 1 of the worse hotels I ever stayed in. Food was awful, staff were rude and was full of Spanish people who looked down their noses at us, the hotel is up a hill and there are probably 100 steps to climb up WITH your luggage and as coach does not go anywhere near it you have to walk up a hill before you even get to the steps ... fine if your young and really fit I AM NOT so this was a nightmare, a couple of taxi drivers told us that this was the 1 of the 5 worse hotels in Benidorm, miles from everywhere and please DONT look at the picture on the site as it looks like it is overlooking the beach BUT whoever took them pics they must have been on the 11th floor with a superdupa camera lense as there was a half hour walk to the beach and that is probably an under estimate .......

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel
2 Thank bettyboo1723