“Excellent all round”
Review of Cabana Hotel

Cabana Hotel
Ranked #121 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went to the Cabana in November '11 with a group of 12, 7 children and 5 adults. I booked the hotel and then read the reviews, so was a little worried, but we had a brilliant 2 weeks. Yes there wasnt much for the kids to do, but we went out of season, but we had some good weather and the kids enjoyed the beach, the park at the hotel, and we even used the pool. We went all inclusive, and yes the food was more for the Spanish but we could eat it and the kids loved it, not one of us was ill and we was there for the 2 weeks. The rooms was always clean and tidy the all of the staff was really really helpfull and kind, and we even joined in with the daily entertainment which our children thought was great, most of the Spanish Holiday makers were also friendly although there was the language barrier, they was learning from our children and also learning the children some Spanish. :) We spent our days on the beach, we also spent our nights with our children in the square, which they loved, as they was welcome at all the pubs. We would walk maybe 3 times a day into the newer part of Benidrom, as it is a nice walk espcially going through the old part of Benidrom the little shops and cafe, and boutiques were brilliant. :)
I would like to point out that you have to make the holiday yours, we did things so the holiday was ours, we got what we paid for, and we would happily go back there tomorrow, and the place has a very special place in our childrens hearts. The Children where aged from 9 to 1, this is not the first time they have been abroad but it is the one they talk about the most.
We loved it :)
P.s The steps yes there a nightmare, but there excises as well, not very good if you are in a wheelchair or find it hard walking, but I managed and I broke my back 3 mths before the holiday, and to be honest it helped. We all agreed that we was glad we could walk into the new part, but also leave it behind to go back to our hotel to sleep in peace. :)

Room Tip: You dont have to walk up the steps as there is also a road that is before the steps that is easier t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank claire b

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Before I went to this hotel I read a lot of negative reviews which are simply not true. It is a hotel mainly for spanish holiday makers and the entertainment is spanish, but that does not mean you can't join in the fun. When we were there the entertainment was a small band playing party music and getting the guests to join in with dances similar to the Macerena. I found the staff to be pleasent although there english was limited, so it was a waste of time trying to get information about travel to theme parks. There are steps leading up to the hotel which would be very differcult for anyone with mobility problems, but this hotel is situated in the old part of benidorm which is very hilly, unlike the new part. The rooms are basic but acceptable and very clean, in fact this was one of the cleanest hotels I have been to and they obviously care about the cleaness of the hotel as it is clean everywhere. The rooms did have air conditioning. The food is ok and plentiful, I noticed most people would eat as much as they could as it was a help yourself buffet. There was usually a choice of english breakfast and spanish served between 8-10am. Dinners were usually a choice of salad or meats with chips served between 8-10pm. I found the other guests to be pleasent enough, although the elderly did look a bit moody. The lifts were limited to four people and at busy times you did have to wait a little but there was no pushing in like some reviews have said, there was also the option of the stairs. It is close to the beach and shops. The swimming pool was cold but I noticed that all the pools are cold in spain as they are not heated, we went to the Aqualand and the water was freezing. All in all I would say that most peoples expectations when coming to benidorm is that it is going to be like the television series, we'll this hotel is not, its mainly spanish, its very clean, the food is ok, but I would not advise it to anyone with mobility problems because of the steps.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank anthonymurphy101
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I Have read a lot of negative reviews so wanted to share a positive one. I stayed on the 20th July 2012 for 3 nights half board. The rooms were fine and had a tv, dresser with mirror and aircon which was free and great as it was very hot and helped me sleep. There was 2 single beds which were confortable and we also had a balcony over looking the pool and the sea. Bathrooms are big and very nice with a bath/shower etc. The maids came everyday to clean but most of the time
We didn't bother with them as prefered our sleep more. The food was fine it was basic but what do you expect for buffet style dining. Lots of choice of fruit, salads etc. There are a lot of Spanish that stay here but yet again it is Spain so didn't bother us at all. A lot of people have commented on the "steps from hell" well we didn't find them a problem at all! Yes if you have elderly or children with you then maybe it might be a bit more of an effort but it didn't bother us and wasn't as bad as some reviewers have described. The location was fine around a 10 minute walk to the beach and sea front but there are a few bars you can stop in on the way. All in all we had a great time and would return the one thing I would suggest is to make your own mind up and not look into these reviews so much as I know before I went I read some of these and thought it was going to be awful and it turned out to be the complete opposite.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Manc2010
Reviewed August 14, 2012

this hotel is great ;) lmao ...From great food if you like food poisoning to an amazing pool with hair everywhere looking like the hair dressers floor, making sure the blue waters are not too blue ...its very artistic :) .Really big rooms ..for 1 , no space for your partner ...but he can sleep in the balcony ...oh ...hold on ..no balcony ...because they put me in the basement with a small window with iron bars ...great for fires (don't worry be happy) . AND AN INCREDIBLE ,amazing smell from a ditch right next to my window that only made me dream about going back to India ...lol
enjoy your stay ;)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jessy v
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent one week in June 2012 at this hotel.Hotel Cabana is really situated on the hill,but big advantage is the location.It´s not far from the beach and shops.We had a very nice view from the balcony.The room cleaned every day,staff was friendly.The hotel elevators are terrible-very small-just for 4 people.We had to wait a long time for the lift,because elevators were still occupied.I´am not demanding people,but the food was the worst of all hotels I have ever visited.I ate because I was hungry (by the way dinner served from 8.p.m was much too late),but it was not tasty.Limited choice of dishes,minimum of fruit and vegetable,sometimes dirty plates from the bottom,fresh puff pate not every day,nasty sweet drinks.Next time I decided for another hotel mainly for better food.Otherwise Benidorm is a beautiful city and we enjoyed our holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tereza G
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We moved to this hotel after the first day of our holiday.....its lovely the staff are helpful and freindly...the guests are great though they didnt speak much English ...they always invovled us in the entertainment even though it was in Spanish after a few beers what the hell.We would go again well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SomersetWendy_P
Reviewed June 18, 2012

we arrived by transfer to be dropped by supermarket then had to go up 73 steps to the hotel, rooms cleaned every day clean towel every day, shower was small and difficult for me to use as have arthritus in back and knees and hotel was very clean, food was very limited until spanish arrived then got a little better, while we were there 2 coach loads of spanish came in dropped off outside of hotel, then coach load of kids, then another coach load of yr older kids, they went out most days but when came bk 1 day took over pool which was of small size so noise was horrendous. snacks only plain crisps or a ham/cheese sandwich which had no spread on, staff not to bad and on last day check-out was noon but our pick-up was not till 5pm so all-inclusive stopped at noon, room for suitcases not safe some guests had there luggage gone though, entertainment same every night for spanish in spanish when put show on did not start till 11pm, do not go to this hotel it for spanish not english go somewhere else

Room Tip: ask for a pool veiw
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family