“Good location”

Ranked #101 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a few nights at the beginning of August 2013 as a last minute deal. The location is brilliant. It's 5 minutes to the beach and a two minute walk away from the strip of shops.The majority of the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The drinks were of good quality and I'd say the food was of an average standard - some dishes were far better than others. However there were a number of dishes I didn't try due to my own personal preference so my review of the food isn't 100% fair. The pool area was fine except that's it's open to the public so anyone can come in. Also the position of the hotel and the pool meant that there are considerable areas of shade throughout the day. This may be a positive for some people however it was a negative for me as I was trying to get a tan! The room was basic and quite small - which was fine for us as we just needed somewhere to put our heads down at night! On our last night the air conditioning unit started to drip which was very frustrating. The big down fall for me was that there wasn't a single English person staying in the hotel - they were all Spanish and the majority of them seemed rather rude. My partner and I were constantly being watched or stared at by someone. We are quite care free people so it didn't really bother us that much but it was a tad off putting. Obviously I had no objection to Spanish people staying in a Spanish hotel! It was just a very different experience for me compared to other beach holidays I've been on. I've always found another English companion whilst on my hols but not this time which was a real disappointment! We definatley felt excluded and isolated in this hotel. We later found out that we were in Old Town. Most of the English tourists stay in New Town which was a ten minute walk from where we were staying!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Anybody wishing to stay in, or near the old town ,then this hotel has convenience in overload.
4mins walk and you are in the main walking street,5mins to the beach,10mins to the new town, its in the perfect position.
Now the food has a good taste with it, "but " the meat dishes seem to be put out early and are cool and starting to toughen by the time you are allowed to enter the restaurant, never quite understood the logic in that and their vegetables consist of green beans and more green beans,, other than that ,a meal can be put together,, not the Ritz,, but adequate,,,, this hotel only had 2 lifts in operation which can also be troublesome when it gets to a busy time,, other than the issues I pointed out, for a moderate hotel its doable....

Room Tip: The front of the hotel has a street view, whereas the rear, has a building directly facing it , not...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hrthommo
Manchester
Reviewed May 17, 2013

As a regular visitor to this Hotel, I was pleased that there had been a change of owners and thought there may be changes to some aspects of the Hotel. The reception area has been redesigned and the staff were very welcoming. I was assigned the room I had asked for and this was kept very clean. There has also been an additional lift installed for public use.
My only concern is, with new management, there has been no change in the menu selection available. It is designed on a one week stay and so what you had on Monday one week is more than likely the same the following week. Whilst I will return to this Hotel because of its convenient location I think the new managment need to consider expanding their menu in order to attract more than the Spanish pensioners which seemed to make up most of the clientele whilst I was there for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Beniformpeter
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

hi we stayed at the bristol park hotel last july we were a/l was trying to book for this year but i see they only do h/b or f/b this hotel was great the food was good and staff very helpfull anyway would like to know if they are still doing a/l

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aberdon-12
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

A group of us stayed there last week and we thought we had arrived at an old folks home. The looks we were given were enough to send us back on the bus. The food was ...... well i really do not know what to say, so bland boring cold, we ended up at Subway. I have stayed at plenty of 3* hotels in Benidorm but this was shocking. I will be honest and praise the reception staff and the maids, they were very good. The room we stayed in was on the third floor and the noise from t.v's was so loud we had to ask for them to be turned down. Mainly Spanish were there, so it would be best for the hotel to say "English not welcome" we would have chose somewhere else.
Evening entertainment was line dancing for the elderly

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are noisy but get the sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mariesweetpea

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights for our Silver Wedding Anniversary we booked through Booking.com as we have many times before.We were the only British people in the hotel the rest were elderly Spanish people.We E mailed in advance to request a low floor as I do not like to use lifts when we got there we were allocated a room on the top floor but to be fair the receptionist changed it within minutes and have us a first floor room.The hotel staff were very helpful they even sent us a bottle of Champagne & a Loveley fruit arrangement on our anniversary which was such a wonderful gesture. The food was ok always something to suit both of us Benidorm itself is Loveley nice beaches plenty to do and we found it to be cheap.Will definetely go back

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spent last week at the hotel (2 - 7th March) and found it to be at an excellent location for the right price. Being at the heart of the city but not in a noisy area was great so my girlfriend and I could visit the city and have a good rest. The staff were always friendly and the food was quite good. It would have been nice to have free parking but there was a private parking next to the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked the receptionist to give us the best room, he did not really know what to give us so he was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple