“very very good food”

Ranked #2 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Burry Port, United Kingdom
“very very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

the location was exelent for all benidorm could offer the staff were frendly and very helpfull ideal place on the outside bar to sit and people watch would definetly recomend this hotel the coffee andsnacks wear very reasanabley priced and also the beer we wear on half board but it was well worth going full board for alittle extra

Room Tip: ask at reseption for aroom facing front and well worth paying 10pounds extra full board for a week
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rhian190927

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
Salford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I are just back from a 14 night stay.

The positives, of which there were many:
1. The food, especially desserts, and the calamari, to die for;
2. The restaurant staff- so friendly and attentive- best in Benidorm;
3. The prices in the bar- so reasonable, though receipts not always given by Teo and Toni!!!!
4. Helpful reception staff
5. Very clean throughout

The 'could do betters'

1.. Rooms are like UK Travelodge- no comforts
2. Wifi not reliable, disconnects often
3. No comfortable seating in Public areas, except front outside terrace bar.
4. No sun at pool till 1300hrs
5. Toni at the bar has a knack of ignoring you till he is ready.

Overall we would stay again.

3 Thank SalfordCoupleM50
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my husband have just spent a week here and i write as a disabled guest. When we booked we were told it was possible to park the scooter on the second floor but when we arrived we were told we must park it in the Ambassador across the road which was difficult for me as I can not walk that far. they did offer to loan me their wheelchair but that would mean my 70yr old husband having to push me about and I am no lightweight. We did get over it by him parking it each time.The hotel is very small and as I could not take the scooter into the hotel it meant that I could not get to the swimming pool either but I was not too bothered about that but some would. Now the good bits. It is spotlessly clean and the rooms although quite small are very good, the beds in particular are very comfortable, we had a kind of wet room for the bathroom and it was fine.The food is very good indeed even if there was an overkill of chips.the main meals were varied and the desserts to die for. Breakfast was quite adequate but fried eggs were always hard,and when I mentioned it I was told to ask the next day and they would cook some but I think I decided to stick to the hard ones after trying the specially cooked ones. The entertainment is a bit same as but it was okay. The bingo man made it quite funny and not too serious. The one thing the hotel could do was to reserve a small portion of seats for residents as we found it nearly impossible to sit outside the front of the hotel when it was sunny.I would reccommend this hotel to able bodied people but I dont know that I would return.All the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: rooms facing the rosamar get the most sun. the groung floor rooms have sun beds about 5ft below the...
2 Thank ANN R
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Anyone thinking of booking for Benidorm choose this hotel.
Went as a family party of 8 adults, as hotel is adult only, to celebrate my dads 70th. Can't recommend it enough. Usually stay in min 4* and this hotel is as good as any. No negative comments from anyone.
The hotel is fairly new, quite modern, very clean and guest friendly. You can only use the lift if you have a key card.
We were very impressed when the hotel allocated all our rooms together on the same floor, usually you end up allocated all different.
The restaurant is kept very clean and tidy, the food is of a high standard and changed regularly. The staff are very friendly and efficient. The freshly squeezed orange juice served at breakfast couldn't be any fresher! There's a machine constantly squeezing the oranges. Enjoyed Buck's Fizz on a couple of mornings too. Good choice of hot and cold food at all meal times.
The outdoor sitting area is great, you can watch the world go by, inc Elvis if you're lucky. Very reasonable bar prices too which is a bonus in a hotel.
The location is spot on! Close enough to everything but far enough away for it not to disturb your peace and quiet. Bars and shops just a couple of mins away. The beach is 5-10 mins. The big market on a Sunday and weds is within 5 mins walk.
The rooms themselves are spotless. Beds are very comfy and the patio doors seem to block any outside noise. The shower room is well equipped, you don't need to bother with a hair dryer.
Would recommend this hotel without hesitation, in fact one of our group has already booked to go back.
Wish we could move the hotel to anywhere we decide to go in the future.
Thank you Riviera Beachotel for making my dads birthday trip so memorable

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank DebHowse
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just spent 11 nights at this hotel, have to say it was as good as the other reviews say. from the moment we checked in the staff made us all welcome . rooms well furnished good channels for british on tele. Food the best we have in Benidorm we have been 19 times. the outside space his great to have a drink with the sun shinning on the area, Would recommend this hotel to every one I know I will be returning on our next trip to Benidorm

Room Tip: New bar opened across the road at the Ambassador hotel worth a visit
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank James C
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned after a 27 days' stay. Nice, friendly hotel with excellent facilities. Comfortable rooms, excellent food(sweets to die for), reasonable entertainment, lovely, sunny terrace bar with reasonable prices, and overall great value for money. Would recommend to any couple, young or old. Security caused concern on one occasion, when two 'gypsies' were found lurking near the lift, near reception, whose staff were completely unaware of situation, as we're staff at terrace bar, when told about them, so mystery how got in unobserved. More security recommended.

3 Thank Alston12
Paisley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Been in Benidorm a few times now and stayed in a few lovely hotels, but thos little number is the best so far. Food is delightful, catering to all tastes, lovely vegetarian options, a wide range of meats and fish also. Food is very hot and lots of veg, chips, salad etc service at mealtimes is extremely professional, we had a lovely waiter Mohammed, who was lovely and very polite. All reception staff were friendly and they met all our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples wanting special time together. Everyone ( guest) at the hotel was so friendly which is just an example of how the hotel made you feel. It was clean and very up-to-date all being a new hotel. We went with Thomas Cook and Jamie the rep was helpful and can guide you to lots of activities which are worth a day or two, me and hubby done the spa day with massage, perfect. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013