“okay”

Hotel Ambassador Playa I & II
Ranked #29 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed April 1, 2014

stayed at playa ll. the hotel is very clean, towels changed daily. very nice lady works on front desk most days. drinks are okay price considering its a hotel. many old people when i went, which made for a very quiet hotel. went with my partner and my toddler. they had a little play park for him which was nice for him. however, older people didn't seen to like having him there and was very uncomfortable sometimes (but not really the hotels fault.) breakfast was food, but the rest of the food was of a very poor quality and often were being given leftovers from the beginning of the week. safe to say nun of us and a solid bowel movement. there was a man that worked in the dining area who was very rude and we complained about him in the end. the hotel dealt with him very swiftly though. overall not a bad hotel, but will go somewhere else next time. went in november 2013

Room Tip: lower floors may be best a lifts are very slow and often one is not working
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank charlotte l
Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have just got back from staying at the Playa 1 between 25th March and 1st April with my partner,from arriving at the hotel everything was perfect,We arrived at 8:30 pm and there was a full coach of us,i thought this would have meant it would take ages to check in but it only took us about 10 minutes,we were given our keycard and shown where the lifts were,we went to our room 538 and it was more than we expected,we had a pool view like we asked for and the room itself was immaculately clean we had 2 single beds side by side a dressing table & mirror a massive wardrobe and a tv,in the bathroom there was a bath,shower,toilet,bidet and sink with large mirror there was also a hairdryer.I am a very fussy eater but i thought the food was excellent at every meal time with a great choice,the drinks in the restaurant were also very cheap.The swimming pools outside aren't the biggest but they are big enough as i would say over 75% of the guests are pensioners and don't go in the pools especially at this time of year as the water was very cold.There were plenty of sunbeds available every day.The only problem was the noise from the bars opposite our room but usually this didn't bother us. I will be going back here again as the hotel is in a perfect location for all of the bars.

2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A smashing weeks holiday at the Ambassador Hotel from the 25th march to celebrate my husbands 70th. No gripes at all, we even had a bottle of Cava and chocs put in the room from the hotel for his birthday, food very good, lovely clean rooms and staff very helpful. Hope to go back later in the year.

2  Thank clv47
Reviewed April 1, 2014

just arrived back from a weeks holiday I must say we really enjoyed it very much the food was well cooked and tasty and staff overall were very helpful we had a lovelly surprise when a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates were delivered to our room a very nice gesture we would go back to hotel again thanks again me and the wife

1  Thank mervyn c
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was our first time time in Benidorm and didn't know what to expect but the hotel was brilliant.The room was a decent size with massive wardrobes.You might need to take extra hangers though.Excellent storage space.I haven't seen bidets in bathrooms since the 80's!!Cleaning was efficient and maintenenace excellent.We had a blocked basin one evening and they were there within the hour.I would like thank Antonio, the restaurant manager and his super efficient very friendly staff.My husband is disabled and a row of tables is allocated near the buffet.Although this is clearly marked,there were always able bodied people trying to use them but Antonio quickly moved them on.The food choices and quality were excellent,especially the breakfast but beware of the mad stampede for the toasters!They have four of them ,so not too long to wait.The coffee was lovely from the machine.WE heard horror srories from guests stayin at other hotels so I am so pleased we chose this one.

Room Tip: request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the Riviera.We had 520.very quiet at night.
1  Thank RobJillAberdeen
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed in the Ambassador Player 1 and 2.

My last stay was in 1. Very clean hotel, friendly staff (not that we needed to engage with staff much). Food is quite basic but quite edible, lacking local produced food.

We ended up with a room for 4 people (one twin and one double room with in one room, quite hard to explain due to layout) and there was only 2 of us staying here so we had no complaints at all.

The bathroom was quite old and dated, the shower flex was broke but did not affect the use and there was a little on the bath with small amounts of rust. Nothing that we could not cope with and I am usually very particular about my bathrooms.

Exactly what you are looking for when you are away on a boozy weekend break location ideal as being above the last pub on our route. (You would have been totally unaware there was a pub directly under our balcony).

Room Tip: We stayed on the front of the hotel with balcony on 7th floor. Ideal for us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

just back from a 5 night stay at yhe Ambassador. 10 guys aged mid 40's to early 70's. first off, the location is central to Benidorms night life and therefore an excellent base. took us quite a while to get checked in but when we did the fun began. there are 3 lifts plus a service lift if you know where to look. if you are able bodied enough to walk up and down the stairs then fine. if not be prepared to spend half your holiday waiting for the lifts. the rooms were spotlesly clean if not very basic. we had twin rooms and although you could sleep on them the beds were very small. The heating as also left on 24/7which meant sleeping with the balcony windows open. being in one of the noisiest parts of town would not help light sleepers. A lady in the room next to us told us that there had been rowdy parties there the week before us running up and down and blasting music. she complained but staff were reluctant to help. she even found one guy passed out through drink in the lift and again got no help.
the food was acceptable if not repetetive but the restaurant manager Antonio had undergone a humour by pass and was not friendly at all. the outdoor pool was still too cold to use which is understandable but the indoor greenhouse pool was lovely.
we also used the spa at a cost of €10 for 2 hours which was well worth the money.
They have happy hour from 8.00 pm which is a nightmare as they only have 1 barman working despite the hotel being full so this was somewhat off putting. there was entertainment which appeared to go down well with those who took advantage of it starting off with a guitarist every night. the hotel is connected to the Western Bar which offered some excellent country music every night. your hotel key gets you 40% discount in there as well as the Riviera hotel across the street and Morgans bar. All in all its OK for a few nights but theres that something missing that i cannot put my finger on which would not make me rush back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends