“70th Birthday holiday”

Hotel Ambassador Playa I & II
Ranked #30 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A smashing weeks holiday at the Ambassador Hotel from the 25th march to celebrate my husbands 70th. No gripes at all, we even had a bottle of Cava and chocs put in the room from the hotel for his birthday, food very good, lovely clean rooms and staff very helpful. Hope to go back later in the year.

2  Thank clv47
Write a ReviewReviews (2,977)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

just arrived back from a weeks holiday I must say we really enjoyed it very much the food was well cooked and tasty and staff overall were very helpful we had a lovelly surprise when a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates were delivered to our room a very nice gesture we would go back to hotel again thanks again me and the wife

1  Thank mervyn c
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was our first time time in Benidorm and didn't know what to expect but the hotel was brilliant.The room was a decent size with massive wardrobes.You might need to take extra hangers though.Excellent storage space.I haven't seen bidets in bathrooms since the 80's!!Cleaning was efficient and maintenenace excellent.We had a blocked basin one evening and they were there within the hour.I would like thank Antonio, the restaurant manager and his super efficient very friendly staff.My husband is disabled and a row of tables is allocated near the buffet.Although this is clearly marked,there were always able bodied people trying to use them but Antonio quickly moved them on.The food choices and quality were excellent,especially the breakfast but beware of the mad stampede for the toasters!They have four of them ,so not too long to wait.The coffee was lovely from the machine.WE heard horror srories from guests stayin at other hotels so I am so pleased we chose this one.

Room Tip: request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the Riviera.We had 520.very quiet at night.
1  Thank RobJillAberdeen
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed in the Ambassador Player 1 and 2.

My last stay was in 1. Very clean hotel, friendly staff (not that we needed to engage with staff much). Food is quite basic but quite edible, lacking local produced food.

We ended up with a room for 4 people (one twin and one double room with in one room, quite hard to explain due to layout) and there was only 2 of us staying here so we had no complaints at all.

The bathroom was quite old and dated, the shower flex was broke but did not affect the use and there was a little on the bath with small amounts of rust. Nothing that we could not cope with and I am usually very particular about my bathrooms.

Exactly what you are looking for when you are away on a boozy weekend break location ideal as being above the last pub on our route. (You would have been totally unaware there was a pub directly under our balcony).

Room Tip: We stayed on the front of the hotel with balcony on 7th floor. Ideal for us.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

just back from a 5 night stay at yhe Ambassador. 10 guys aged mid 40's to early 70's. first off, the location is central to Benidorms night life and therefore an excellent base. took us quite a while to get checked in but when we did the fun began. there are 3 lifts plus a service lift if you know where to look. if you are able bodied enough to walk up and down the stairs then fine. if not be prepared to spend half your holiday waiting for the lifts. the rooms were spotlesly clean if not very basic. we had twin rooms and although you could sleep on them the beds were very small. The heating as also left on 24/7which meant sleeping with the balcony windows open. being in one of the noisiest parts of town would not help light sleepers. A lady in the room next to us told us that there had been rowdy parties there the week before us running up and down and blasting music. she complained but staff were reluctant to help. she even found one guy passed out through drink in the lift and again got no help.
the food was acceptable if not repetetive but the restaurant manager Antonio had undergone a humour by pass and was not friendly at all. the outdoor pool was still too cold to use which is understandable but the indoor greenhouse pool was lovely.
we also used the spa at a cost of €10 for 2 hours which was well worth the money.
They have happy hour from 8.00 pm which is a nightmare as they only have 1 barman working despite the hotel being full so this was somewhat off putting. there was entertainment which appeared to go down well with those who took advantage of it starting off with a guitarist every night. the hotel is connected to the Western Bar which offered some excellent country music every night. your hotel key gets you 40% discount in there as well as the Riviera hotel across the street and Morgans bar. All in all its OK for a few nights but theres that something missing that i cannot put my finger on which would not make me rush back to this hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Booked the Ambassador independently on a special offer and it was worth much more. Rooms adequate and clean. Food excellent, something for everyone. Staff extremely friendly. Wifi free and good drink prices. Had a great time

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and away from lifts - also ask for one facing the road overlooking the western...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at the Ambassador Playa 1 for a week, Very friendly staff and close walk to the beach, Bars and shops! :)

The rooms were kept very clean and the beds were comfortable. Rooms were a little dated though and our room had some wear and tear but overall comfy. Showers were very good, very powerful!

WiFi was terrible in the hotel, we received a password from reception to use the WiFi but it could never connect the signal was so poor.

Food was poor in my opinion, not a lot of variety for a vegetarian, It was mainly all meat however when we spoke to the restaurant manager he was quick to go dish us up something vegetarian.

I had a facial which was 45 Euros, The therapist could not speak any English therefore communication was hard. During the facial she was very loud in the room and began rearranging equipment as I was trying to relax. She then left the room halfway through to use the bathroom which I thought was very unprofessional. The Facial was nothing like how it was advertised. As a qualified Beauty Therapist myself I just didn't think this was acceptable treatment and not worth the money.

Overall I would rate this as an Average hotel with room for some improvement :)