“Worth a visit”

Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
hertfordshire
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Newly refurbished this year nice friendly atmosphere drank here on a few occasions.good prices with b o g o f.on spirits.right on the main strip of benidorm.staff friendly and entertainment is good.mixed bunch of people.

• Stayed September 2013
8 Thank yaskel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel, a party of 7 couples. We had a fab time, food is plentiful with lots of choice for every meal, rooms are cleaned daily and staff are friendly. The only downside which we didnt notice last year, is the prostitutes outside directly opposite the hotel, my husband was approached twice which we found disgusting. Even more disgusting was that they were brought into the hotel by guests and the receptionist turned a blind eye, this has definitely put me off going back to the Ambassador next year.

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank suzysueh
Caerphilly
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hotel staff were very helpful ,easy checkin , food was amazing and so much choice at very meal, very central location. Pool area great. The only problem was the prostitutes touting right outside the entrance which could be seen from our balcony , unpleasant to have to see this if we wanted to relax of an evening on balcony, I know this goes on and it is not the hotels fault,but to have it flaunted right under you nose is not nice, and a few of our party were approached by these girls which they found distasteful ,but the worst part was that they were allowed into the hotel with clients which made me feel uncomfortable to think that maybe I was sleeping in a bed which had previously been used by prostitutes , the staff must now these girls as they tout right outside every night but still they allow them access ,I find this totally unacceptable and a big downside tomy holiday .

Room Tip: Higher floor less noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kathydee
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day break and I couldn't have enjoyed it more!
It was my second time at this hotel and you can see they have done a lot of refurbishment in the public areas. The bars are lovely especially the new Explorer Bar, I also love the Western Saloon as I like the lively atmosphere and live music. Entertainment every night in the hotel, great food, as much as you want to eat. The staff are so friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome, you can see they really make the effort with guests. Rooms nice and clean and we had a pool view and could see the sea. Plenty of sunbeds around the pool and only a short walk to the front. Great location right in the centre of nightlife. All in all it was spot on and we will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: We booked with Travel Republic and got a room overlooking the pool which had the sun into the aftern...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank DaveD386
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in September with a group of friends on a hen party,the rooms are very clean but basic,could do with a fridge and kettle.
Balcolny is small and to open,we stayed half board food is ok and plenty of it but not a lot on offer for veggies was more English food than Spanish,this hotel suits the older generation with evening entertainment every night.
Not to far from bars, clubs,places to eat and about 5 minuites walk to local bus which takes you into old town a must place to visit for shopping and the lovely sandy beach.
Staff at this hotel are nice and plesant,but don't think I would go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank holidays2go_11
Stirling
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Ambassador Playa the first week in October. Weather was absolutely scorching which was a bonus. On arrival at turned midnight, check in was quick and friendly and we were surprised to be given a brown paper bag each with a sandwich, bottle of water, an apple and a tin of salad veg in brine. It was ok and filled a gap.
The room however was a bit of a disappointment. It was a very small room with 3 single beds in and not much room to swing a cat. But it was clean and the maid service did come every day. ( Even when the do not disturb sign was up, my husband did not feel well one day and the maid just pushed her way in despite the sign on the door and when my husband said no not today thank you she still tried to push her way in).
Meals were adequate always plenty to choose from and quite tasty too. Although there was bread and butter pudding and rice pudding on every day, not that my husband was complaining he would have eaten it for breakfast dinner and tea if I let him. Waiting staff were very friendly especially Francisco and Maria. And I just want make a special mention to the Maitre D' (sorry his name slips my memory). He overheard my husband saying he would love to see the kitchens there as he is a chef, and he came over and said when you have finished your dinner come and find me and I will give you a tour. And he kept his word too and gave him a tour of the kitchens.
There were lots of sunbeds by the pool but not enough chairs. There are 2 pools the larger one being the pool we used. Very clean.
Would go back but it would have to be a lot cheaper. Feel a little robbed by Thomson for the price we paid for an October holiday. (£1500 for 2 adults and one child sharing a room)
Also last little thing. We booked a trip with the Reps and were supposed to be met in reception but the Rep that was supposed to meet us turned up for work 2 hours late and by the look of her had a late and heavy night and we missed our trip. Although it was sorted out the next day by the other rep(who was lovely), the rep in question never spoke another word to us all week and avoided us like the plague. She didn't even have the courtesy to apologise and left it all to her colleague to sort out. Was and still am disgusted with her.

Room Tip: John and Josephs pub is directly across from the hotel. A litre of Sangria 5.50 euros, local spirits...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wilkinwonder
fife scotland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

we stayed there for 10 nights, this is the second time we have stayed here, staff are very nice and will help you out if they can, we had side pool view which faced right on the main strip close to great cafes and bars, its only 250metres to the beach would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: side pool view facing is a bit noisy as you face the main street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple