“Double Standards”

Palm Beach Hotel
Ranked #106 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

First impressions at this hotel were not good at all due to the reception staff ignoring the Brits who arrived at the check-in before a group of 30+ spanish hoiday makers, yip the Brits were made to wait and hour and a half as the receptionists checked in the Spanish first. Unfortunaltely this theme tended to be par for the course throughout the week. All holidaymakers on the AI were made to wait at the bar to be served wile the Spanish who appeared to be adverse to queuing were served first.

The Hotel rates itself as a 4 star, it just makes a 3 star. Very tired decor, hall carpets worn and stained walls badly needing papered and painted. Cockroaches running about on the terrace

Evening entertainment non existent. AI only 11am -11pm

Definately not the Hotel for anyone with mobility problems, as there are many stairs into the hotel and down to the pool. The hotel is situated at the top of a steep hill , known as Cardiac Hill, there is a free bus into Levante but n ot wheelchair access on/off bus.

Thats the negatives out of the way .

Rooms small but clean and comfortable. Food good, restuarant spotless , friendly waiters

None of this one drink at a time nonsence either, you could get as many drinks as you wanted bottled water included.

We had a really good holiday, 1 week all inclusive.

Room Tip: all room are on one side of the hotel overlooking the pool. Air conditioning in all rooms. Old sty...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angela D
Javier G, Gerente at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear "largolass"

Thank you for writing to us with your opinion about your recent holiday. In this case we have checked with reception and the group you refer to were already being attended to on your arrival by one of our receptionists unfortunately the other receptionist was attending to another guest a lady that had a small problem, your waiting time was therefore slightly longer than we would normally expect, the time it took to resolve the problem for the other guest. In the bar we attend by queue, under no circumstances by nationality, we do apologise that sometimes you have to wait a bit longer as we do serve more than one drink at one time, we do operate within the guidelines of all major Tour Operators and hope this didn’t affect your holiday too much. By Spanish Law we do have a plan of prevention for pest control in place, unfortunately at times especially during hot weather insects can be seen as in any other country.
It is always a pleasure to hear the views of the guests especially when they have a good holiday without disruption and enjoyed the Hotel facilities, food and service of our staff and we hope to see you here again on your next holiday.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This Hotel is situated at the top of quite a steep hill but they provide free bus travel to and from the town centre and the beach. Our booking included entrance to three theme parks which turned out to be great value for money, do not miss the Dolphin show at Aqua Mar the best I have seen. As to the Hotel itself we stayed in september so it was not too busy, we found the staff to be courteous and friendly, all inclusive drinks stop at 11pm but that was enough for us anyway. The food is first class especially the breakfast. Rooms are a bit small but two double beds in a room for two people takes up a lot of space but unlike most hotel beds I did not wake up with aches and pains in the morning. We certainly would come here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Fattam

Dear "Fattam"

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent holiday with us and all the readers of Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to learn that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed all the facilities we offer. We hope to see you here again on your next vacation.

Your sincerely

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The palm beach is up a steep banks but a bus is provided to take you into town. Fortunately we did not have to use the bus. My friend and I stayed their for 2 weeks from 15 September. The food was excellent and some, not all, of the restaraunt staff seemed a little unhappy. The maitre de was very professional and was hands on when needed. The holiday with Jet2 included free trip to three theme parks which was excellent. The entertainment staff were brilliant with children and very friendly. The bar staff were on the whole ok but not very friendly and, as a previous review for being all inclusive the drinks stopped at 11 which was not ideal when you are on holiday. We walked into Old Benidorm a few times and this was lovely especially the church.

Room Tip: Although we had a pool view this was slightly obliterated by a roof in front of the room we had on t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank pauline j

Dear "pauline j"

Thank you for writing your review. We are pleased to hear that you liked your holiday in general and enjoyed the free entrances to the theme parks that we offer on the all inclusive fun option. We hope you have a nice autumn and Christmas and would be very pleased to see you here again for your next holiday.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

when we arrived at about 10;30 in the evening we got booked in fairly quickly on arrival we were told we would get a cold buffet which we did only gripe was had to go down twice to reception as the a/con was not working i demanded that i either got someone to see to it or be re-roomed we got a room on second floor .i love spanish cuisine and was not disappointed by the restaurant it was varied menu everyday .the staff were helpful if you gave them the time of day,my spanish is not great but they still had time for a joke or two ,will defo be back de nada javier to you and your staff thank you

Room Tip: if going to aqualandia/mundomar go up street toward the apartments and turnleft into next street fo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CowdenbeathRosco
Javier G, Gerente at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear "CowdenbeathRosco"

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion about your recent stay here with us. We will give your compliments to the staff and we hope to see you here again in a near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Me my wife and two kids stayed here in August for a long awaited 10 day holiday we arrived late at night we requested a low floor because of the kids got the top floor the next night we where at the bar and the bar man stood behind me to stop people from getting served who where on the all inclusive which stopped at 11 when my wife called me to get 2 bottles of water for the kids I turned around and the bar man was standing in front of me and said I was to late and started a big argument with me the lady that was in front of me asked me what I wanted when I said I wanted 2 water he told her not to get them for me she told where to go after that for the rest of the holiday just goy worse there was one girl with black Curley hair (for the manager to sort ) who worked behind the bar never met anybody so rude in my life and I'm not the only one who said that most people I talked to said the same always had something to say in Spanish to her workmates even the kids said the same thing se was that bad I felt like giving her a box couldn't get a sun bed had to sit on the grass full of muck this place is a kip food was ok staff where pigs don't waste your money here go somewhere better we work to hard for our holidays your ment to enjoy them you won't here if I got it for free I still would not got that's how bad it is kip kip kip

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Peter C

Dear "Peter C"

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion about your holiday. We are sorry if we did not meet your personal expectations. We are pleased to hear thought that you enjoyed the food at the Hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

hello all, have stayed here about 20 times over the years. yes i do like it but is it the hotel for you. read on. this hotel is 4 sar and deserves it . rooms are spacios light and airy, all have balcony are very well serviced .there is a mini fridge in all rooms. restaurant is very big with usually only half the area needing to be open . the food is excellent, well cooked and a very varied choice everyday.desserts to die for & cava with breakfast daily. very good staff in all departments & we enjoy the quiet peacefull location.now the negative which will put many of you off. the hotel is located in an elevated location in the rincon area & it's up a very very steep hill. we have a car so not a problem for us but though the hotel give guests free tickets for the 2 buses that serve the hotel .this service finishes aroun 10pm so if your out on the town it's a taxi or a very steep walk back.anyone with back, heart or walking problems should avoid it.we love this hotel but want anyone considering it the true facts.another possible drawback is the pool area has a lot of shade till pm .hope i helped with this review.& before i close let me say that value wise you won't this good a hotel for what they charge .10 out of 10 for value and better than some so called 4 star hotels in benidorm. bill lyall from london. frequent visitor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank billlyall

Dear "billlyall "

Thank you for sharing your opinion with all readers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay every time and that you keep on coming back to us for the services we offer. We are looking forward to great you here on your next holiday.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm staying at this hotel now with my family, mum and dad in law, hubby and 2 boys aged 4 years old and 11 month old baby.
The hotel was overbooked so we're in the don Jorge apartments next door, still All inclusive at the palm beach. Yes the walk from hotel to apartments is a pain but the accommodation is perfect for our family as includes a microwave, washing machine etc and has a separate bedroom for the kids. Really clean, well equipped and spacious - no complaints. Food is good and I must compliment the head waiter in the restaurant - I'm vegetarian and after 2 nights (this is night 3) of struggling to find an adequate meat free dinner, I spoke with the head waiter who graciously arranged an alternative meal for me tonight and told me to let him know each day what I wanted to eat and he would arrange it for me - 1st class customer service - thank you!
We're just halfway through our stay now but I think we'll continue to be impressed by the staff and facilities here. Just wanted to comment now, people are too quick to complain sometimes, I wanted to compliment!

• Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank MDDowling

Dear "MDDowling"

Thank you for writing your review. It is nice to hear how you find your holiday when you are still at resort. We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying it fully and very good that you aired you concern about the food whilst still at resort, as we always try to cater for all and when knowing about special needs like yours or any allergic problems we always do everything we can to offer what is needed. Our main aim is for our clients to have a nice and unforgettable stay here with us.