MedPlaya Hotel Regente
  • Bar/Lounge
Melia Benidorm(Benidorm)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,094 results
All reviewsbar staffwalls are thinmed playapool areaevery nighttoastiesgreat holidaysun terracesky sportshalf boardsnack barrooms cleaned every dayroast beefpacked lunchevening mealplenty of choicelovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Have just returned today from our first (and likely to be our last) stay at the regente. We were told when we booked there would not be many kids - what a laugh. Couldn't move for them - and most (not all) were so ignorant, swearing, pressing the lifts numbers then jumping out, running wild etc. (not all the parents fault). Not much to do during night time entertainment. Had a stomacj bug for two days. No sign of the reps most days unless you caught them first thing and on day of leaving - notice up to say NO reps due to training - fend for yourselves gang. Don't think I would go back again - but the rooms were nice, and cleaned very well with very polite clears. Waitresses and Maitre'D Pedro and Antonio were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coffeeCumbria
Reviewed July 12, 2007

Just returned from my 4th stay at the Regente hotel in benidorm
Having stayed there 4 times during the last 2 years I have to say how
this hotel has deteriated in some ways. It used to be a great place when vincent was the manager. Now it seems to over run with children running about without any control from the parents and the management
don,t seem to do anything about it. also the standard of food has gradually gone down over the past 2 visits. Generally the staff are quite good, rooms cleaned and towels changed daily. Bar area very poor no quiet area, 2 televisions on at same time as music playing so could,nt listen to either or sit and read, also kids running wild,
but thats the parents to blame so wont be staying again.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank binsie_hinde
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Stayed at the regente, end of May 2007 my mother has stayed here three times in the last two years. I have a two and half year old daughter and a wife and fancied a quick flight to the sun so we went with my mum and step dad. They stayed there last October and what a shock they got, they had two weeks and we came on there last week thank god we did. The hotel is dirty, the food is disguisting and the hotel has a very bad sickness bug going around. Nearly everyone you talked too has had it, i was the unlucky one with not able to get out of bed for two days out my seven beacause of the virus in the hotel. Out of the five people in my group it was only two that didnt get it with a total of a combined 6 days lost. Comments from other people who also got it was, I thought i was going to die, nevere ever felt like that before.It really knocks you for six. Please be very careful but the English bar across the road does great meals without no stomach upsets. Thompson are very aware of this and a notice went on the kids club stating that there is a stomach bug going around and to keep your kids away for two days if they get it...... All i can say is the best of luck or try and change it before you go !!! Kids food is ok ,if they like chips everyday.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank budgebec
manager56, MANAGER at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2007

Dear budgebec,
I am writing in response to your review about your holiday in June at our hotel. Firstly, I would like to say how sorry I am to read of your dissatisfaction in the hotel, especially as your mother has stayed here in the past, and has been very happy. We do everything possible to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay at the Hotel Regente and I am therefore very disappointed to read your review.
I would like to address your comment regarding the sickness bug. The virus is one which is prevalent throughout the whole resort of Benidorm , and has been analysed by experts as a strain of the airborne virus “Norwalk virus”, which is not attributable to any error or fault in our hotel procedures. We routinely carry out rigorous health and hygiene checks in the hotel, as part of our normal procedure.Due to some customers suffering with illness recently, we have undertaken an external hygiene audit . The results of the audit found all procedures in the hotel to be carried out to a very high standard, with a result achieved of 95.4% out of a possible 100%.
I am truly very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel, and I am so sorry to hear that you suffered an illness while you were with us. I would like to reassure you that we do everything possible to ensure our customers have a great holiday at the Regente and I hope my reply has helped somewhat to restore your confidence in our hotel.
Pablo Villamediana
Manager Hotel Regente

Reviewed May 14, 2007

LOCATION
Not a good location. 15 minutes walk to the beach - and that was to the most Eastern edge of Lavante beach. A bit of a trek to the bars in the New Town and obviously even further to the Old Town.
There were a few bars nearby though.

ROOMS
These were okay actually. There was a safe and a TV - but you had to pay extra for the TV. The hotel was rather old - like its guests!

FOOD
Standard buffet style meals. It was a bit predictable.

HOTEL FACILITIES
There was a reasonable sized pool and bar.

GUESTS
When I stayed in December all the guests were British and the majority were elderly.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank 2-22-2012kp
Reviewed February 21, 2007

my husband and i stayed in the regente from the 17th to the20th of feb,thank god it was only for 3 days.What can i say the rooms was dirty the pillowcases ripped,the bed linen was dirty and the food,ah yes the food all i can say is if you are over 60 and have not got your own teeth you will be fine because it all looked like congelled baby food.We have been to benidorm 7 times and never had a bad holiday but never again,and to top it all off my husband came home with what we think was food poisioning.We are in our mid 30s and will never go to the regente again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank 18,111,969