“Absolutely fantastic hotel the staff were amazing!”

MedPlaya Hotel Regente
Ranked #40 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights fully inclusive. Bedrooms were spotlessly clean food was fantastic. It was hot and there was a lot of choice. The staff were extremly friendly and very accomodating, they made our stay very pleasurable. I would highly recommend this hotel. The location was very good quiet not near rowdy bars but close enough to walk a short distance to night life and shops.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacey M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed February 27, 2010

ive just got back from a week in benidorm, in which me and a friend stayed at the Regente Hotel! ive got to say, I dont know what all the negative reviews are about! The hotel was in a perfect location, only 5 minutes from the beach and all the pubs/clubs. The food which is served as a buffet was pretty impressive. A wide range of choice each night, including salad, meat, potatoes, pasta and even a carvery and champagne on fridays!
The hotel entertainment was adequate which I think would be even better in the summer months, but no complaints even so. Staff were friendly and helpful, and even the cleaner who came everyday, was polite.

I would defintely recommend the regente hotel, and even more so BENIDORM in general! had a fantastic and enjoyable holiday all round : )

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2010

After our second short break at this hotel we can only say what a delightful and helpful bunch they ALL are. Our cleaning maid was both helpful and trustworthy and after stumbling around in the dark on our first evening and breaking the systern top on the toilet my husband was sympathetically listened to and within 1/2 hour we were all fixed again!
The food, was as ever, wide ranging and adapted to the British diet. Always hot and a very fast changeover.
Unfortunately,for me,I caught the dreded winter bug and spent 2/3 of my holiday in bed. The staff were keen to ask how I was and there was not a problem when my husband asked about bringing a yoghurt upto my room. They would have been happy if he'd have bought anything back to our room I think.
We will return later in the year!

Reviewed February 21, 2010

We found this hotel to be very pleasant and clean. Our room was ok but the beds were a bit hard to sleep on, also you had to pay 20 euros for a TV remote and 20 for hairdryer. Food was outstanding! Most bar staff was very friendly apart from ONE called Vincent. He was very rude to only some people, like slamming our drinks down and muttering in Spanish under his breath. There was no activities in the day at all so it cost alot to keep my 15 year old son amused with the pool table and slot machines that added up to cost alot. Evening entertainment was brilliant, started all night with BINGO, BINGO, BINGO which was enjoyable. Fantastic talent from the singers and performers.

Would like to plan to go back in the future!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I cannot beleive some of the comments made by some people, myself and my wife have just returned home from a weeks stay in this hotel. We got a cracking deal for the hotel and I can tell you the honest truth this hotel is excellent value the food is piping hot at every meal, you have a choice of what you want to eat (and I am very pickey) and the service was first class, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned every day the hotel was spotless I have been to about 10 different hotels in Benidorm and this one is as good as any. Don't listen to all the negative comments go and see for yourselves you won't be disapointed.

3  Thank John4459
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We regularly go to Benidorm for a winter break and have stayed in many hotels. We found this to be one of the better and no doubt the friendliest. Although the hotel is small and is unable to offer a huge selection of food, we found the quality to be of an excellent standard. My husband particularly enjoyed the black pudding.
We will be returning customers and cannot understand some of the negative reviews.

1  Thank alfiejess
Reviewed February 3, 2010

well firstly the regente is split into s/c-h/b-all inc which does not work
told we can only get two drinks at a time my wife and i who are carers
took two disabled people here who could not go to the bar on their own
so i had to go for two drinks and then queue again for two more drinks
as our twoclients could not go for themself and have to be attended to
at all times
we tried to explain this to the bar staff and reception and were told very rudely
and with a wave away with hands NO EXCEPTIONS
ALL THE STAFF WERE VERY RUDE EXCEPT 1 BARMEN WHO WAS SYMPATHETIC TO OUR NEEDS
the food was repetitive and luke warm at best
we have been to all inc all over the world inc-cuba,dom rep,cancun,margarita and
all the staff there were wonderful and helped above and beyond the call
the 1 + factor about this hotel was the entertainment in the evening
was pretty good
steve and yvonne bestwood nottingham

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
CustomerServiceMgr, Customer Service Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2010

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Regente. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the level of service and food in the Hotel.

The Hotel is a very popular choice with British Holidaymakers with many of our customers returning to stay with us various times throughout the year, because of the warm welcome they get at the hotel and the service they receive.

All of our hotels follow very strict hygiene procedures which are controlled internally and externally and the Hotel Regente is no exception to this rule. The Noro-Virus has been a problem throughout Europe during the last couple of months and in fact has been particularly problematic in the UK as you will almost certainly have seen in the press.

Customer service, and the resolution of problems is important to us at Med Playa and the Hotel Manager and his staff are always on hand to listen to customer feedback and try to resolve any problems, we also offer the services of our Guest Relations Staff in the hotel. We are sorry that they were not given the opportunity to attempt to resolve your problems on this ocassion.