MedPlaya Hotel Regente
$2,526
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
2,125 results
All reviewsbar staffwalls are thinmed playapool areaevery nighttoastiesgreat holidaysun terracesky sportshalf boardsnack barrooms cleaned every dayroast beefpacked lunchevening mealplenty of choicelovely hotel
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Just got back from the Hotel Regente in Benidorm. Went with Thomson Skytours. After reading lots of reviews, I was worried about what to expect, BUT we had a lovely week in the sun.

The Regente is spotlessly clean everywhere. The reception staff are friendly and welcoming. There are lifts to your rooms and they both were working for the entire week! No problems there.

The room although on the small size was again spotlessly clean including the bathroom. There was a full size bath and a shower in the bathroom and both worked perfectly, the shower was lovely a proper power shower!

There was a balcony with table and chairs. There was a safe deposit box in the room which cost 10 Euros deposit plus 2 Euros a day. The room also had air conditioning.
My only complaint about the room is the beds are rock hard and this hurt my hips! I spoke to other holidaymakers who also said the same ... the rooms are lovely BUT the beds are too hard!! I’m glad I was only staying for a week!

The restaurant was again spotlessly clean, they like you to use a disinfectant gel on your hands as you enter the restaurant which I thought was a excellent idea. The food was really nice, freshly cooked and always piping hot. The breakfast had bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, black pudding, beans, etc plus fresh fruit, yogurt, bread rolls, croissants, sweet pastries, toast, cheese, ham, etc!

Lunch and Evening meals were good too .. the choice isn’t amazing although you can always find something you will like. The desserts are good too, as well as always fresh fruit, yogurt, mousse, ice cream.

They are constantly bringing out the food, they don’t overload the quantities so they are in and out with freshly cooked food all the time. I never saw anyone who was poorly or had a dodgy tummy throughout my entire stay.

The evening entertainment was good ... Elvis Tributes and Ben Jackson who did a Michael Jackson impersonation (we loved it!), there were great shows for the children, karaoke, mini-disco dancing for the kids and even bingo ... we loved it all and it was great fun!

The swimming pools were again spotlessly clean as well as all the area where there were sun beds and chairs. We always got a sun bed and umbrella with no problems there.

There is a kids club which is run by two English Thomson Reps .. also a games room with pool and game machines. In reception they have computers with internet access.

My only criticism would be if you have difficulties walking and climbing stairs then its difficult to get to the pool area as you have to go up/down stairs! The Rep said to avoid this you could go thro the restaurant although the staff made this incredibly difficult! It quite upset me to see elderly folk struggling up the stairs with walking frames and sticks! If you wanted to take a buggy to the pool area then you had to carry it up/down stairs! I even witnessed a family struggling the stairs with a wheelchair with an adult in! It doesn’t tell you this in the brochure!

You are about a 15 minute walk to the beach which isn’t far although it was so hot when we were there about 30 degrees! ... it did prove exhausting!

To sum up, we had a lovely holiday and the only downsides are rock hard beds and those stairs!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank lesleytyler63
Reviewed July 22, 2009

hotel regente was very nice, all air conditioned and very clean. meals was luvly, such a wide variety of choice. evryone friendly and helpful, well apart from one barman/waiter. antonio. hes a bit abrupt and short, but he didnt spoil our stay at the avante! i give the hotel 10/10.. brill!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank juliealtuntas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

just back from a fantastic holiday at regente. great value all inclusive,very clean and well run hotel ,rooms are very small but very clean and all have a nice balcony.(thin walls)
Pool area great fun for all especially young kids ,they have just got some more brolly,s in so there,s plenty to go round ,but if you are late getting up you can get your own over the road for 5euro,s
food basic but nice and there was always plenty no matter what time you were down for dinner
Entertainment a bit hit n miss but thers so much going on around the hotel if you dont fancy it you can take a stroll down the road
great time had by all and would return again

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank TheJaapp
Reviewed July 19, 2009

2weeks AI in the Regente (4th – 18th July).

We had no problems with this hotel at all and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was just your typical hotel room, small but very clean, bright and fresh, the maid came in every day to make beds, empty bins, clean bathroom, replenish towels and toiletries.

The large bar area (split between smoking and none smoking) had wall mounted flat screen TV’s in each section, it is air conditioned which was great to come in for a break from the heat and have a cool drink and watch the sport or news for a bit.

The hotel has 2 pools (1 kiddies) and a large solarium for sun batheing, the pools are right beside each other and space around the pool area is of a premium (very small and every one packed in). The Solarium was exactly the opposite, it was large and always had acres of space, and when it got to warm, I just walked to the pool (down a set of steps),jumped in, cooled down and then back to the Solarium (I did suggest on the comments card, that an addition of a shower in this area would be beneficial) . Again, same as all other areas of the hotel, the pool was cleaned every morning and the entire area was hosed down and prepared and what I found particulary good was that as the staff where cleaning and preparing the pool area, anybody that had placed towels on sun loungers to reserve them, the staff removed the towels, with the result was that there was still sun loungers free at 10am each morning. I really am not aware of any other hotel that enforces this rule and I believe the Regente should be applauded for this.

We found the food in the restaurant always to be fresh, hot, thoroughly cooked and to be of a high standard. What I especially liked was the fact that the catering staff did not pile the food up in deep stacker’s, instead the food was presented in flat trays and was continually replaced with fresh trays of food and the used trays taken back to the kitchen.
We found that there was a sufficient variety of food and a good mix between British and European. The staff in restaurant worked very hard at continually clearing tables and resetting them. The only complaints that I heard in the restaurant in the 2weeks that we were there was, as you enter the restaurant they have 2 hand sanitizing dispensers, and as a lady entered the restaurant, Antonio (Restaurant Manager) noticed she did not use the dispensers, so he asked her to go back and sterilize her hands, for some reason the lady was unhappy with this and voiced her displeasure at him. The other occasions where when I Gent tried to come into the restaurant in his Spedo’s and Antonio ask him to put appropriate clothing on and when another Lady entered wearing wet swimming clothes again Antonio explained that her wet clothes would make the seat wet and this would leave the seat wet when the next person went to sit on it, again for some reason both these people voiced their unhappiness at these reasonable request’s.

During our stay we found all members of the hotel staff to be polite ,friendly and extremely helpful, except for 2 male members of the bar staff, who for some reason where completely rude and some occasions where just down right offensive. I would like to give a particular mention to Pedro, Antonio and Vicky for helping to make our stay so enjoyable and another person who I believe should get a special mention is, Estelle, she is responsible for all day and nighttime entertainment, and is also so fantastic with all the children.

Folks, I hope you find the above review helpful and if I can be of any more help, please feel free to email me.

Regards
Joe

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BallyclareJoe
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Me n my partner went on the 20th June with our friends Lisa n Darren for a week of sun, sea and sangria, to the Hotel Regente. Reading some of the previous reviews (especially the 15 paragraph one) was a bit hesitant, but we are so glad we took no notice of the guy as we had such a fantastic time and all credit to the staff that work long hours as they couldnt do enough for us especially our nightman friend Francisco who went out of his way to help my friend Lisa when she had an unfortunate accident in Cafe Benidorm with resulting in "Torn ligament in her foot" the entertainment was fantastic as she was the star of the show all week,lol, Lisa was hobbling around all week and getting plenty of sympathy. Anyway back to the hotel the maid service was great as they would come back in the afternoon if you fancied a lie in which i did all day friday due to excess alcohol on the thursday nite after the bar shut, off Lisa n I went to Cafe Benidorm and danced the nite away or should I say I danced the nite away as Lisa was resting her foot on a buffet. The food was great and catered for all our needs as we went All Inclusive we hardly spent anymoney whatsoever, As for the smokers there was plenty of ashtrays around the bar, the pool, the terrace, my only fault was people being ignorant and smoking where the food was being served at the snack area as that i do not agree with but that is not down to the hotel staff etc ... thats down to lack of common decency!!!!!
We met some fantastic people whilst staying here as the atmosphere was great so therefore people stayed longer at the hotel until the bar shguit then they hit the square or strip as some call it. Not far from the beach at all and if you wanted to nip to the shops you just leapt over the wall n there you was instead of walking all the way round. Anyway thats it from me as i have rabbled on a bit so if you was at the Hotel Regente from 20/6 til 27/06 and recognise us then get in touch.
Bye for now ......